Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

• just the beernecessities

Re: 8/22: The Party's Over

I would bet that now that the 50th is over they can better focus on employee retention, fix up the break areas, etc. and basically reinvest in the most valuable asset. I used to own a restaurant where I used the inverted pyramid approach, the idea that I held everyone else up, not the other way around. At our 3 year anniversary I retained 85% of my original crew, essentially from demonstrating on a regular basis that I cared about my employees, their families, their new apartment, their cat or whatever else contributes to make us all human and remembering that everyone has bills to pay. DL used to be a place where people really liked to work, people would be there for years and years, and were proud to be a CM. There is no reason that cannot be the same again.
    Last edited by HeyBaloo; 08-22-2006 at 01:10 PM.

• I'm your huckleberry.

Quote Originally Posted by Monorail Man
    With Vista coming out at the beginning of the year, it sounds like excellent timing. I figure that MS will really want to show off their whole eHome (Media Center Next) projects, with a few Live services thrown in for good measure. Should be an interesting partnership and display, and I'm looking forward to it.
    Ohhh, I forgot about eHome... now I'm even more interested in this development! I have a feeling Innoventions will benefit greatly from this partnership!

I'm also extremely excited about the HalloweenTime project. Fall is my favorite season, and there is just so much Disney could do to Autumn up the Park!

Quote Originally Posted by Senator David Wu (D-OR)
    Don't let faux-klingons send real Americans to war!

Quote Originally Posted by TheHousingBubbleBlog
    Everyone says that the U.S. doesn’t make anything anymore, but that’s not exactly true. We’re the world leader in the manufacturing of bull****.

• Rock Star Minion

Quote Originally Posted by Hyperbole
    I'm a little nervous about how Al has portrayed Ed Grier as a Rasulo yes man. I'm still not sure if Rasulo is good or bad for the Resort. Time will tell, and I'm keeping my fingers crossed!

Now someone get cracking on fixing up the costuming around that place!!!!
    Here's what I'm reading:
    1. Rasulo wants to cut costs by making the resorts more the same, using the same (and cheap) uniforms across all resorts (as an example).
    2. Lasseter wants DL to have unique (and lavish) costuming (as an example).

I am going to run with the theory that Rasulo is bad for all the resorts until otherwise convinced.
    "Here You Leave the World of California Today and Enter the World of, um, er, California Today."

• I'm your huckleberry.

Quote Originally Posted by sediment
    Here's what I'm reading:
    1. Rasulo wants to cut costs by making the resorts more the same, using the same (and cheap) uniforms across all resorts (as an example).
    2. Lasseter wants DL to have unique (and lavish) costuming (as an example).

I am going to run with the theory that Rasulo is bad for all the resorts until otherwise convinced.
    I hear ya sediment. I'm just desperately trying to find the silver lining in Matt's departure.

Everyone says that the U.S. doesn’t make anything anymore, but that’s not exactly true. We’re the world leader in the manufacturing of bull****.

• Genteel Amphibian

Great update!

I was thinking that no matter what your opinion of Microsoft is what they do with inoventions couldn’t be any worse than its current state. In fact I could see it being a great improvement; Microsoft is doing a lot these days to improve their image.

The tiki uniforms look like the need some form of Bermuda-short to accompany the new shirts they got… maybe not that short but that style.

I really hope the sub operators get a cool uniform like the ones described and not another generic jumpsuit.

And as far as CM not being retained I feel bad for them, they do not get paid fairly for the amount of work and responsibility they carry, and are required to “act” on top of it, I’m a shipping clerk and I get paid more than most low end CM.

• Rock Star Minion

I hear ya sediment. I'm just desperately trying to find the silver lining in Matt's departure.
    Stop looking. It was a fun almost-three years, but Rasulo apparently could not be worked for.
    "Here You Leave the World of California Today and Enter the World of, um, er, California Today."

Thanks, Al. You always give me lots to think about.

• Animatronic

While Al's update seems somewhat opinionated, I find it hard to believe anyone, especially those making the decisions at Disney, could have a different opinion.

Disneyland is making money. Plus it. Plus it. Plus it. Keep the money rolling in. And stop already with the kid only stuff!

I think it's funny that Microsoft is taking up the first floor of Innoventions even after Steve Jobs became the majority share holder. I'd expect Apple to put something there before Microsoft would.

• The one, the only...

Great Update, Al! Thanks for all the insights.

I think that the scariest notion that the update proposes is that ONE man is going to try to run all North American parks! Personally, I think that WDW would be a hand full for one individual, but to try run all the parks is just crazy. Even "dictating" orders to surrogates how the parks should be run is scary! I am not even sure that Rasulo has even VISITED Disneyland, and if he has it was probably as a manager and not as a guest. I am sure that he is more making he decisions on the basis of graphs on paper than knowledge of Disneyland and the people who visit and work there.
    Jiminy Cricket Fan

Love Disneyland and Walt Disney World!

• Senior Minion

Microsoft?? I thought this was an Apple company.?? Kidding aside, I realize that most people are familiar with Microsoft/PC setup systems, but with some of the new compatibilites I thought that there would be something from Apple.

And Al thanks for acknowledging all the costume issues. The last time I saw a Disneyland Security person with a dress tie, was in DCA a couple of weeks ago. There are some that do and some that don't I have noticed. The shoes also can be an ugly side.While tennis shoes with that uniform seems odd but when it comes down to a medical condition or comfort, then that is to be understood.

Great update Al.
    1st Amendment-Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.

I live 2 miles away from Disneyland if Walt would've built it at Riverside and Buena Vista.

Super cool awesome update. Thanks!

From page one of the update: "the marketing folks are terrified that the winning family for the few lavish prizes they'd like to tout to the media will be a gangster with a shaved head, his common law bride with tattooed-on eyebrows, and their gaggle of thuggish brats in Raiders jerseys."

How typical of you to paint the portrait of a stereotypical Mexican-American "cholo" family. (And now of course you don't mention ethnicity/nationality/race/etc, but, come on, the meaning is clear.)

What about a "punk rocker with a shaved head and Swastika tattoos, his common law bride with tattoos on her lower back and bleached-to-death brittle blonde hair, and their gaggle of dirty brats in Nascar shirts?"

Come on. Just once.

[edited to include intro compliment so people won't think that I don't like Al and his updates)
    Last edited by Saddlesore Swanson; 08-22-2006 at 04:46 PM.

• It's all nonsense

Is there any for sure date of when the castle will go under tarps?

• I'm your huckleberry.

Quote Originally Posted by America Stings
    From page one of the update: "the marketing folks are terrified that the winning family for the few lavish prizes they'd like to tout to the media will be a gangster with a shaved head, his common law bride with tattooed-on eyebrows, and their gaggle of thuggish brats in Raiders jerseys."

How typical of you to paint the portrait of a stereotypical Mexican-American "cholo" family. (And now of course you don't mention ethnicity/nationality/race/etc, but, come on, the meaning is clear.)
    When I read the update, I didn't picture a Hispanic family at all.

I'm thinking your interpretation says less about Al's stereotyping and more about, well, someone elses'.

I live 2 miles away from Disneyland if Walt would've built it at Riverside and Buena Vista.

When I read the update, I didn't picture a Hispanic family at all.

I'm thinking your interpretation says less about Al's stereotyping and more about, well, someone elses'.
    (Sigh)

I'm glad you didn't picture a "Hispanic" family.

And nice try to turn it around on me. But I don't think so.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast