Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• MiceChat Administrator
    • Man of mystery and

Blog Entries

Post SeaWorld Orlando to build new water park, Aquatica: MiceChat News Team 3/5/07

SeaWorld Orlando to build new water park, Aquatica
    MiceChat News Team, 3/5/07

Set to open in March of 2008, SeaWorld’s new Aquatica promises to be a new breed of water park. Attractions will be familiar to theme park and water park fans: slides, lazy rivers, wave pools. However, the settings and theme will be vastly different. Aquatica will insert the guest into the aquatic world, sending them under the waves themselves to experience marine life along the journey.

SeaWorld states that their signature attraction will plunge riders “in clear tubes through a crystal-blue lagoon with black-and-white Commerson’s dolphins. Guests feel as if they are flying beneath the sea among these beautiful animals.” But this won’t be the only attraction which blends thrills with the sea. The park’s lazy river will take guests on a journey through caves featuring windows to the sea life of the park.

Least they forget that the average tourist will soon grow weary from a day of slipping and sliding under the Florida sun, SeaWorld has planned more than 80,000 square feet of beach for guests to relax and recharge their batteries. If not ground breaking in the attractions themselves, Aquatica promises to deliver striking theming and detail. Complete with South Seas inspired waterfalls, rivers, and lush landscaping, SeaWorld’s new park will be an oasis for animals and humans alike.

All images from the Aquatica web site.
    For more information on Sea World's Aquatica, visit http://www.aquaticabyseaworld.com

Digg it

Last edited by Dustysage; 03-30-2007 at 06:06 PM.
    Find us on Facebook:

How do you support MiceChat? Join MiceChat GOLD!,

• Iron-Clad Allie

Re: SeaWorld Orlando to build new water park, Aquatica: MiceChat News Team

I've been following this story. Watercoasters that actually go underwater will be quite unique...as will the Orca (and who knows wat other aquatic animals) that will swim around and about near you. The innertube-like raft ride thru a tunnel aquarium is awesome, as well.

How wonderful it is to see a park that incorporates into it's rides an interactivity with nature's critters. Thanks for reporting on this, Dusty.
    Last edited by Ride Warrior; 03-06-2007 at 08:29 PM.
    To Boldly Go Where No MiceChatter Has Gone Before!

• MiceChat Administrator
    • Man of mystery and

Blog Entries

I'm really excited about this announcement. Looks like they have a great plan. SeaWorld has shown that they are capable of creating beautiful environments (their Discovery Cove park is fantastic). So I'm hopeful that this new park will be a great diversion for Orlando tourists.
    Find us on Facebook:

• Banned User

come on BEC Team member previews for free or discount!!!

I so cannot wait to see this new park. its a great concept and perfect for the Sea World Orlando property to compete with the mouse.

• Circle of Ancients

Re: SeaWorld Orlando to build new water park, Aquatica: MiceChat News Team 3/5/07

That looks so totally sweet!!!

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by Ride Warrior View Post
    I've been following this story. Watercoasters that actually go underwater will be quite unique...as will the orca (and who knows wat other aquatic animals) that will swim around and about near you. The innertube-like raft ride thru a tunnel aquarium is awesome, as well.

How wonderful it is to see a park that incorporates into it's rides an interactivity with nature's critters. Thanks for reporting on this, Dusty.

Yeah except when the Orca sees all that fresh bait zipping by and finaly goes bezerk, butting the tube until it shatters and people become Orca's afternoon snack!
    Last edited by NickCharles; 03-05-2007 at 09:15 PM. Reason: spelling

• Home Business Owner

Re: SeaWorld Orlando to build new water park, Aquatica: MiceChat News Team 3/5/07

this sounds awesome-WOW! we're going to orlando in 2 weeks, taking our 3 yr old daughter for the first time to see Mickey at Disney- she's thrilled, we can't wait to see her face! Can't wait to see this new Aquatica!!! Thanks for sharing

Quote Originally Posted by Dustysage View Post
    SeaWorld Orlando to build new water park, Aquatica
    MiceChat News Team, 3/5/07

Set to open in March of 2008, SeaWorld’s new Aquatica promises to be a new bread of water park. Attractions will be familiar to theme park and water park fans: slides, lazy rivers, wave pools. However, the settings and theme will be vastly different. Aquatica will insert the guest into the aquatic world, sending them under the waves themselves to experience marine life along the journey.

SeaWorld states that their signature attraction will plunge riders “in clear tubes through a crystal-blue lagoon with black-and-white Commerson’s dolphins. Guests feel as if they are flying beneath the sea among these beautiful animals.” But this won’t be the only attraction which blends thrills with the sea. The park’s lazy river will take guests on a journey through caves featuring windows to the sea life of the park.

Least they forget that the average tourist will soon grow weary from a day of slipping and sliding under the Florida sun, SeaWorld has planned more than 80,000 square feet of beach for guests to relax and recharge their batteries. If not ground breaking in the attractions themselves, Aquatica promises to deliver striking theming and detail. Complete with South Seas inspired waterfalls, rivers, and lush landscaping, SeaWorld’s new park will be an oasis for animals and humans alike.

All images from the Aquatica web site.
    For more information on Sea World's Aquatica, visit http://www.aquaticabyseaworld.com

Unique Photo Gifts- Great holiday ideas-
    Free Shipping
    offers (Photo to throw blanket, Photo to pillow, Photo to tote bag,
    Photo to DVD...)

Outstanding Customer Testimonials!

• Iron-Clad Allie

I'm really excited about this announcement. Looks like they have a great plan. SeaWorld has shown that they are capable of creating beautiful environments (their Discovery Cove park is fantastic). So I'm hopeful that this new park will be a great diversion for Orlando tourists.
    I LOVE Aquatica A-lotica! SeaWorld's enviranments are indeed gorgeous. Again, thanks for the swim.

Quote Originally Posted by sir clinksalot View Post
    That looks so totally sweet!!!
    And to think that it is also sugar free.

Quote Originally Posted by NickCharles View Post
    Yeah except when the Orca sees all that fresh bait zipping by and finaly goes bezerk, butting the tube until it shatters and people become Orca's afternoon snack!
    There goes another vacation down the tube. I thought that Killer whales only ate Navy Seals.

Maybe Flipper will protect us all...unless the our hero has been payed off to look the other way.
    Last edited by Ride Warrior; 03-08-2007 at 03:38 PM.

•   
      MiceChat Senior Moderator
    • Jester of Randomness

Trying to keep it light and fluffy since '05...
    Blog Entries

I'm hoping that maybe someday something like this would end up in Sea World in San Diego!!

Help me get more security in Pingvinivlle! Click here!

Quote Originally Posted by AGhostFromThePast
    all you need to know about the mommy stick is.. out of all the bad things that could happen to you... it's right between wetting yourself and death.

• MiceChat News Team
      MiceChat Round-Up Crew
      MiceChat Administrator
    • MiceChat Contributer

Blog Entries

OMG this place looks amazing
    "All my life I've had one dream, to achieve my many goals.
    Homer Jay Simpson

• Happy Memories

Quote Originally Posted by Ride Warrior View Post
    as will the Orca (and who knows wat other aquatic animals) that will swim around and about near you.
    Those aren't Orca. They're a breed of dolphin. You're gonna have to go to the Shamu show to see Orca.

If this park turns out as amazing as the concept seems to be, I think it's going to be the coolest water park ever. I can't wait to see it!

• MiceChat Administrator
    • Man of mystery and

Blog Entries

They are called "Commerson’s dolphins". They do sort of look like Killer Whales in the picture above, but they are actually very small little dolphin. Very cute. They currently have a Commerson's dolphin tank at the exit of the Atlantis ride in San Diego. It is actually quite fun to just sit there and watch them play.

Find us on Facebook:

• Iron-Clad Allie

They are called "Commerson’s dolphins". They do sort of look like Killer Whales in the picture above, but they are actually very small little dolphin. Very cute. They currently have a Commerson's dolphin tank at the exit of the Atlantis ride in San Diego. It is actually quite fun to just sit there and watch them play.
    Interesting. I'll check the "Killer" Commerson's dolphins out next time that I am at Sea world, San Diego.

• This space for rent

I've been so psyched up for this park since I first heard about the addition of the Commerson's Dolphins a while back. I've hoped we'd get some here since 86 when I first read about them in a Sea World souvenir book. Now if we can get some of the white sided dolphins back from San Antonio I'll be a happy camper.

I'm probably the only person geezky enough to be keeping up with the construction progress of the park. I was quite happy when some of the slide's supports/foundations went up and they already have already started assembling and attaching some of the slides themselves. I can't wait til they start landscaping it, and once they start filling it up I know it's gonna look really neat from the Sky Tower.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast