Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

• MiceAge Columnist
    • Dateline Disneylander

Re: New Disney.com Launches - MiceChat News Team, 2/6/07

Quote Originally Posted by Monorail Man View Post
    And it still fails W3C validation.
    What about MiceChat?

But seriously, I dont think any site passes that validation. Apple, Disney, MySpace (duh), LiveJournal, NBC, CBS, ABC, CNN, Microsoft, GoDaddy, BestBuy... Heck, even the White House failed.
    Last edited by MasterGracey; 02-08-2007 at 01:56 AM.

• MiceChat Administrator
    • Following The Optimist

Quote Originally Posted by MasterGracey View Post
    Good point (I knew someone was going to do that!). Which is exactly why the new skin will fully be W3C compliant.

It's not that I like standards, it's just the 'Web 2.0' thing to do.

I agree, that if it looks like a duck, and acts like a duck, but you don't nestle the </ducking></duck> tags correctly, W3C doesn't see a duck.
    Last edited by Monorail Man; 02-08-2007 at 02:34 AM.

• MiceChat Administrator
    • Following The Optimist

Oh, and there's some bad scrolling coding as well. In certain areas, your Scroll wheel lacks any function, and only works if you hover over stuff that's HTML rendered. There's some pages that still have the "Disney Online" branding with the wrong navbits. I understand that it's difficult to launch such a giant site at once, but it should have been much more dynamic.

Personal Gripes: Too many videos and intros. Please, I am allready at the site. As for the videos, there on too many sub-pages, and do not really enhance the content at all. Plus, all the noise everywhere. There's no 'master switch' for the audio, so some pages keep your selection of no-audio, and some don't.

On a 1 to 10 scale (where 1 is DCA, and 10 is TDS), I'd give it about a 7.

• MiceAge Columnist
    • Dateline Disneylander

So I was playing around with the new Disney.com... made my Disney XD page, and played some trivia games and whatnot...

All-in-all, its very fun. I don't understand what the real point of Disney XD is. I couldn't figure out how to truly customize anything other than my user icon - and I thought that you were going to be able to make your own Disney page that your friends could visit. I know there's still a lot of stuff under construction, but its all so busy for me, I just lost interest.

Now, what is interesting, was the "channels" - I checked out the Pirates of the Caribbean channel, Disney Parks channel, and Disney Parks Thrills channel and I love them. I hope they expand on the Disney Parks channels more - but the trivia games are fun, and the word scramble game is fun, and at times pretty challenging (at least for me).

I had a blast earlier rackin up my D-Points - I earned something like 1275 D-Points! Now, I just gotta figure out what the point of these points are! haha

I don't think I'll be spending too much time on the new Disney.com though - as it stands, my parents are still living in the dark ages of the Internet, and we only have dial-up at home. So I only have highspeed when I take my laptop to my friends' house, brother's house or to a library or something. But, still.. nice new website. Really interesting, the graphics are amazing and incredibly nicely done, and the mini games like the Disney theme park trivia is fun fun stuff!

Nice job, Disney.

Hi, can anyone explain how to get in the website with firefox or ie? I live in Canada so i cant get in normally.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12