Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

• What have I done?

Are you serious? Are they really making a sequel to Pirates of the Caribean? I mean it was great and all, a second one could be fun. But it seems like all Dsieny does is create sequels!

• It's all nonsense

Quote Originally Posted by PumpkinKing!
    Are you serious? Are they really making a sequel to Pirates of the Caribean? I mean it was great and all, a second one could be fun. But it seems like all Dsieny does is create sequels!
    It's going to be a trilogy, i think it was planned that way wasn't it?

• Differently clued

Quote Originally Posted by The Mad Hatter
    It's going to be a trilogy, i think it was planned that way wasn't it?
    If you guys head over to www.comingsoon.net they have some new info about both movies. They just cast Bootstrap Bill and they also said both movies will come out within 6 months of eachother. That's going to be cool.
    "Do it for me then. Your gaming buddies are going to be there too. It will be good for you kids to go out and blow the stink off yourselves for one night."

"Fine. For you. And for the eradication of stink."

• That's Hawt

Great Pictures! Thanks!

• Social Imagineer

Quote Originally Posted by jsmith157
    If you guys head over to www.comingsoon.net they have some new info about both movies. They just cast Bootstrap Bill and they also said both movies will come out within 6 months of eachother. That's going to be cool.
    Um, yeah, sure. Matrix sequels, anyone?

• I won't grow up!

Quote Originally Posted by innerSpaceman
    Um, yeah, sure. Matrix sequels, anyone?
    I hope they are not THAT bad - put past Disney sequals sujest otherwise...

Working daily to infect my two little princesses with Disney obsession

• e komo mai

I enjoy the many pictures that are posted throughout Al's updates. It makes it fun to scan through while you read.

• Zapp's Minion :D

Thanks for the Great article AL!!

• -Going Retro-

Great update Al! As always, a nice gift to wake up to in the morning I can't wait for Space Mt!!! The last time it was open we came down to DL for a special trip to ride it one more time before it closed. Once we got there it had closed that day! Earlier then scheduled. We were just heartbroken!

• Santa Barbara, CA

Hmmmm. can you say eBay?

Seeing all that SF&D railroad track ripped up can't help but make me think that they be cutting it up and selling pieces of the original track to die hard rail fans.

I wonder if they are relaying the same rail? Hmmmm. anyone know?
    "As usual he's taken over the coolest spot in the house"- Father re: Orville 1963

[FONT=Arial Narrow]

• Senior Minion

Al thanks for the Article and Update & kudos to Josh and David for the photos!!

The Construction on the railroad is extensive, and that MUD will not help progress for the workers.
    Is this the first time they have ripped up the tracks since opening in 1955? I'm sure maintenance was done, but I wasn't sure.
    Anyone know?
    1st Amendment-Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.

• Race Car Driver

Stands in line behind Amber
    Smiles

• I hate Mondays

Great update, Al, thank you!

I am a bit worried about Amber, though.

Universal Update. Why?

Needless to say, I welcome and long for any whispers from Disneyland. That place was in many ways my childhood refuge, my life’s Elysium.

Most here would agree that Walt Disney’s vision and realized creation of Disneyland was an ultimately didactic wonderland for America and its children. Disneyland remains a magnificent and lapidary achievement. Walt’s unrelenting will and energy to sublimely entertain us through his gentle and value-driven films, televison shows and, yes, Disneyland, are things that most of us remain absurdly grateful, whether we realize it or not.

That said, the occasional reports from the Theme Parks of Universal Studios are alternately baffling and irksome. What these flyblown backlots have to do with Disneyland I cannot fathom. Being nothing much more than a solely money-driven marketing arm of a movie studio conglomerate with an eye toward roller coaster sycophants, these Universal “parks” have everything to do with what Walt Disney was not. The studio pie-chart genius who titled “Meet The Fockers,” or the producer who scripted folks to gobble a pig’s anal tract in “Fear Factor”—all mentioned in the Universal update—I suppose are worthy of some sort of praise. I respectfully suggest otherwise.

I suppose it would be also appropriate to mention that Universal Studio Theme Parks produced several anti-Disney Theme Park television and radio ads a few years back. There was a line about ‘getting away from the pixie dust’ (I’m paraphrasing), wink wink.

No thanks Universal. I’ll stick with Walt, Main Street USA and Disneyland. For whatever it’s worth, it’s one of the ways I say ‘Thanks.’

• Tortilla Enthusiast

^ uggg...this is why I'm so happy I'm not a "Disneyland Enthusiast" anymore.

Yes Walt was great.
    Yes the DLR is the best theme park evah.
    And yes there are other parks out there people and they are fun too.

2004 park count: 67
    all different, mostly awesome, some meh

DCA "roller coaster sycophant" Don

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast