Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

• MiceAge Columnist
    • MiceAge Founder & Editor

Blog Entries

4/21: Rabbits, Turtles & Cars

Guest columnist Alain Littaye catches you up on Disneyland Paris news and rumors. Discuss it all here!
    "Politics is the profession whereby the inevitable is made to seem a great human achievement" - Quentin Crisp

• Banned User

All the additions are good choices, but too much Pixar

• Just this guy......

It sounds like they have upgraded their plans for the toon studio from the last time we got news about it. the new artwork looks much more promising.

Just a few things to add...

The Little Mermaid Dark ride was originally to go between IASW and Star Tours - this space wasn`t reserved for Toontown. Pizzeria della Notte was originally to neighbour The Beauty and the Beast stage show (the original version, not the MGM version)

20k in TDS is a dark ride where the water isn`t created by lighting effects, it uses dry for wet technology. The lighting just enhances it.

WDSP`s ToT won`t be Twilight Zoned themed - this has been confirmed.

The space in Discoveryland opposite Le Visionarium and the Constellations shop was created for a Verne themed resteraunt, sharing a common kitchen with The Plaza Gardens Resteraunt.

Splash Mountain in a hybrid (even watercoaster) form has been popping up for years. Winter running isn`t considered a problem - just reduce the splash, as they do in Tokyo`s harsh winters.

The space between Indy & The Temple and PotC was the original plot for the original EMV ride, going back to 1989 - way before DLC plans got going for Indy - a Jeep trek through the jungle to make up for Paris` lack of Jungle Cruise. The cost was too much, so the EMV was mothballed until it got upgraded for Indy DLC.

Here`s looking forward to DLP`s 20th birthday!

• Banned User

hmm....I would vote for a original EMV.....

that watercoaster idea......

(alien encounter... hehe)

and hmm.... something for Fantasy land.... (My 10 year plan would rock the park..)

• MiceChat Administrator
    • Man of mystery and

Blog Entries
    Thank you Alain. It will be most interesting to see what they do with Toon Studios.

Since the first picture of it shows the Tuck and Roll Bumper Cars and clovers from DCA and that last picture shows the American SW desert, I would guess that they have simply changed the theme from Bugs to Cars.

They should enclose the Toon Studios like they did with the Mermaid Lagoon in Tokyo.
    Find us on Facebook:

How do you support MiceChat? Join MiceChat GOLD!,

• FastPass n00b

As much as I hate Pixar taking over every Disney park in the world, I do like the Cars-themed attraction and I honestly wish they would replace Disneyland Anaheim's Autopia with it. It would be so cool to have the cars talk to you and have personality and character. The Chevron mascot cars haven't been seen in commercials for years and it really makes the attraction feel old. But this is one of those rare cases where Pixar's films actually fit *seamlessly* within Disneyland. Of course, they couldn't really fit in a Cars overlay on the current Autopia because Tomorrowland is already evolving into Pixarland as it is. But if TDA were smart, they'd drop the Nemo theme on the subs (Nemo has nothing to do with Tomorrowland anyway, I'm thinking they'll switch the Subs over to Fantasyland?), and then use Cars to retheme the Autopia.

• Sock Puppet

Dlp

Ok the thing is, Pixar is most likely popular in DLP I say do anything to gt more people over to DLP Get more publicity

• A Mighty Eye

It's sad to see so much Pixar in the parks, but that's where the majority of Disney's good (and profitable) ideas have come from in the last decade. Commercial flops and underperformers have pretty much sealed the deal for adding Pixar properties to the parks. The only exception to this rule that I can think of is Stich, which, while being a good movie, it didn't pull in nearly the ammount the Pixar movies have. What's a shame is, periods when Disney's own offerings were dull in year's past, Imagineering offered it's own unique properties (Country Bears, Figment, America Sings, Captian EO, etc). Right now, they're not really doing that.

I think a few of his observations are a little hopeful. The cars attraction are clearly bumber cars and the nemo ride is a spinning Mad mouse coaster. These plans were announced a while back except they had Tuck and roll buggies instead of the cars bumber cars.

• ...or just Tonny

Some things I would argue against:
    -The writer has high hopes of the “Cars” ride at the Studios. To me it looks like a standard bumper car really…
    -I really like Animagique, so please let it stay! It’s one of the 3 good attractions at the studios. Please remove Cinemagique instead.
    -Why would anyone need to introduce the “logs floating down a river” concept in Europe for Splash Mountain? There are dozens flume ride like it already!

And I don't mind Pixar in the Studios, I do mind them in Disneyland and my beloved Discoveryland!!!

Hello, Alain Littaye, here

i'll like to take a minute to answer to some of your comments:
    let's begin by MARNI1971 : Sorry, Marni, but you're nearly all wrong:
    1) the location for the little mermaid ride was NEVER kept between it's a small world and Star Tours. The right supposed location was in front of Pizzeria della notte, and the beauty and the beast attraction would have been in a location behind the cinderella restaurant, in this area. AND the "reserved" toon town location , since, at least, 1994 , IS between IASW and star tours, believe me, there is no doubt about that.
    2) about 20000 leagues at TDS, there is of course absolutely no water outside of the little submarine vehicles , the "dry for wet" effect is precisely done with lighting, dark light, smoke and special effects
    3) tower of terror WILL BE themed on twilight zone series. Nothing else has been confirmed, and believe me, my sources are good one.
    4) the space in front of the constellations shop may have been considered for a verne restaurant before the park open, but in 1994, this location was supposed to welcome later the alien encounter attraction
    5) the space between indiana jones and pirates was indeed kept for indiana jones aventure from the moment they built the temple of péril. Since, other projects has been considered for this area; and believe me, it has nothing to see with another EMV ride

O-Kay, Let's answer to Imagineer 1985, now, and to all of you who think that the "cars" attraction will be "bumper cars".
    Now, let's just think one minute, being in the head of the DLP CEO. What's his goal, here ? To bring back more people in the parks, okay? So, what will YOU do for this, if you had to choose? Spend your money in "bumper cars" and an old ride system like the mad mouse coasters?
    Now, i can tell you, as my infos are from the "horse's mouth" that Nemo will NOT be a mad mouse coaster or a roller coaster. you 'll probably have a drop or two, but you really can expect an "e-ticket" or at least, a very good "d-ticket". As for cars, i may be wrong with my GPS speculations,but no bumper cars for the studios, that's sure......except if they want to suicide themselves. Can you imagine just one minute the press articles all over europe if they do a bumper cars attraction? it would destroy all their marketing efforts.

The last one is for THRILLER ( or just Tony) : dear Tony, i'm sorry, but i would never sacrify cinemagique, probably the attraction in the park done with the more subtlty, intelligence, humor, etc...a little bit more of in-theatre special effects would have been probably even better, but the movie is a sensitive tribute to cinema history.
    And, indeed, why explain the "log who go down the river" to the guests in 2005?. But when the park was conceived by the imagineers 20 years ago, it was different, flume ride were not all over europe as they are know, and the explanation of the logs , back in the end of the 80's, just make sense.
    TTFN
    Last edited by loaloa; 04-22-2005 at 02:51 AM.

• Just this guy......

Quote Originally Posted by Dustysage
    They should enclose the Toon Studios like they did with the Mermaid Lagoon in Tokyo.
    So much of the park is already indoors. I know that the weather can get bad, but souldn't some of the park be outside?

How interesting. The Nemo ride sounds really cool...I'm jealous.

Quote Originally Posted by loaloa
    Hello, Alain Littaye, here

O-Kay, Let's answer to Imagineer 1985, now, and to all of you who think that the "cars" attraction will be "bumper cars".
    Now, let's just think one minute, being in the head of the DLP CEO. What's his goal, here ? To bring back more people in the parks, okay? So, what will YOU do for this, if you had to choose? Spend your money in "bumper cars" and an old ride system like the mad mouse coasters?
    Now, i can tell you, as my infos are from the "horse's mouth" that Nemo will NOT be a mad mouse coaster or a roller coaster. you 'll probably have a drop or two, but you really can expect an "e-ticket" or at least, a very good "d-ticket". As for cars, i may be wrong with my GPS speculations,but no bumper cars for the studios, that's sure......except if they want to suicide themselves. Can you imagine just one minute the press articles all over europe if they do a bumper cars attraction? it would destroy all their marketing efforts.
    I dunno we've heard from numerous sources that they would be putting in bumper cars (technicaly they are a bit different from regular bumper cars because they arn't powered from the ceiling)

I don't think Aquatopia/Pooh's Hunny Hunt runs off of GPS that would be way to impracticaly (GPS stands for global positioning satalite or something like that) they might run of of another form of tracking but I doubt it involves satilites or global anything, most likly just several different tracking senosors and devices local to the area it's used and the cars are controled remotly (much more practical then space, your following the cars in a small area they won't be driving em away from the park)

from what I understand toon studios is just supposed to up the ride count, so it might have a bunch of filler and one decent darkride (ToT will top it off, so this stratagy will be similar to DCA adding a bugs land and then putting in ToT)

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast