Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Re: 11/28: Tom, Huck & Jack

I think the answer to the people mover problem is windows. Like the planned Epcot people mover.
    Last edited by TBAAFAN; 11-28-2006 at 09:38 AM.

Have a supercalifragilisticexpialidocious day!

• Minion

This is it - just create a new shell that resembles the film!

http://www.taxi2000.com/

•   
    • Minion

Well, now that the 50th is over, and Roy isn't twacking upper management... It seems like management wants to purposefully lull us to sleap...

In the mean time Tony Baxter wants to give up the whole DCA concept. I can recognise the spirit of why he wants to do it... Has WDI become so intelectually bankrupt that the onlything Disney can obtain from the Disneyland resort is to become a glorified shopping mall with a Hotel attached?

No, DCA needs to be fixed as a gate... BUT to do so and say that it will ever have a comparitable pricing value as Disneyland is fool hearty. The problem with DCA is not Tony Baxter, it was the arrogance of upper managment and the marketing department. They goated Disney's customers into believing they are buying more when they feel like they are buying less.

You can spend 700 million to improve the DCA product, but will it change the opinion of Disney's customers?

I don't think a solution to the DCA problem can be addressed with out taking a look at how it is marketed as a gate. WDI can do just about anything with John Lassiter... But with out a recognition by Marketing and Finance that look to rethink the numbers based on the market's demand - I think Disney is fooling themselves.

Only trouble is, I have no confidence in the Marketing Department to do what it needs to do to save DCA. In order to increase the value of the park you have to decrease it's price.
    Check out my other blog:

• ...is fading out....

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by TBAAFAN View Post
    I think the answer to the people mover problem is windows. Like the planned Epcot people mover.
    Agreed - but my wife and I were thinking a while back that an Incredible's Pod-like idea would be pretty cool - so reading this means someone must've read our minds! HAHA

Excellent idea to add windows OR make a pod. Those tracks can't just sit there and look as they do - looking unused.

• Beach Expert

A beach town that Harbor Blvd was named after

Quote Originally Posted by sediment View Post
    Um, George Lucas characters. I don't think 20th or Paramount were even notified of these attractions.
    I stand corrected. However, I am sure 20th and Paramount were notified, in addition to George Lucas. Otherwise Disney would have been faced with a HUGE lawsuit.

Ok. Let's look at it the other way around. Does one think that if Universal Studios decided to put in a ride based on The Little Mermaid, for example, that Disney would just idly stand by and let them do it?

• Functional & Decorative

RE: the Peoplemover

I think it's all a great idea in concept... but an enclosed pod? Can anyone else imagine the "stoner" possibilites of this? And the poor family that tried to enter one immediately after a stoner exits? "Uh, this pod smells funny..."

Maybe a thin screen (like the DCA Sunwheel cages) instead of a plastic enclosed pod? At least that would allow some ventilation.
    Does anyone even bother with signatures anymore?

• e komo mai

I was thinking about more NC-17 things going on in the pod than people toking on spliffs.

• Rock Star Minion

Quote Originally Posted by DisneyIPresume View Post
    I stand corrected. However, I am sure 20th and Paramount were notified, in addition to George Lucas. Otherwise Disney would have been faced with a HUGE lawsuit.
    Notified, possibly, but not asked permission, as I don't think there are any "used by permission from 20th or Paramount" in the area. Lucas owns those characters.
    Quote Originally Posted by DisneyIPresume View Post
    Ok. Let's look at it the other way around. Does one think that if Universal Studios decided to put in a ride based on The Little Mermaid, for example, that Disney would just idly stand by and let them do it?
    Disney owns their particular Little Mermaid, but the original story is not Disney's. See the movie "Hook," which uses characters from Peter Pan, and Disney has no rights to that, and Disney did not make that movie.
    "Here You Leave the World of California Today and Enter the World of, um, er, California Today."

An interesting column, as always, but stuff like this...

While the Imagineers jokingly refer to the Epcot ride as "Nemo Lite", they've been thrilled to see the new robotics and digital projections working well in the cute little Epcot version
    ...that I used to gloss over have really become annoying. An opportunity to poke fun at any park that's not Disneyland is never passed up. (Disneyland draws criticism as well, but it's always a result of the "buffoons that run the place" rather than an inherent flaw in Disneyland, in stark contrast to how the other parks are discussed.) While it's always fun to compare and contrast the differences in the parks, the bad-faith sniping about which is best creates a lot of ill will in this community.

Besides the quote above being inaccurate (does anyone really think the Imagineers are "joking" about the Epcot ride?), the columns are coming off as propaganda pieces rather than real journalism. To be sure, these columns have never shied from offering an opinion, but it's to the point where I'm finding the writing less credible as a result.

• Rock Star Minion

DCA is likely only an AP Lounge at the moment, and an obligatory half-day out of a 3-day to 5-day passport. (And a forced one-day on a must-use-only-at-DCA two-day pass.)
    Baxter's idea is pretty interesting, IMO. It would provide the price differential that cellarhound wants: it would price the area exactly what the market will bear -- free, plus ride tickets.
    "Here You Leave the World of California Today and Enter the World of, um, er, California Today."

• Just this guy......

Thanks Al for another great report and letting us know what the management of the Disney is thinking.

I do like this draft of TSI much better than the one that was reported a while back. That poor island does need much tender loving care and these proposals I think fit the theme much better and will give the island the fix up that it needs.

While I think that the DCA has some flaws, I don't think that they should throw in the towel.

I think that Tony's idea and turning the DCA into a large shopping mall with a few rides is a cheapskate’s way out and will not add value to the area in the long run.

• Rock Star Minion

Quote Originally Posted by gmaletic View Post
    (Disneyland draws criticism as well, but it's always a result of the "buffoons that run the place" rather than an inherent flaw in Disneyland, in stark contrast to how the other parks are discussed.)
    DL has no flaws that can be fixed. Its one major flaw is a lack of space, which, as I already noted, cannot be fixed.

I am still waiting to see whether Al had ANY fun at WDW, besides the company of friends (which he dan do without traveling 3000 miles).

• I'm not really here

Quote Originally Posted by Gemini Cricket View Post
    If Disney would just cut some of the salaries of its higher ups, they could afford to pay Disney CMs what In-n-Out pays their entry level employees.
    I think they just need to cut some of the higher ups... not just their salaries. There are to many higher ups.

Our revels now are ended. These our actors, As I foretold you, were all spirits and Are melted into air, into thin air: And, like the baseless fabric of this vision, The cloud-capp'd towers, the gorgeous palaces, The solemn temples, the great globe itself, Yea, all which it inherit, shall dissolve And, like this insubstantial pageant faded, Leave not a rack behind. We are such stuff As dreams are made on, and our little life Is rounded with a sleep. mycroft16 on Twitter

Quote Originally Posted by sediment View Post
    DL has no flaws that can be fixed. Its one major flaw is a lack of space, which, as I already noted, cannot be fixed.
    My point wasn't to suggest that Disneyland has "flaws" so much as that there's a subtext in the columns that every non-Disneyland park is irredeemibly flawed and inferior.

• FastPass n00b

Pixarland: Just a few more rides to go!

And Pixar is not Disney. Pixar is an autonomous company which is owned by Disney. It would be like calling Miramax Disney and furthermore Touchtone Pictures is more "Disney" than Pixar.

Let's see, there's only a couple more years until Autopia turns into Cars and then there's still not enough Buzz Lightyear around the resort so they'll have to add him into the remaining non-Pixar rides.

PIXARLAND: Coming to Tomorrowland in 2009/2010

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast