Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by Circarama
    I believe there were a lot of problems with cracks in the track due to metal fatigue, and it was getting too expensive to locate and repair cracks everytime the pressure alarms went off.
    Well, in addition, this is a track that was really designed before the major advances in computer-assisted engineering. So, repair issues aside, it is possible now to make the track much smoother. That's always a plus.

Also... is this the Space Mountain that got the new inboard speaker systems that ended up redistributing vehicle weight?
    See, George Lucas? I'm not the only one! [<-- i.e. this is not my site]
    78 Reasons To Hate Star Wars Episode 1

"There are fashions in reading, even in thinking. You don't have to follow them unless you want to."

"A lot of young people think the future is closed to them, that everything has been done. This is not so. There are still plenty of avenues to be explored."

-- Walt Disney

• Mentat

Quote Originally Posted by Mousing Around
    THEY CANNOT THINK OF ANYTHING FOR THE OFFICIAL ANNIVERSARY DATE???????? (besides cupcakes)

YOU
    HAVE
    GOT
    TO
    BE
    J O K I N G!!!!!!!!!

Don't they have ANYONE creative at Disney anymore??????????

Cupcakes.....this is incredible
    Ummmm, so I take it you have the answer then?

Quote Originally Posted by cbkonczak
    Ummmm, so I take it you have the answer then?
    My answer isn't necessary. I'm not paid to come up with this for them: they hav paid, full time IMAGINEERS and creative staff at Disney for this.

C'mon, really: CUPCAKES.....sure;y you aren't defending this splurge of imagination?

• Mentat

Quote Originally Posted by Mousing Around
    My answer isn't necessary. I'm not paid to come up with this for them: they hav paid, full time IMAGINEERS and creative staff at Disney for this.

C'mon, really: CUPCAKES.....sure;y you aren't defending this splurge of imagination?
    I'm just saying that if you are a true fan-- which I assume you are...Then YOU should have an idea of what should happen. No offense, please. Surely you have some insight?

Quote Originally Posted by cbkonczak
    I'm just saying that if you are a true fan-- which I assume you are...Then YOU should have an idea of what should happen. No offense, please. Surely you have some insight?
    Golden tickets should be given out along with the cupcakes for the golden anniversary. And then at the end of the day you learn you golden ticket is for a free rafle. The winner gets a lifetime pass. (Or even just win a dinner in club 33 and a weekend in the nicest room the GC Hotel has) Along with Roy Disney reading the dedication speech that day where Walt read it. (That would be cool day)

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by DBFan117
    Golden tickets should be given out along with the cupcakes for the golden anniversary. And then at the end of the day you learn you golden ticket is for a free rafle. The winner gets a lifetime pass. (Or even just win a dinner in club 33 and a weekend in the nicest room the GC Hotel has) Along with Roy Disney reading the dedication speech that day where Walt read it. (That would be cool day)
    Hey, you might have an interesting idea there... Here's how I would play with the concept. Autopia is a Day One attraction, and has FastPass, but doesn't really need it. So, for the anniversary, have it print out the Golden Tickets. Instead of a raffle, there is either an instant prize (say, a retro, golden Autopia car), or a message to try the other participating FP machines. And if you collect tickets from all participating FP machines, you can take your tickets to, say, the Emporium, have each ticket stamped with a special anniversary stamp (makes it more collectible, AND prevents reuse of tickets) and receive a special Anniversary pin.
    See, George Lucas? I'm not the only one! [<-- i.e. this is not my site]
    78 Reasons To Hate Star Wars Episode 1

"There are fashions in reading, even in thinking. You don't have to follow them unless you want to."

"A lot of young people think the future is closed to them, that everything has been done. This is not so. There are still plenty of avenues to be explored."

-- Walt Disney

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345