• MiceAge Columnist
    • MiceAge Founder & Editor

Blog Entries

6/2: Lights, Camera...

Guest columnist Alain Littaye has a photo update of the Walt Disney Studios Paris park, discuss it here!
    "Politics is the profession whereby the inevitable is made to seem a great human achievement" - Quentin Crisp

• All you need is LOVE

Re: 6/2: Lights, Camera...

Wow this was sure a treat. Thanks for the update. I love all of your picture's

Did you also know the other little secret about the Hollywood painting at the back of Studio 1?

Not only does it look like Hollywood Boulevard continues onwards in the picture, it also changed from day to night and back again every couple of minutes. This is a really cool effect, done by changing the lighting from a yellow/pinkish to a dark blue/purplish colour scheme.

What also surprised me in your pictures Alain, is the amount of trees the park suddenly seems to have. I really hope they continue planting more trees, flowerborders and little sideways, so it will be a lot more cozy then the wide asphalt street it now is.

Nevertheless the lack of theming, I still think WDS is a beautiful park, where a park like Six Flags (or Walibi in Europe) cannot come even close to. Its houses some gems in terms of attractions (Cinemagique, Animagique, Rock'n'Rollercoaster and Moteurs, Action, Extreme Stunt Show Spectacular) that make a day at the park worthwhile. Also the additions of new attractions should only increase this.
    ex-DLRP Space Mountain CM!

• Vehicle rotating backward

Picky website ownership question: Why would you put a MiceAge watermark on DLRP.fr's photo? I've never understand why the MA crew does that alteration on pictures that were granted use to them from other people.

Doing it to their own pictures, of course, makes sense and is perfectly defendable.

• Diamond In The Rough

Thanks for the update - it looks as if WDS is slowly transforming into something worthy of the Disney name (all be it the Eisner-era Disney name...)
    The addition of greenery and photo ops have made a great deal of difference already - keep it coming!

"I'm gettin' kind of fond of you, kid.
    Not that I want to pick out curtains or anything."

• Internet.Serious Business

Perfect Park Acres, the latest in Hover-Burb Communities

Great update! Nice to see it finished! But wasn't there going to be a part about future concepts (Soarin)?

Not one single tree has been added!! It's just spring...

And the loading area for Crush that Alain is refering to is actually the darkride section.

By the way, regular updates, secrets and stories about WDS can be found here for people that care ;-) http://www.wdsfans.com

• ...or just Tonny

Wow, I didn't know one could take that many pictures of the park without one single duplicate!

The new trees look nice - it's a start for an otherwise terrible park. Sorry!
    Ad luna in flamma gloria

• DLRP Mental

Terrible park ha have you ever visited any other park that's not disney sorry but I really don't see where you people get the word terrible for this park from. Also the so called "new" photolocation for the Incredibles has been around since the cinema release, it isn't anything new and it's not in preparation, it's been used for years now.

• With my wife....

I'm always amazed at how similar WDS is to DCA.... only now WDS is getting some corporate love, but DCA continues to flounder. I hope the placemaking projects work out better over there than they have here!
    "I could never convince the financiers that Disneyland was feasible because dreams offer too little collateral"

--Walt Disney

• ...or just Tonny

Quote Originally Posted by PATMAGIC
    Terrible park ha have you ever visited any other park that's not disney sorry but I really don't see where you people get the word terrible for this park from. Also the so called "new" photolocation for the Incredibles has been around since the cinema release, it isn't anything new and it's not in preparation, it's been used for years now.
    Actually, I've visited dozens and dozens of other parks, and usually even the smallest of parks are more entertaining than the concrete mess in Paris!
    Ad luna in flamma gloria

• FuseMP

Just a general wondering about one of the comments. The photo of the Incredibles photo spot says its being developed, it looks exactly the same now as it did last October. Are they making something more there or is that it?

The thing about Paris is that it has very clear seasons, unlike WDW the parks can't be very green in winter. WDS looks so much better in spring/summer than winter, and now that the trees have grown a little it's even better. I think we should stop bashing anything WDS, they are working on it and they know they did things wrong. DLRP keeps changing for the better.