Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
Results 46 to 60 of 209
  1. #46

    • I'm your huckleberry.
    • Offline

    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Ventura County, CA
    Posts
    6,176

    Re: 5/30: Here's Johnny!

    Quote Originally Posted by Disneyfreak
    LOL but you are not forced to stay there. They give you a buzzer and you come back when it buzzes. Therefore you are not inconvenienced. Or they give you an estimate time to return and results in no time loss or commitment. Now the way they did the Blue Bayou was unfair as well when you had to wait in a queue line or make reservations. Now look what they did, Disney made it first come first served which makes it 100% fair.
    Right. So FastPass is the "buzzer" of E-ticket attractions. So glad we could clear that up!

    Quote Originally Posted by Senator David Wu (D-OR)
    Don't let faux-klingons send real Americans to war!

    Quote Originally Posted by TheHousingBubbleBlog
    Everyone says that the U.S. doesn’t make anything anymore, but that’s not exactly true. We’re the world leader in the manufacturing of bull****.

  2. #47

    • Banned User
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    1,769

    Re: 5/30: Here's Johnny!

    Quote Originally Posted by PumpkinKing!
    There is no secret system... you go and put your ticket and BAM! Your spot is reserved! And saving a spot for your friend/ family is much different then fastpass. Because then that is cutting.


    Well Rainforest sort of has a que and if I come along with my Rainforest club card saying I am a member and I get seated right away because I called ahead, knowing there would be a line later in the day... doesnt seem too different. Yes you do have to wait if you didnt make a reservation or pick up a fastpass in advance!

    To you it is not a secret but people coming from overseas and have never seen a system like this in their life it is unfair and by the time they catch on the day is already half gone. LOL fastpass is the exact same thing as cutting and saving places in line. You are not physically in line and you physically pass everyone when you do get in line. If that is not cutting then I don't know what is. I don't give a darn what that ticket you got says, you did not commit to standing there like everyone else in stand by.


    It is a 5-10 min line to get to the elephant during most crowds, we are not talking 60 min here. Most people would be willing to stand in a 5 min line. That 5-10 min someone skipped over just because they were a member means squat to me because a 5 min line does not inconvenience me.
    Last edited by Disneyfreak; 05-30-2006 at 01:33 PM.

  3. #48

    • I'm your huckleberry.
    • Offline

    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Ventura County, CA
    Posts
    6,176

    Re: 5/30: Here's Johnny!

    Quote Originally Posted by Tinkerbell
    As for the Pixar rides... eh, kinda getting fatigued of it all.
    I'm really not too excited about Midway Madness. Not because of the Pixar tie-in, but because its just another ride like Buzz for my boyfriend to beat me at!!!!

    Quote Originally Posted by Senator David Wu (D-OR)
    Don't let faux-klingons send real Americans to war!

    Quote Originally Posted by TheHousingBubbleBlog
    Everyone says that the U.S. doesn’t make anything anymore, but that’s not exactly true. We’re the world leader in the manufacturing of bull****.

  4. #49

    • Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    1313 S. Harbor Blvd.
    Posts
    456

    Re: 5/30: Here's Johnny!

    I'm wondering...with all this 'returning the park to what it used to be' activity, it sure would be nice to bring back the 'cannonball' fritters at the Mint Julip Bar...and stop wasting our money selling us that apple dip. Matt...are you listening?
    "They's two B's in basketball!"

  5. #50

    • Banned User
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    1,769

    Re: 5/30: Here's Johnny!

    Quote Originally Posted by Brer Bear
    I'm wondering...with all this 'returning the park to what it used to be' activity, it sure would be nice to bring back the 'cannonball' fritters at the Mint Julip Bar...and stop wasting our money selling us that apple dip. Matt...are you listening?
    They should bring back the large fritter that had the filling. Not only that but bring back the raspberry sauce.

  6. #51

    • I'm your huckleberry.
    • Offline

    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Ventura County, CA
    Posts
    6,176

    Re: 5/30: Here's Johnny!

    Quote Originally Posted by Disneyfreak
    They should bring back the large fritter that had the filling. Not only that but bring back the raspberry sauce.
    They had fritters with fillings and raspberry sauce???? How did I miss that?!?!?

    Quote Originally Posted by Senator David Wu (D-OR)
    Don't let faux-klingons send real Americans to war!

