Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast

• MiceAge Columnist
    • MiceAge Founder & Editor

Blog Entries

8/22: The Party's Over

Microsoft Moves In, Year of a Million Churros, What if? Bibbidi Bobbidi Not, Rubber Stamp Man, Last Sub Lagoon Photos, Buh-Bye Bling Bling, More... Discuss it all here!

The Party's Over - Full Story Here
    Last edited by Dustysage; 08-22-2006 at 07:54 AM.
    "Politics is the profession whereby the inevitable is made to seem a great human achievement" - Quentin Crisp

• e komo mai

Re: 8/22: The Party's Over

Cool update, Al.

Too bad about the CM costumes. They look shabby.

• Earth Intruder

Awesome update Al! So funny about the Daddy's Little Princess extravaganza, hopefully we'll actually get.. oh I don't know, a SHOW in the theatre?

One thing I don't remember tho is this quote:
    Quote Originally Posted by Al Lutz
    But if you don't remember who won the free trans-Atlantic Disney Cruise Line voyage in the lavish Walt Disney Suite, you can rest assured the marketing department felt that particular prize winner simply wasn't ready for their TV close-up.
    I don't remember this happening, does anyone rememeber when/what/who this was?
    I am grateful... grapefruit! ~ Bjork (upon winning Best International Female Artist at the BRIT Awards)

Founding Member of the BA!

• Rock Star Minion

I couldn't see any of the pictures.

And, of course, I can't possibly comment on this update until I read the obsessive-compulsive counter-update somewhere.
    "Here You Leave the World of California Today and Enter the World of, um, er, California Today."

• MiceChat Administrator
    • Man of mystery and

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Chernabog
    Awesome update Al! So funny about the Daddy's Little Princess extravaganza, hopefully we'll actually get.. oh I don't know, a SHOW in the theatre?

One thing I don't remember tho is this quote:

I don't remember this happening, does anyone rememeber when/what/who this was?
    It hasn't happened yet. The point being, that if you don't hear about it, after the fact, it will be because of the lack of marketing control of who the winners are.

-Dusty
    Find us on Facebook:

How do you support MiceChat? Join MiceChat GOLD!,

The security guards used to wear ties? Really? I guess I just don't remeber that.

And while I guess kahki has become more comon place these days I just don't see a problem witht the Tiki Room cms wearing it. It works for the Tiki room, and I could have sworn thats what they wore all along.

Then we come to the RR cms rolling up their sleeves and wearing short slevees, isn't there a heat wave going on out there right now? Shouldn't they be allowed to try and keep themeselves somewhat cooler on hot days? Maybe its just me....

I have to admit though I kind of missed these super negative updates of Disneyland. I was starting to think Al was going soft

• Senior Minion

Thanks, Al, for another great update and again, Happy Birthday!

Hmph. Rasulo better start producing better stuff than he has thus far, in the "post-Eisner" period. For this concentration of all parks power in his hands, and the hands of his EVPs, will be a mess to clean up and straighten out if he fails, and has to be moved out.

DLR is not WDW and they are not TDR or DLP or on and on and on. Trying to homogenize them may make some things cheaper, but in the end, you'll lose opportunities.

• Earth Intruder

Quote Originally Posted by Dustysage
    It hasn't happened yet. The point being, that if you don't hear about it, after the fact, it will be because of the lack of marketing control of who the winners are.
    Gotcha. For some reason (a phrase which here means "woke up too damn early and thus brain cells aren't firing correctly") I misread what Al wrote and thought this was in reference to some winner of years past who wasn't all that purdy. Need....more... coffee....
    I am grateful... grapefruit! ~ Bjork (upon winning Best International Female Artist at the BRIT Awards)

Founding Member of the BA!

• What have I done?

LOVE the update and Happy belated Birthday!

I am excited to hear about the new decor going up and that they have bought some from TDL! Sweet!

DisneysPhoto Pass is great we used in WDW... can you believe we forgot a faimly photo when we were there! It was our Epcot photo. We were just a lil disappointed by Epcot and it distracted us I guess!~ LOL

Lets hope Ed doesnt drop the ball!

"This guy!"

• is FIERCE!

Blog Entries

I'm excited about castle swag being auctioned off online! I wonder how much those crowns will sell for.......
    Check out the News Forum for the latest news with a Micechat twist!

Do you MiceChat?
    Help support the site you love:
    -Visit the MiceChat store
    Make a donation with one of the boxes at the bottom of the page

DMCA for life, yo.
    MCDA- Bringin' sexyback, one pound at a time.

• Iron-Clad Allie

Look forward to the sweeping changes Rasulo and Lasseter will bring to Disneyland in the next few year's - in terms of attractions and the overall theming of different areas. When Microsoft's contract is overi, I'm revelling in the fact that the dismantaling of Innoventions may actually occur in a couple of years. To add to the excitement is the possibility of a new show for the rotating building - one that might top America Sings and Carousel of Progress put togerther.

Where uniforms are concerned, I'm fine with the more casual look as long as the CM outfits remain thematic and nice. The Tiki Room tropical shirts and brown pants clash, and make me feel ill just to look at them. Where management is concerned, I've always thought their formal suits looked stuffy - not to mention uncomfortable on hot days.

In order to help draw a distinction between DL personnel and guests, I'll simply dress down more. Perhaps I'll even allow my happy feet to go barefoot.
    Last edited by Ride Warrior; 08-22-2006 at 09:50 AM.
    To Boldly Go Where No MiceChatter Has Gone Before!

• I'm your huckleberry.

I'm very interested to see what MicroSoft can do to the first floor of Innoventions. It is sounding to me a little like a Monsanto House of the Future Revival, which sounds great! Two years of that, regardless how entertaining, will be enough though, so a new show in that building would be a welcome change!

I'm a little nervous about how Al has portrayed Ed Grier as a Rasulo yes man. I'm still not sure if Rasulo is good or bad for the Resort. Time will tell, and I'm keeping my fingers crossed!

Now someone get cracking on fixing up the costuming around that place!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Senator David Wu (D-OR)
    Don't let faux-klingons send real Americans to war!

Quote Originally Posted by TheHousingBubbleBlog
    Everyone says that the U.S. doesn’t make anything anymore, but that’s not exactly true. We’re the world leader in the manufacturing of bull****.

• Man of Logic and Reason

Great update as usual Al. Happy belated Birthday. I for one am already disgusted with the iron hand of Jay Rasulo. He's already begun to suck the life and personality out of the individual parks. I'm afraid he may make too many changes that will find themselves unfixable. To quote a famous movie, "Help me John Lassater, you're my only hope." I putting all my money on Lassater to save Disneyland from being ruined. I get the feeling that with all the changes to the musical groups around the resort and other entertainment which seems to be more and more mechanized and scripted, the management team taking over just doesn't get that Disneyland is different that WDW. You may be able to throw the same show at the people in Florida day in and day out, but most people going to Disneyland are locals who go many times a year. SoCal residents will not stand for the same experience every time they go to Disneyland, we need variety. Enough complaining. I'm excited about the possibility of a new show taking over the black hole that is Innoventions. As for the fact that the Fantasyland theatre is saved, I fear we may find an exact replica of the new Finding Nemo show of at AK taking up residence there. The way Rasulo likes to add the same things to all the parks and reuse ideas, it wouldn't surprise me.

• MiceChat Administrator
    • Following The Optimist

Quote Originally Posted by Hyperbole
    I'm very interested to see what MicroSoft can do to the first floor of Innoventions.
    With Vista coming out at the beginning of the year, it sounds like excellent timing. I figure that MS will really want to show off their whole eHome (Media Center Next) projects, with a few Live services thrown in for good measure. Should be an interesting partnership and display, and I'm looking forward to it.
    -Monorail Man

When I was in high school (long ago in the 80s) Disneyland was "the" place to work. Great pay and a fun place. Sure there were strict dress codes, but you understood why...it kept up the show. A train conductor was not allowed to roll his sleeves up more than half way up his forearm and then ONLY if it got over 90 degrees. And I did refer to a conductor as a "him". Sorry ladies. Please don't be offended but, I still have a hard time seeing women as conductors. Doctors, lawyers,....I'm fine with anything else. I guess if my conductor issue is the extent of my sexism I'm not such a bad guy.

Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast