Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

• Merry 2014!

no media coverage here in nv

Quote Originally Posted by HUH?
    I am wondering if anyone knows of any national media attention for Disneyland's 50th. If there is no known national coverage, does anyone know of any local coverage that has been, or will be, put on the web? Or even if it is some how possible to get a copy of the events footage from the local news stations?

I used to live in CA and could have watched some of the local coverage, but now I live in TX and couldn't find any coverage
    been very diappointed. looked and looked for dl coverage here and found nothing locally. saw the showbiz tonight segment on cnn and heard a small segment from npr. other than that nada. but i didn't see the 5-6-7 o'clock news casts. they might have had a blurb. guess i should have tuned in to the late night shows. i watch daily show. maybe ds will have something tonight.
    Sig by Poisonedapples!

• Disney Memory Maker

I know that here in New York, the local ABC news (Eyewitness News) showed this at the end of the news segments. Ironically, all the video was from Disney World, but they did announce that it was Disneyland's 50th.

-Michael
    “You can design and create, and build the most wonderful place in the world. But it takes people to make the dream a reality.” - Walt Disney

• Traveler to the south

Yes, is it possible to get more on Steve Martin, I'm a huge fan and am very excited that he is the Ambassador of the year! I also think Michael Eisner isn't looking so well...maybe he'll go away earlier? :devil: Thanks for all the great pictures,,,excited to go in September!!
    "Remember: when life gives you lemons, just be glad you're not a zebra."
    - Skipper Mike

• Iron-Clad Allie

Quote Originally Posted by Crispy
    I'll just write that I, too, was surprised that nothing was mentioned about the subs. Perhaps management wants to remain non-commital in case the project falls through at a later date.

Are there going to be any announcements or special ceremonies on July 17th? Maybe we'll hear something then?

Cris
    Kelp! I need somebody.
    Kelp! Not just anybody.
    Won't you please, ple-ease kelp me!

Don't you go worring your Crispy little head. The photo of the painted sub wall that Al included in today's update featured an aquatic scene, including seaweed and bubbles. This teaser pretty much verifies that the subs are surfacing, combined with the photos of construction workers hard at it inside the drained lagoon.

In addition, as Al stated, Sue Kruse was invited to scores of official press events. If she is able to prepare and post her report later today, it's possible that she might have heard some sort of announcement or hint about the attraction. If not, there's always Disneyland's actual birthday on July 17th.

Disney would be very shrewd to not "spill all the beans" at once, and to researve a few golden nuggets for later. Perhaps the subs and Rock-It Mountain will be announced at the same time. The sub ride looks to be a given. What remains unclear is the theme. I'm hoping for Nemo, but it may turn out to be Atlantis or something else.
    Last edited by Ride Warrior; 05-06-2005 at 08:51 PM.

• Santa Barbara, CA

Best article you've ever done. That's why I come to this site. And a positive one at that!
    "As usual he's taken over the coolest spot in the house"- Father re: Orville 1963

[FONT=Arial Narrow]

• Minion FOREVER!

A big thanks to all the posters from DL yesterday! (And the pics too).
    Really envious that you got to see it, but really glad that I wasn't in the mass of
    humanity esp. around TL.

As for national media coverage, well, I heard it got a mention w/ all the morning shows
    and of course, ABC broadcast from there. It got a pic in the local paper here (which also
    had a one page spread on what DL means to readers a week ago) and
    I heard the bit on NPR. It's not leading news, but seem to be wide-spread IMHO.

I expect it'll be a mad-house when I go in July for the REAL birthday!

• Minion FOREVER!

Quote Originally Posted by Ride Warrior
    Kelp! I need somebody.
    Kelp! Not just anybody.
    Won't you please, ple-ease kelp me!

Don't you go worring your Krispy little head. The photo of the painted sub wall that Al included in today's update featured an aquatic seen, including seaweed and bubbles. This teaser pretty much verifies that the subs are surfacing, combined with the photos of construction workers hard at it inside the drained lagoon.

In addition, as Al stated, Sue Kruse was invited to scores of official press events. If she is able to prepare and post her report later today, it's possible that she might have heard some sort of announcement or hint about the attraction. If not, there's always Disneyland's actual birthday on July 17th.

Disney would be very shrewd to not "spill all the beans" at once, and to researve a few golden nuggets for later. Perhaps the subs and Rock-It Mountain will be announced at the same time. The sub ride looks to be a given. What remains unclear is the theme. I'm hoping for Nemo, but it may turn out to be Atlantis or something else.

Yup, I think Ride Warrier is right. Subs is definitely getting done.

Also the font of the letters for the construction wall is EXACTLY the
    same as that used for "Finding Nemo". (Actually if you look at the
    aquatic scene, it also looks exactly like it came from the movie as
    well.)

Note that DL likes to announce things in the order that things are likely to be completed.

Right now from the rumors I've heard (and my theory on this), Monsters Inc
    is going to be done first. At a later time, they're going to announce
    Subs and probably w/ Rock It Mountain. Notice that they didn't mention PM
    either which has had a heavy rumor that it was green lighted.

• Disney Memory Maker

Are there going to be any announcements or special ceremonies on July 17th?
    Nothing is official, but here is what could happen.

-Michael
    “You can design and create, and build the most wonderful place in the world. But it takes people to make the dream a reality.” - Walt Disney

Well, here is what went through my head. When the subs closed back in 99, Disney announced that it would be replaced with a new attraction by 2003. A tent was put over one of the subs where testing was done for some in cabin effects. A sign was posted on the tent that read something to the effect of 'Imagineers at Work.' Then, Pressler decided that the project was not worht the investment and ordered for the testing to be stopped. (This is when a group of disgruntled Imagineers secretly placed the Atlantis banner on the tent. The banner was quickly removed when the stunt was discovered. This is also when Tony Baxter proclimed that he would lay in the middle of Harbor Blvd if management closed the subs with no plans for a replacement attraction).

The signs on the wall of the sub lagoon say nothing about a new attraction coming, but simply says "Imagineers at Play." So, I can't help but wonder if management is being cautious not to prematurely announce anything if there is the possibility that the submarine project doesn't go through or is haulted as was the Atlantis project. Of course the other possibility is that the walls of the sub lagoon mention no new attraction so that it can be announced at a later date... to correspond with the opening of Space Mountain, as mentioned above.

I'm holding my breath (no pun intended) until an official announcement is made concerning the subs. At that time, I'll let out a sigh of releif and start making plans to fly from the East over to Disneyland in 2007. :-)
    Cris
    Last edited by Crispy; 05-08-2005 at 12:51 PM.

• Iron-Clad Allie

I'm holding my breath (no pun intended) until an official announcement is made concerning the subs. At that time, I'll let out a sign of releif and start making plans to fly from the East over to Disneyland in 2007. :-)Cris

I'm holding my paddle, my steering wheel and my saftybar (pun intended) until an official announcement occurs regarding Epcot's Brother Bear Raft Ride, as well as the Disney-MGM's version of the Indiana Jones Adventure - and am anxiously awaiting Expedition Everest to open in the next year or two. At that time, I'll let out a squeel of delight and start planning a flight from the West enroute to Walt Disney World in 2007.
    Last edited by Ride Warrior; 05-08-2005 at 07:00 PM.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123