Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

• Banned User

If Walt were still alive, he might be a senile old man and end up like how Howard Hughes was. Insane in the membrane.

He could probably have built a giant dome over Disneyland and called it Disneydome.

• Old Timer

I think a DisneyDome is a good idea!

As long as its big enough or the largest in the world, and honestly if global warming makes drastic changes even more so soon it may actually become a neccessity!
    Micechat member # 98

TARDIS
    "Time And Relative Dimension In Space."

Quote Originally Posted by Mr D
    I think a DisneyDome is a good idea!

As long as its big enough or the largest in the world, and honestly if global warming makes drastic changes even more so soon it may actually become a neccessity!
    I hope it's not a glass dome o_o what with the burning heat and the frying guests like ants

kinda like I'd perfer Disneyland to build a theme park as a third gate but were they to do a water park indoors with a glass dome or something wouldn't be too bad (it could be kept tropical like year round and the glass would make for a nice heating device and the walls would be the berm keeping out the outside world )

suddenly I see water slides and dence foliage and jungle like atmosphere

Quote Originally Posted by pussnboots
    How did that whole "resort" thing come to be anyway? And by "resort" I mean one destination with several themeparks. I mean, it's a whole new way of looking at a themepark. All three Disney destinations that weren't WDW suddenly "became" resorts around 2001, when the second parks were opened and in the case of DL, Downtown Disney as well. I'm just wondering how that all started, as I'm getting the impression that Walt himself didn't actually intend to have more than one park, yet it's a Disney institution now. And when WDW opened, it didn't have a whole lot more than DL, yet the park was called Magic Kingdom and the whole package was "Walt Disney World".

the resort concept came about whenever it was that somebody decided that they should build another theme park as part of the Walt Disney World package

and of course the idea for building more theme parks around the other Magic Kingdoms came about once people saw them at WDW and thus Disney set itself up with the precident of having multiple theme parks in all of their locations

of course setting precidents is probably one reason DCA was so dissapointing

the way I see it everytime WDW got something that DL didn't then the second gate that was coming was expected to have THAT much more

as far as Disneyland getting Downtown Disney, I believe Paris has it's own Disney Village or somethin like that along with several other themed hotels/shopping locations

and I think Tokyo had some expansion in the hotels but I know they're planning on adding more to their resort (a movie theator and such I believe?)

• DL Fanatic

Sequoia National Park, CA (trying to get to Orange County)

Lightbulb But wait, there's another!

Quote Originally Posted by Indy
    I think it's important to note a ride not mentioned in the article, but which could be the only other E-Ticket to rival Tower in immersion, and that is the Indiana Jones Adventure.

There's another ride with a high immersion factor: Roger Rabbit's Cartoon Spin. The total immersion into the "shady" side of Toontown plus actual glimpses of the ride in motion as well.
    Best interview answer: My biggest weakness is my honesty...I can never remember my lies!

• Vehicle rotating backward

I thought for such an old attraction, the Country Bears show did a decent job at immersion. I don't know if the remaining Orlando show has this, but the waiting room with all the photographs and pictures and even bear-themed variations of Penny Arcade games really helped create the theme.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234