Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

• Frustrated A/V Engineer

Great update, Kevin. One comment - you wrote:

And on the whole, this Festival is not at all the draw that the Food and Wine Festival in the autumn poses.
    I have 2 very good reasons why the Flower & Garden Festival will never come up to the level of the Food & Wine Festival. First is the former's lack of more food, and second is the former's lack of more wine. It's a no brainer for me that interesting food and a great variety of wine will always draw more people than flowers. To each their own, but I'll take the munchies and booze!!!

• Official Mice Chat person

HKDL looks strange... Jungle Cruise is IN the rivers of america and there's no fronteirland... Strange...

FastPass SAVED our vacation; don't mess with it!

I'm glad you're keeping an eye on this, Kevin. I can't tell you what a big mistake it would be for Disney to tweak its FastPass system too much . My family braved 110-degree temperatures to visit WDW last July, and FastPass immeasurably enhanced our experience. Instead of stewing (and I mean literally stewing) in lines for hours we could seek relief in air-conditioned spaces waiting for our next return time or seek out out less popular attractions we still wanted to do that had shorter standby lines. It made for a much more spontaneous visit. And FastPasses remained available for most attractions until relatively late in the day.

Our experience at Universal Studios was markedly different. I don't know how the parameters of distribution differ for the Universal system, but it didn't seem to work well at all. One big difference, as I recall, was that different machines offered passes to different choices of rides, some of which might be distantly located. Also, you picked your return time, which actually increased your stress. Because the system was more complicated, with visitors having to scroll through multiple screens of choices, I found it confusing and the lines for the machines were almost as bad as the lines for the rides. Although crowd sizes seemed about the same at both parks (crushingly massive), passes to the most popular Universal rides ran out almost immediately while passes to the rest ran out much earlier in the day than at WDW.

Stay on the story...

And about Test Track...

One other quick point: Another member noted long FastPass return lines for Test Track. We experienced the same problem because the ride was malfunctioning, forcing staff to give repeat ride-throughs to visitors whose rides were halted at key moments like the 60-mph acceleration at the end.
    But also I think Disney's Imagineers need to face facts: The design for this ride simply SUCKS. Whoever heard of a ride with THREE seats per row? People simply don't ride this way: They tend to ride in twos or fours. With a three-seat row, you either leave one seat per row empty or you split up pairs or families to fill the orphaned seat. On our visit this resulted in a lot of "line-jockeying" to make sure young children didn't have to sit by themselves in a row with total strangers. Hence, longer wait times.

• Iron-Clad Allie

I went to a garden party to reminisce with my old friends,
    A chance to share old memories and play our songs again.

And then I saw her face! Now I'm a believer!
    Not a trace...of doubt in my mind.
    I'm in love, mmmmm! I'm a believer, I couldn't leave her if I tried.

Davy Jones is a Monkee! People think he monkey's around.
    But he's too busy singin' to put anybody down. :devil:
    He's just tryin' to be friendly! Kind of likes to sing and play.
    Talk about pure inspiration, forever and a day.

Lot dah dah dah dah. Lot dah dah dah dah.
    You can't please everyone, so you've gotta please yourself.

The Flower Power Concert Series at WDW's Flower and Garden Festival sounds cool enough - leastwise, as far as Davy Jones, Paul Revere and the Raiders and one or two other musical artists go.

The nostalgic "Flower Power" concert reminds me of similar events at the Disneyland Resort. Only, there weren't many big name legends at the recent event, or, on the positive side, the problems that DCA has experienced from some of the artists in the past.

Davey Jones must love performing as much as people enjoy being entertained by him. In terms of today's music, it might be said that he is the 60's era equivalent of Smash Mouth. You've got to admire the guy for being as perennial as some of the flowers at the recent festival.

When I attended a show a couple of years ago, fellow Monkee Micky Dolenz and Davy absolutely rocked DCA! Later that evening, I heard their entire musical repertoire and comedy routine a second time from my Paradise Pier Hotel suite - in all of it's loud and raucous glory!

Don't plan on any early snoozing when these two musical mad men are around!
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Somebody slipped Mickey a monkey.
    Last edited by Ride Warrior; 04-21-2005 at 12:43 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by buckbooks
    One other quick point: Another member noted long FastPass return lines for Test Track. We experienced the same problem because the ride was malfunctioning, forcing staff to give repeat ride-throughs to visitors whose rides were halted at key moments like the 60-mph acceleration at the end.
    But also I think Disney's Imagineers need to face facts: The design for this ride simply SUCKS. Whoever heard of a ride with THREE seats per row? People simply don't ride this way: They tend to ride in twos or fours. With a three-seat row, you either leave one seat per row empty or you split up pairs or families to fill the orphaned seat. On our visit this resulted in a lot of "line-jockeying" to make sure young children didn't have to sit by themselves in a row with total strangers. Hence, longer wait times.
    Totally agree. The last trip I made out to Orlando we made 3 separate visits to Epcot just to ride TT. It was either malfunctioning or the they had to shut it down due to lightning. FP's were gone very early in the morning and the regular standby line was hours long. We finally gave up riding together and rode in the single rider line. Even that took 45 minutes or so. Funny thing was my wife got in the car ahead of me and I ended up waiting about 20 mins or so for her at the exit. I couldn't understand how they could get lost when the car was on a fixed track. Turns out the car she was in had blown a tire and they took it back stage to fix it. She got to re-ride in a different car. Apparently that's very common considering the number of laps the cars put in every day and the stress the tires are put to with the rapid acceleration and breaking it does.

One other thing about EPCOT, I think both Mission: Space and Test Track are great rides dispite all the problems they've had, but it's a shame they had to take out two very good omnimover rides to put them in. It seems like there's plenty of room for all 4 rides and EPCOT is still certainly in need of more rides.

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by Dustysage
    The queue to Sorin' looks much better than DCA's. If they could just change the film to something that fits EPCOT better, this would be a slam dunk for them.

The over all look of the Land seating areas looks much improved as well. A little more modern without ruining the whole thing.
    I've heard that the film WILL change in 2007 when EPCOT has it's 25th anniversary. Something more global I would assume.

Quote Originally Posted by gl6410
    I was at Epcot in March and got a FP for Test Track with a return time of 11:30. When I came back, the FP return line was an hour and a half wait. What's the point of using it?
    Becuase if the Fp wait when you came back was around 1.5 hours, then the standby wait at theat same insatnt was probably clsoe to 3 or 4 hours.

The problem, with the waittime signs, are that theya re only as accurate as the last known FLICK card, which can sometime be and hour or more old.

Plus at Test Track when the FP line gets that long, which it is hard to do but does happen, when there are severals Zone Stops or ACO's in a row. The standby line will come to a halt, taking no more than 1 party formt eh standby line every 2 loads of the breifing room, till the line is under control.

So there may be a point in time till the Fp line is gone that stanby will not move for 1/2 and hour or more.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123