Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Re: Electronic Gadgets...and Bob Iger Too: disneytim at the Consumer Electronics Show

Gates, Did show any news on Xbox 360 2.0? I thought that might make an annoucement their.

• MiceChat News Team
    • Thanking the Academy

Blog Entries

Re: Electronic Gadgets...and Bob Iger Too: disneytim at the Consumer Electronics Show

You never know who you're going to run into at CES:

That's me with NBA legend Dominique Wilkins at the Haier booth.

Mad Mike from MTV's "Pimp My Ride" puts in an appearance at the MTX Audio booth:

Other celebs appearing in and around the event included Billy Bob Thornton, Gene Simmons, 3 Doors Down, Al Jarreau, George Benson, Joan Jett and Brian Wilson.

More booths:

Blu-Ray DVD display:

Warner Bros. Home Video, which along with Disney has been a staunch supporter of Blu-Ray technology, announced they will be coming out with multiple-platform hi-definition DVD's that will play on both Blu-Ray and HD-DVD machines. These "Total Hi-Def" (THD) discs should hit stores in the second half of the year. No word yet on titles or pricing.

Intel set up this racing simulator to show off their Core 2 processors:

Microsoft was heavily touting their new Vista operating system, which should be out by the end of the month. Computer retailers are happy. A new Microsoft OS usually means increased sales of new computers.

Coming soon to an Innoventions near you:

A new and improved Asimo takes center stage at Honda. This one can run up to 4 mph.

Tim's 5,000th Post!!!
    On a side note, thank you to everyone here for making MC my home away from the real world for the last year and a half. Lots of love to the Dusty-Fishbulbs, the MiceChat News Team and the drunken crazoids of the DMCA for making me feel welcome and helping me find "my voice." MC has given me the opportunity to meet people, go places and do things that a couple of years ago I wouldn't have thought possible. I can't thank you all enough and I can't wait to see what's happening next.

OK, enough sappy stuff. I still have more CES pictures to post. My computer at home's been temperamental lately (I told you I needed a new one), so keep your fingers crossed and I should have more pics tonight.
    Last edited by disneytim; 01-12-2007 at 01:09 PM.

• Knight of Naughtyness

Quote Originally Posted by disneytim View Post
    Microsoft was heavily touting their new Vista operating system, which should be out by the end of the month. Computer retailers are happy. A new Microsoft OS usually means increased sales of new computers.
    Great pics!

I just wanted to throw out that I have been using Vista on one of my machines since November and I like it! Good stuff.
    -Osky

Quote Originally Posted by sleepyjeff View Post
    Before we totally disregard extremism; lets remember the lesson of the 3 little pigs.

The moderate pig lost his house to the wolf too
    .-- .. .-.. .-.. / .- -. -.-- --- -. . / -... --- - .... . .-. / - --- / - .-. .- -. ... .-.. .- - . / - .... .. ... ..--..

• MiceChat News Team
    • Thanking the Academy

Blog Entries

This was one of my favorite items at CES, a speaker dock for your iPod from EOS Wireless that will transmit to up to 4 wireless satellite speakers. It has a range of 150 feet, so you can place the speakers just about anywhere in the house. The sound is surprisingly clear for wireless audio and the 2.1 speakers have some punch to them. The rep for EOS acknowledged that there was some sound distortion at high volume, but they expected to have the problem remedied by the time it releases.

The speaker system will retail for $299 and will include the base unit plus one wireless stereo speaker. Additional wireless speakers will cost $129. Look for it at Sharper Image in April and major retailers by summer.

No Consumer Electronics Show would be complete without a lot of tricked-out cars with high-end audio and video components and, of course, lots of beautiful women to show them off. So, if you will indulge me . . .

Wow, talk about a low rider.

Nothing says "highway safety" like an in-dash DVD player.

HOLY REPRODUCTIONS BATMAN!!! It's the Batmobile!

And that's all folks!

Visiting CES is like your first trip to Disneyland or Walt Disney World. There's so much to see and do, it can be quite overwhelming. Just give yourself a few days to wander, though, and you'll be fine. And whatever you do, wear comfortable shoes!

CES returns to Las Vegas January 7-10, 2008. I'll be back. Count on it.

• MiceChat News Team
    • Thanking the Academy

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Monkey joe View Post
    Gates, Did show any news on Xbox 360 2.0? I thought that might make an annoucement their.
    He talked about it during his keynote. Mostly current features and gameplay, but he did discuss an IPTV component due late this year.

The complete video of Gates's keynote is on Microsoft's website here. The full transcript is here.

• Still wants to be a cat!

WOW....nice staying on top of things! Thanks DT!
    Mom, remember, it's not what a person is like on the outside that counts,
    it's what they are like in their HEART!

- Wolfette

• Senior Minion

Great job Disneytim, nice report!

You would think this was the "Silicon" Valley convention?
    1st Amendment-Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.

• Adventure has a new name!

Hi disneytim, I watch the interview that you taped at CES. Disney looks like it has some good stuff for us coming up. I was wondering, and if you said this already, I didn't know, but did you tape the scene (clip) that Jerry B. showed for Pirates of the Caribbean: At Worlds End? If you don't want to say it on this thread, then please feel free to send me a private message. I was just wondering about that.

~Indiana John

Ride lines, why did it have to be ride lines!!!

Hey, Disneytim !!!

I truly do hate to be such a pest to you, especially after you so kindly shared such fascinating finds with us from CES, and I really do hope that you may be able to forgive me, but, if at all possible, may you PLEASE, please share with us even, at least, the smallest bit of a further description of the AWE footage that you saw?

You have no idea how truly greatful I would be!

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234