Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

• Waiting for the stork

Re: A Conversation with Disney Animator Dave Bossert - MiceChat News Team, 2/9/07

Wow, Tim, that was an excellent interview. Very cool.

procrastibating

• e komo mai

Re: A Conversation with Disney Animator Dave Bossert - MiceChat News Team, 2/9/07

Terrific interview.
    Interesting news about the Mexican pavilion at Epcot.

Question: Was the interview in person, on the phone, Yahoo IM? Just curious.

• MiceChat News Team
    • Thanking the Academy

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Gemini Cricket View Post
    Question: Was the interview in person, on the phone, Yahoo IM? Just curious.

It was by phone. It was set up through one of the PR firms that works for Disney.

BTW, thank you everyone for your kind comments.

• MiceChat Senior Moderator
    • Always watching...

Great interview Tim! It was interesting to hear how the old techniques for animation were done compared to now. One of my favorite parts was this paragraph:

I think in some sense, over the past five or six years, there were a lot of people who thought audiences didnít want to see 2D. They only wanted to see CG. But really, the fact of the matter is that audiences want to see great stories with endearing characters. I donít think it matters what the technique is. Certainly when the CG films started to appear, they were the new kids on the block. It was sort of the shiny new car that everyone wanted to go ďooohĒ at. I think now thereís such an enormous amount of computer-generated features that people are going to start to say, ďGreat, now I want to get entertained again. Not just by looking at some eye candy, but I want good stories. I want endearing characters.Ē Thatís what ultimately is going to make any film a classic.
    With all the "what's better" discussions, I think it just all comes down to this and I'm happy to hear Mr Bossert say this.

• Pilot EdForceOne

exactly.. this came up in the whole 'whats a classic' and timeless film discussion the other week. The setting and presentation isn't what draws people alone.. its the story and characters.

•   
      MiceChat Moderator
    • with sprinkles, please

Blog Entries

Good questions, DTim, and he sounded like he was a great interview subject. That's so cool!
    A signature should go here.

• MiceChat News Team
    • Thanking the Academy

Blog Entries

UPDATE: The Annie Award winners were announced tonight and Dave Bossert did not take the prize for Winnie the Pooh: Shapes & Sizes. The award for Best Home Entertainment Production went to Bambi II.

Cars won for Best Animated Feature. Complete details are at http://www.micechat.com/forums/showthread.php?t=53805.

• RESCUE RANGERS BIG FAN

MIAMI, FLORIDA ARE PLANNING TO MOVE TO ORLANDO, FLORIDA

good interview Tim! I can't wait to see the new Mexico in Epcot.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12