• MiceAge Columnist
    • MiceAge Founder & Editor

Blog Entries

7/14: Concept to Reality, Part II

Guest columnist Alain Littaye compares Walt Disney Studios Paris park WDI renderings to the real thing in the conclusion of this article. Discuss it all here!
    "Politics is the profession whereby the inevitable is made to seem a great human achievement" - Quentin Crisp

• Iron-Clad Allie

Re: 7/14: Concept to Reality, Part II

Hi there Alain. Whether it's concpt artwork or actual photos of Walt Disney studios, I can't get enough of this gorgeous park. The set of illustrations for Rock 'n Rollercoaster were my favorites. Fast and vibrant is what that ride's all about. Hope you will do an update on Toon Studios soon.
    Last edited by Ride Warrior; 07-14-2006 at 06:57 AM.
    To Boldly Go Where No MiceChatter Has Gone Before!

• Fastpass Hater

I love that prop department restaurant and the diner!

• We're number one!

It's funny the prop restaurant reminds me a lot of the restaurant that is located next to Star Tours at MGM. Also the art-deco restaurant "Rendezvous des Stars" reminds me of the main cafeteria/break room for the MGM cast members.

• Diamond In The Rough

Great to see the concept art, but it's worth pointing out that the RnR pre-show if different from the MGM one. It has a some nonsense about testing out a new ride for Aerosmith (you can see the coaster model that Steven Tyler plays with in the photo).
    It doesn't make a lot of sense, and is far weaker than Orlando's.

As for Armageddon, it's not as exciting as it looks (though I do enjoy it), it just needs a serious re-do of the pre-show.
    And not even CyberSpace Mountain makes the TV Production tour worth taking...

The DinoTopia set of the Backlot tour is disappointing, but the "Reign Of Fire" London set is pretty impressive.

Keep those updates coming as ToT and Toon Studios take shape!

"I'm gettin' kind of fond of you, kid.
    Not that I want to pick out curtains or anything."

Quote Originally Posted by PeaJay18
    Great to see the concept art, but it's worth pointing out that the RnR pre-show if different from the MGM one. It has a some nonsense about testing out a new ride for Aerosmith (you can see the coaster model that Steven Tyler plays with in the photo).
    It doesn't make a lot of sense, and is far weaker than Orlando's.

As for Armageddon, it's not as exciting as it looks (though I do enjoy it), it just needs a serious re-do of the pre-show.
    And not even CyberSpace Mountain makes the TV Production tour worth taking...

The DinoTopia set of the Backlot tour is disappointing, but the "Reign Of Fire" London set is pretty impressive.

Keep those updates coming as ToT and Toon Studios take shape!
    Although I agree that the London set is beautifal (actually the only beautifal thing in Disney studios in my personal opinion) I'm surprised it's not mentioned that there's absolutely NO dragon. Just a flame that shoots out of a pit with dragon noises. It's pathetic. Was there ever a real animatronic dragon planned for this section that got axed or something? They could still fix it.... it's a shame to waste that beautifal set with a build-up that goes nowhere.

Quote Originally Posted by kayoss
    I'm surprised it's not mentioned that there's absolutely NO dragon.
    That's exactly what I was thinking! It's not accurate to say there is a fire-breathing dragon; there is a jet of fire and you are supposed to pretend there's a really cool dragon just out of sight. (Is this attraction sponsored by Bic lighters?)