    Quote Originally Posted by TheHousingBubbleBlog
    Everyone says that the U.S. doesn’t make anything anymore, but that’s not exactly true. We’re the world leader in the manufacturing of bull****.

  7. #52

    • Banned User
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    1,769

    Re: 5/30: Here's Johnny!

    Quote Originally Posted by a_hyperbole
    They had fritters with fillings and raspberry sauce???? How did I miss that?!?!?
    Yes they did not give you 4-5 small fritters, they gave you one huge fritter filled with sauce. They also had sides of raspberry sauce they used to have which was way better. You had a choice of the apple or raspberry and I was peed off when they got rid of that and the size factor. Not only that but the fritter used to be hot out of the oven. This was when Disneyland had an awesome lineup of food and everything tasted excellent, now everything is super overpriced and I could go across the street to McDonalds to get better food. I can tell this is their goal to remedy this problem.
    Last edited by Disneyfreak; 05-30-2006 at 01:40 PM.

  8. #53

    • MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Get the Iodine!
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Here
    Posts
    17,659
    Blog Entries
    10

    Re: 5/30: Here's Johnny!

    Quote Originally Posted by a_hyperbole
    Right. So FastPass is the "buzzer" of E-ticket attractions. So glad we could clear that up!
    I agree 100%.

  9. #54

    • Earth Intruder
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    The Tangent Universe
    Posts
    3,060

    Re: 5/30: Here's Johnny!

    Quote Originally Posted by a_hyperbole
    You don't have to be an AP'er or know the park like the back of your hand to use the FastPass system to your advantage. All it takes is some logic and time management. Perhapst thats too much for some people when they're on vacation.

    Technically, you ARE "in line" with FastPass. And waiting in line the old fashioned way CAN be abused. I'm not sure how you can abuse FastPass in the first place. I've found that people who say this feel that simply taking advantage of FastPass options think that alone constitutes abusing the system.
    Couldn't have said it better myself.

    Sorry, but "using" Fastpasses does not constitute "abuse" of the system. (I guess these are the same people that hate annual passholders because APers use their annual passes for admission and discounts..... um, sure.)

    The basic strategy is to always have a FP for something at all times, which really isn't a difficult concept to grasp or apply.

    There are tons of tips for navigating the park, and using those tips does not constitute abuse. It isn't like people are telling you the best place to duck under the ropes to line jump, how to shame cast members into giving you discounts, how to rig the fastpass machines to spit out extra passes, etc. THOSE would be "abuses".
    I am grateful... grapefruit! ~ Bjork (upon winning Best International Female Artist at the BRIT Awards)



    Founding Member of the BA!

  10. #55

    • Banned User
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    1,769

    Re: 5/30: Here's Johnny!

    Quote Originally Posted by Chernabog
    Couldn't have said it better myself.

    Sorry, but "using" Fastpasses does not constitute "abuse" of the system. (I guess these are the same people that hate annual passholders because APers use their annual passes for admission and discounts..... um, sure.)

    The basic strategy is to always have a FP for something at all times, which really isn't a difficult concept to grasp or apply.

    There are tons of tips for navigating the park, and using those tips does not constitute abuse. It isn't like people are telling you the best place to duck under the ropes to line jump, how to shame cast members into giving you discounts, how to rig the fastpass machines to spit out extra passes, etc. THOSE would be "abuses".
    Do you deny that stand by lines get cut more than 50% when you take away fastpass? If you know the line ratios, it ranges from 80% fastpass and 20% standby or 90-10%. You take away fastpass and the stand by lines will drop dramatically. There is a hidden agenda for people who like fastpass and that is due to the fact they love being in the 90% ratio line instead of the 10%. The problem is when first timers don't know how to use the system and are stuck in the 10% line until they finally figure out how to use the system which usually does not happen until half the day is gone while you have been milking the system since 8AM. You are an annual passholder who has had many ocasions to study and learn the system to the maximum extent. It is unfair and it should be taken away from passholders who think they have more rights here than a single day and this is coming from an AP. You should have a right to the discounts and admissions because that is what you paid for. You did not however pay to be privilaged guests who get front of the line passes.
    Last edited by Disneyfreak; 05-30-2006 at 01:55 PM.

  11. #56

    • I'm your huckleberry.
    • Offline

    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Ventura County, CA
    Posts
    6,176

    Re: 5/30: Here's Johnny!

    Quote Originally Posted by Disneyfreak
    Do you deny that stand by lines get cut more than 50% when you take away fastpass?
    I don't know about Cherny, but yes, I reject that idea totally. The lines wouldn't drop much if at all with FastPass removed. They didn't increase dramatically when FP was installed, so why should the converse be true?

    Quote Originally Posted by Disneyfreak
    The problem is when first timers don't know how to use the system and are stuck in the 10% line until they finally figure out how to use the system which usually does not happen until half the day is gone while you have been milking the system since 8AM.
    Seriously.... who are these people? I haven't always been an APer, but I certainly knew how the FP system worked!!!! And that was BEFORE I become involved with Disney websites like this.

    Frankly its irresponsible to go on vacation without thoroughly researching your destination. I know I make a point of doing extensive research before I travel somewhere. That research would include knowing how to use the FP system BEFORE you go!!! Sheesh. It's not like its rocket science.

    And what's with the "its not fair" broo ha ha? Few things are fair, nor should they be. Dumbing things down to the lowest common denominator wouldn't doing anyone any favors.

    Quote Originally Posted by Senator David Wu (D-OR)
    Don't let faux-klingons send real Americans to war!

    Quote Originally Posted by TheHousingBubbleBlog
    Everyone says that the U.S. doesn’t make anything anymore, but that’s not exactly true. We’re the world leader in the manufacturing of bull****.

  12. #57

    • Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    The Colony, TX
    Posts
    743

    Re: 5/30: Here's Johnny!

    I love Fastpass and I have no hidden agenda. My agenda is I want to get on as many rides as possible and wait as little as possible. I don't have an annual pass, but I'm a big Disneyland fan, so I took the time to investigate and learn as much as I can about the system. You don't have to be an AP to know how to use fastpass. There is a lot of information out there for the infrequent visitor and it's been around long enough that most people are familiar with it.

    I've seen two hour lines for Splash and Space Mountains before they had Fastpass, so eliminating it will not magically drop those lines to 30 minutes. Name your event, there are always people who learn more about the system than others and have an advantage. Whether that's buying concert tickets or getting cheaper rooms at hotels, that's just the way it is. Unfair? Not necessarily. If I read about how to use the system on this site, other people have the same opportunity to get that information.

    I simply think fastpass is not appropriate for the Subs because the capacity is so low, the fastpasses would be gone by early afternoon and the standby lines would be horrible. On a higher capacity ride, like the refurbed Pirates, I would have no problem with it.

  13. #58

    • Banned User
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    1,769

    Re: 5/30: Here's Johnny!

    Quote Originally Posted by a_hyperbole
    I don't know about Cherny, but yes, I reject that idea totally. The lines wouldn't drop much if at all with FastPass removed. They didn't increase dramatically when FP was installed, so why should the converse be true?



    Seriously.... who are these people? I haven't always been an APer, but I certainly knew how the FP system worked!!!! And that was BEFORE I become involved with Disney websites like this.

    Frankly its irresponsible to go on vacation without thoroughly researching your destination. I know I make a point of doing extensive research before I travel somewhere. That research would include knowing how to use the FP system BEFORE you go!!! Sheesh. It's not like its rocket science.

    And what's with the "its not fair" broo ha ha? Few things are fair, nor should they be. Dumbing things down to the lowest common denominator wouldn't doing anyone any favors.
    How long have you been going to Disneyland LOL? The lines were ALWAYS shorter before they installed fastpass. Splash Mountain was always 50-60 min long before they added fastpass and now the line soared to 80-120 min on average. Space Mountain had an average of about 40-50 min and now the line is over 70-100 min with fastpass. These are all line times that cannot be denied. They also had one day where they turned off all the fastpass machines to do a test and the wait times went down dramatically. I have followed them very closely and I know what I am talking about when it comes to wait times.

    For you it may not be rocket science but for many it is. You have to realize that you are in the top 90 percentile of people who know how the system works. People coming from foreign countries visiting for the first time ane not going to know how these things work. You have to be understanding of these people and not just think about yourself. I am not for dumbing down things either but making them totally fair.


    Quote Originally Posted by Neon Cactus
    I love Fastpass and I have no hidden agenda. My agenda is I want to get on as many rides as possible and wait as little as possible. I don't have an annual pass, but I'm a big Disneyland fan, so I took the time to investigate and learn as much as I can about the system. You don't have to be an AP to know how to use fastpass. There is a lot of information out there for the infrequent visitor and it's been around long enough that most people are familiar with it.

    I've seen two hour lines for Splash and Space Mountains before they had Fastpass, so eliminating it will not magically drop those lines to 30 minutes. Name your event, there are always people who learn more about the system than others and have an advantage. Whether that's buying concert tickets or getting cheaper rooms at hotels, that's just the way it is. Unfair? Not necessarily. If I read about how to use the system on this site, other people have the same opportunity to get that information.

    I simply think fastpass is not appropriate for the Subs because the capacity is so low, the fastpasses would be gone by early afternoon and the standby lines would be horrible. On a higher capacity ride, like the refurbed Pirates, I would have no problem with it.
    Again it is all about me me me. I have been going on all these rides since I was 2 years old so I know how long these lines are. There are always going to be days where there will be spiking of wait times regardless of fastpass or not. But with fastpass it is only adding insult to injury when you add 30-60 min to each standby just because some people want to cut in line and not have the patience to do it the right way.
    Last edited by Disneyfreak; 05-30-2006 at 02:28 PM.

  14. #59

    • MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Get the Iodine!
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Here
    Posts
    17,659
    Blog Entries
    10

    Re: 5/30: Here's Johnny!

    Quote Originally Posted by Disneyfreak
    Do you deny that stand by lines get cut more than 50% when you take away fastpass? If you know the line ratios, it ranges from 80% fastpass and 20% standby or 90-10%. You take away fastpass and the stand by lines will drop dramatically. There is a hidden agenda for people who like fastpass and that is due to the fact they love being in the 90% ratio line instead of the 10%. The problem is when first timers don't know how to use the system and are stuck in the 10% line until they finally figure out how to use the system which usually does not happen until half the day is gone while you have been milking the system since 8AM. You are an annual passholder who has had many ocasions to study and learn the system to the maximum extent. It is unfair and it should be taken away from passholders who think they have more rights here than a single day and this is coming from an AP. You should have a right to the discounts and admissions because that is what you paid for. You did not however pay to be privilaged guests who get front of the line passes.
    Are there any official studies that confirm this?

    Plus I thought all guests are allowed to use Fastpass. I mean the few times that I went, I got my fast passes without any problems. Heck there were fast passes available for just about all the rides each time I passed the machines.

  15. #60

    • Banned User
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    1,769

    Re: 5/30: Here's Johnny!

    Quote Originally Posted by Disney Wrassler
    Are there any official studies that confirm this?

    Plus I thought all guests are allowed to use Fastpass. I mean the few times that I went, I got my fast passes without any problems. Heck there were fast passes available for just about all the rides each time I passed the machines.
    The ratios have been stated many times by Al and other sources on this site. All guests are allowed to use it, I am not debating that. I however am debating the knowledge required to use them. When you visit for your first time you would not catch on how to use the system until later in the day when curiosity sets in. An AP however already has the knowledge of how fastpass works to the highest extent and uses it from 8AM following every trick in the book on how to juice the system for all its worth. That is the true reason I am debating this. The other reasons I am against fastpass is because it makes the stand by time horrendous, causes walkway backups, and ruins the themed queue experience but those are personal reasons why.

Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Johnny Carson
    By Sorcerer's Apprentice in forum Disney Media Networks and TV Industry Discussion
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 04-11-2009, 03:30 PM
  2. Johnny Depp's $2m Thank You
    By Barbossa in forum MiceChat News Archive
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 01-20-2008, 10:19 PM
  3. Like Johnny Depp?
    By DisneyDude2006 in forum MiceChat Main Lounge
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 01-18-2007, 12:21 AM
  4. Go, Johnny, Go! - LA Weekly 7/13/06
    By ALIASd in forum MiceChat News Archive
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 07-13-2006, 10:15 PM
  5. 6/25: Waiting for Johnny
    By Al Lutz in forum MiceAge Discussions
    Replies: 19
    Last Post: 06-28-2006, 06:30 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •