Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

• MiceAge Columnist
    • MiceAge Founder & Editor

Blog Entries

5/7: Launching the 50th (continued)

Part Three - Disneyland Announces Monsters, The Final Ceremony. Discuss it all here!
    "Politics is the profession whereby the inevitable is made to seem a great human achievement" - Quentin Crisp

• Banned User

THANK YOU!!! THANK YOU!!! Awesome reporting job!

• Diamond In The Rough

Another great article!
    The home-coming of the commercial characters is a great idea - make it a regular show!

"I'm gettin' kind of fond of you, kid.
    Not that I want to pick out curtains or anything."

• Yes ... Wicked! ;)

Awesome article ... I feel like I was there now. I wish there were some more pictures of ALL the celebs. on the gold carpet ... anyone know someone who got a pic of EVERYONE who was there??

• Iron-Clad Allie

Sue-perb!

Just a spoonful of - toot toot! - makes the celebration go round - in the most delightful way.

Talk about heart-warming and cool! Thanks for including the dialogue for the segment where Julie Andrews met the Love Bug "Herbie" and other special guests. You did a Sue-perb job. In fact, it was Sue-percalafragilisticexpialadocious, and quite precocious.

The performances by LeAnn Rimes and Christina Aguilara must have made an incredible day even more fantastic. It was fitting that Art Linkletter be honored by allowing him to drive around the park in Walt's favorite Disneyland jalopy. Regular guy, Matt Oimet is to be commended for bringing the spirit of Walt back, through personal example. With this in mind, Remember...Dreams Come True sounds "damn good", sparing no adjectives.

Monsters, Inc: Mike and Sulley To the Rescue is a wordy yet downright fun title for what is sure to be a wonderful ride - especially compared to its Pressler predecessor or "prede-Pressler". Turtle Talk with Crush will likely create many a totaly knarly moment for guests, especially families with kids.

Hopefully. there will be additional ride announcements on July 17th (if not before) - for Nemo Subs, Rock-It Mountain, and possibly even the People Mover 2. Once again, I appreciate you, Sue, for having blown a little pixie dust our way. It was a damn good update. DAMN GOOD! And I mean that.
    Last edited by Ride Warrior; 05-08-2005 at 07:26 PM.

Booing Michael Eisner

Uh, sue is right, there wasn't any booing of Michael. Well there was one boo, and you can guess who it came from... AL LUTZ!!

He wasn't too loud, but he wasn't quiet either - but he was about the only one who did!!

Thomas

• Newbie.

Thanks again for the pics and your personal observations, it really helps us out-of-towners feel like we were there. We're not worthy.
    As nice as the other parks are, we must always remember that it all began at Disneyland. Disneyland should be the crown jewel in the Disney crown.

• FastPass n00b

They should start playing music from Snow White around the castle again. After all, Walt Disney himself once mistook the castle for Snow White's and she has a grotto right next to it. I just love when someone sings "Someday My Prince Will Come" right in front of the castle. "When You Wish Upon A Star" is being beaten to death.

• Padawan

Somewhere in the Outer Rim territories...
    Reading this article makes me want to go "home" even more. If only my husband and I hadn't gotten the crazy idea to finish our backyard this spring! At least we have 18 months to get ourselves back!

It's nice that they're putting a new attraction in the Animation Building. It's my favorite place in DCA, and I think they need to draw more attention to it.
    "...you're going to find that many of the truths we cling to depend greatly on our own point of view." --Obi-Wan Kenobi

Did it to me again

Another wonderful job Sue, I have cried now for the second day in a row thanks to you. You did a great job I felt as though I was there , just a credit to your writing skills.

Great updates, I was originally planning on attending this event but now after seeing and hearing about the lines I sure am glad I stayed home. But it would have been extremely fun to hang out and see the people.

• Disney Freak

Does the Pirade OF Dreams really start with the audio of walt welcoming people. I i'd tear if I herd that at the park
    Alex

"It's kind of fun to do the impossible." Walt Disney

My Flickr: Flickr.com/agoldman
    My Twitter: Twitter.com/al3xg
    My Facebook: Facebook.com/al3xg

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Godwin Glacier, Alaska

Quote Originally Posted by Alex3231
    Does the Pirade OF Dreams really start with the audio of walt welcoming people. I i'd tear if I herd that at the park
    Don't worry... you won't be alone. :o
    "Yesterday, a man walked up to me and said, 'Isn't it a shame that Walt Disney couldn't be here to see this?' and I said, "He did see this, that's why it's here."
    -Art Linkletter July 17, 2005-

When you wish upon a star your dreams come true.

Quote Originally Posted by TDSTOM
    Uh, sue is right, there wasn't any booing of Michael.

Thomas
    I was actually there in the hub and I heard quite a few boos. I was standing in the street directly to the right of the statue next to radio station tents and tv cameras. From where I was there were more boos than applause. But other than that it was the best day at Disneyland I've ever had. And Sue is right on when talking about how great the fireworks are!!

Can't wait

Going next week, your reporting makes the wait unbearable

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast