Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• MiceAge Columnist
    • MiceAge Founder & Editor

Blog Entries

8/15: Futuroscope

Guest columnist Alain Littaye offers a photo tour of a unique French theme park. Discuss it here!
    "Politics is the profession whereby the inevitable is made to seem a great human achievement" - Quentin Crisp

Re: 8/15: Futuroscope

I was there a few years ago and it was fun. They had some pretty neat technology and the park itself is beautiful.

The problem I had with it is like the same problem that all movie attractions at WDW have - no much revisit value. Having said this, I will encourage people to visit if they happen to be in the area. Well worth a day's visit.

• MiceChat Administrator
    • Man of mystery and

Blog Entries

The park looks beautiful. Thank you for the details, I'd really like to see it for myself some day.
    Find us on Facebook:

How do you support MiceChat? Join MiceChat GOLD!,

• Former Epcot CM

I'm gobsmacked.
    That park is amazing.
    BACKPACKING REALNESS

DISNEY TRIPS
    October 2000 - Walt Disney World Resort
    October 2001 - Walt Disney World Resort
    April 2002 - Disneyland Resort Paris
    October 2003 - Walt Disney World Resort
    October 2004 - Walt Disney World Resort
    October 2005 - Walt Disney World Resort
    October 2007 - Walt Disney World Resort
    December 2008 - Walt Disney World Resort
    July 2009 - Disneyland Resort Paris
    July 2011 - Disneyland Resort California
    July 2012-13 - UK Cultural Representative Cast Member at Epcot
    February 2013 - Disneyland Resort California
    February 2013 -Tokyo Disney Resort

(VERY OLD!)
    TRIP REPORTS

• Hopper's Mortal Enemy

Cool Re: 8/15: Futuroscope

There is a show about Imax I saw a few weeks back on one of the Discovery digital channels that had some footage of the Magic Carpet. Looks truly amazing. We're planning to go to Erope next year, and this is awfully tempting, but there are so many other things in Paris as well. Anyone know how long the drive is from Brussels? Maybe we'll have the BiL drive when we visit his family. Losing a Brussells day would be easier than losing one in Paris.

Cheers.
    Remember
    What the dormouse said
    Feed your head!

You've read it; you can't unread it!

• Iron-Clad Allie

Futurescope offers one steady onslaught of advanced technological rides. Most intriguing of all is the simulator theater...featuring a screen that exists below guests, as well as one in front and one behind. I'm sure that Disney will be spurred to come up with new attractions based on competing technologies.

Thanks Alain, for a most enjoyable read. The photos and maps were cool as well. How close to DLP is this park?
    Last edited by Ride Warrior; 08-15-2006 at 02:37 PM.
    To Boldly Go Where No MiceChatter Has Gone Before!

• Plastic Monkey

i went a few years ago, the park is stunning and the architecture is mind blowing, but some of the films are a let down.

its biggest problem is the language barrier, the radio headphones we were given didnt work well and we needed to change batteries repeatedly.
    We Play Rock and Roll

• The one, the only...

I could not help but feel that this park is really what Epcot Future World SHOULD be. I think that the innovations sound really interesting.

One thing I wonder about... I have always heard that the French like taking all of August off as a vacation. I assume that August is one jammed at all theme parks but the rest of the year is rather light. I know that the winter months are colder there than at other Disney locations. Does a park like Futurescope just close for the winter, or does it open year round?
    Jiminy Cricket Fan

Love Disneyland and Walt Disney World!

• Banned User

"Race For Atlantis" is an astounding, lightning-quick 3-D race into the mythical city. Take the controls of your shaky chariot and charge headlong to the aid of Atlantis. Powerful hydraulic jacks operated by computers activate the platforms. Images are projected onto a giant dome-shaped screen. The 3-D effect is reproduced by means of liquid crystal glasses and the sound field is strengthened by individual audio systems... to put you in the heart of the action.
    Hmm.. this attraction sounds firmilliar.. only more enhanced from the old Cesar palace attraction that was removed recently...

the park looks beautiful, and great!

Journey Into Darkness sounds a lot like the Tactile Dome located inside the Exploratorium in San Fran....I have been through the Tactile Dome, and it is quite an experience!

Quote Originally Posted by Ride Warrior
    Futurescope offers one steady onslaught of advanced technological rides. Most intriguing of all is the simulator theater...featuring a screen that exists below guests, as well as one in front and one behind. I'm sure that Disney will be spurred to come up with new attractions based on competing technologies.

Thanks Alain, for a most enjoyable read. The photos and maps were cool as well. How close to DLP is this park?
    Hello, Alain Littaye, here. The park is at one and a half hour by train from paris, and 3 hours from brussels. Glad you all enjoy this article, thanks!

• Senior Minion

Thanks for the update. I remember seeing the first buildings during the opening prologue race of the Tour De France. Might have been the last Tour Greg Lemond had won.(1990?) But the one thing that amazed me was the architecture. Truly wonderous, and I hope to see it again.
    1st Amendment-Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.

• Defying Gravity

I visited the park in 96, and your great Photo tour really made me want to go back.
    You say Im a bitch like its a bad thing.

London BABY!!

• Riding Big Thunder

I'm a huge francophile and visit France frequently, yet have never been to this park- it looks amazing. I will have to visit during my next visit. Merci Alain pour cet article excellent!
    Walt Disney World Trips: October 95, August 98, October 04

Disneyland Paris Trips: Too many to name!

• DisneySea Dreamin'

About those robotic arms: coul the WDI future attraction alluded to be the Incredibles-themed robotic arm coaster? If so, Roller Coaster Tycoon 3 fans (like myself) are psyched, because there is such oaster available to build in that game. I've even "ridden" it -- the coolest feature of this game IMHO. For non-RTC3 fans, imagine the arms in the photos attached to a coaster track that rises, dips and twists while the robotic arms rotate and your seat pivots 360. It will be awesome! This coaster probably exists in some amusement park somewhere in the world (perhaps someone can let us all know where) but I doubt it exists with the kind of storyline and themeing WDI is justly famous for..

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast