Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567

• Banned User

Re: 3/27: Super-Mega-Colossal!

Quote Originally Posted by Ward View Post
    Walt's foresight for the Florida resort resulted in massive tracts of undeveloped 'visual perimeter' land,
    ....which the Disney company itself is slowly destroying by building up WDW with hotel after hotel after hotel after trailer park hotels after uneeded Four Seasons hotel after cheesy "Value" resort hotel, after hotel after hotel after Disney's "Wide Waste of Space" after hotel after hotel ad nauseum....

• Rock Star Minion

Quote Originally Posted by WDW1974 View Post
    But I do know how to get things done when it comes to the WDW type exec/managers.

It takes an in-your-face style.

Wishy-washy won't get it done.
    So, you're volunteering for the part of East Coast Al??
    "Here You Leave the World of California Today and Enter the World of, um, er, California Today."

• a wind to shake the stars

I don't hate or love the idea of a super expensive, low capacity park. It could be extremely well done, or it could be poorly done.

I think Dusty is really on to something though. If for some reason you don't like rides with big drops and refuse to ride any of the roller coasters at DL plus Splash Mountain, you could still have a great day at the parks with the other 60+ attractions. On the other hand, if you go to a 'boutique' park with 5 rides and you don't like two of them, well, you're a little out of luck. That's one worry, but again this park is several years away so I'll reserve judgment until there are more details.

I wish there had been more in the article about the boat ride in the lagoon. I always thought a ride could start in the lagoon and float into a show building somewhere, but I guess we'll see. It'll be nice to have some motion in the lagoon, but if it's just a trip around the perimeter of the puddle then it's not going to be a popular ride.

Quote Originally Posted by KevinYee View Post
    Naw, I know better. We're on the same side of the fence here! We may differ about what it takes to "get 'er done" (I can't believe I just said that), but I've always believed that reasonable and intelligent people CAN have differences of opinions and differences of interpretation. No one has to "win." And the other person is not "wrong."
    This is a great quote, it's really rare in my experience for bloggers and other people who write online to be able to take criticism at all, much less this elegantly. Bravo!

• Infinitized!

Is Al planning an April Fool's column this year? I hope so, I missed it last year.

Quote Originally Posted by NickCharles View Post
    I'm very glad that "Disney's America" wasn't built. Poor Concept all the way.
    Really?

Why do you feel that way?

When Disney has ventured into history, it has produced some of its best work.

I could easily argue that the American Adventure is the greatest theme park attraction of all time.

Quote Originally Posted by sediment View Post
    So, you're volunteering for the part of East Coast Al??
    Uhm ... no.

Definitely not.

I may well have a role in WDW's future, but it won't be as an online columnist.

I enjoyed reading how the Red Hot Chili Peppers where worried about losing their "street cred". Oh please, they lost that when they voiced themselves on "The Simpsons" back in 1993 on the episode "Krusty gets Kancelled".

They're not excatly the hip and cutting edge band they once were...lighten up already.

Looking forward to the improvements to Grizzly River Run. No news on the addition of a Grizzly River Railroad? My kids got excited when I told them that the old mine train through Nature's Wonderland might come back.

-Reagan

• former CM

Quote Originally Posted by WDW1974 View Post
    . . . I may well have a role in WDW's future, but it won't be as an online columnist.
    "Hey WDW1974, we got a protein spill on the Tea Cups. Move it!"

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567