Thread: 3/30: Shiny!

• MiceAge Columnist
    • MiceAge Founder & Editor

Blog Entries

3/30: Shiny!

Sue Meets the Robinsons (in 3D) at the El Capitan Theater in Hollywood. Discuss her review here!

Full Story HERE

Digg it HERE
    Last edited by Dustysage; 03-30-2007 at 07:24 AM. Reason: Links added
    "Politics is the profession whereby the inevitable is made to seem a great human achievement" - Quentin Crisp

Re: 3/30: Shiny!

Loved the review. I was debating this movie but after reading the review I can't wait to go see it. Wish I lived closer to the El Capitan, I got to see a movie there once. What a great experience.
    I love the smell of burnt coffee in the morning. ..

• MiceChat Administrator
    • Man of mystery and

Blog Entries

Thank you Sue, sounds like a Disney theme park ride! Perhaps they can replace Honey I Shrunk the Audience with Meet the Robinsons.

It has been a long time since I've been able to get up to LA to see a movie at the El Capitan. I've got to do that soon. Perhaps for this film!

-Dusty
    MiceChat 101: Be NICE! If you don't play well with others, you are in the wrong sandbox.

Find us on Facebook:

How do you support MiceChat? Join MiceChat GOLD!,

• Senior Minion

Thank you Sue, I just saw this film and I would have to say you nailed it with the emotional ups and downs, it came to a great close.

There was one point in the film for me where my eyes started to wonder, but it picked right back up after the Bowler guy went to go fetch the T-Rex. Good hearted, uplifting and encouraging film. I loved the Chip and Dale short, Working For Peanuts. That was a pleasant surprise, as Sue noted. Also loved the Walt quote integrated into the film.
    1st Amendment-Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.

Why do I get a Pixaresque feeling with this movie?
    Not exactly a Pixar like story,but man... some the visuals in this movie remind me of Pixar.

Any clue if Pixar (or the Renderman Engine) was used on this movie?

• DisneyLand is Sacred

Personally I almost cried when I saw the Mickey short come up on the screen. I had never seen a Disney short on the big screen before. It brought a tear to my eye.

• ...TWO BITS!

^ Me too! Oh look, your first post, and a dandy one at that!

"You're not thinking fourth dimensionally!" -Back to the Future

"With this place, I wanted to give them something real, something that wasn't an illusion, something they could see and touch. An aim devoid of merit."
    -Jurassic Park

• Minion

Thumbs down Re: 3/30: Shiny!

Sue you were waaaay to kind to this dis-jointed lackluster release. I personally felt it was the worst movie Disney has ever produced.

The only two redeeming factors came at the beginning and end: The Donald and Chip/Dale short and the Walt Disney quote.

I have to agree with a good friend who works "inside" he told me months ago that Meet the Robinsons "had problems"

Lets just hope that the bad decision making that allowed this movie to be released with the Disney name attached hasn't seeped into the upcoming Pixar release.
    BRYANT - MEGADISNEY
    Owner/Travel Advisor - Magical Partners Travel
    Walt Disney Company Stockholder
    D23 Charter Member

• U. B. Bold

Quote Originally Posted by MegaDisney View Post
    Sue you were waaaay to kind to this dis-jointed lackluster release. I personally felt it was the worst movie Disney has ever produced.
    You must not have seen Home on the Range, Chicken Little, Dinosaur, or Brother Bear (not to mention the truckload of crappy "cheapquels").

I found Meet the Robinson's to be a delightful return to form. I also applaud Disney's decision to re-release a classic short with the film. My son and I will definately be going to see it again.
    Please visit my Big Thunder/Disney Inspired Model Railroad

Dream big. Do what you love.

• ...TWO BITS!

Overall I liked the movie. There were a couple issues I had, but I still liked it. It's DEFINATELY better than some past productions. I actually liked Brother Bear. CL & Dino are on par to me. HotR is probably the poorest production in my book. But I can still enjoy them.

I'd rather watch MTR more than Blades of Glory again.

"You're not thinking fourth dimensionally!" -Back to the Future

"With this place, I wanted to give them something real, something that wasn't an illusion, something they could see and touch. An aim devoid of merit."
    -Jurassic Park

• Minion

My biggest problem was the fact that they introduced us to around 10 characters during a musical number, what happened to character development.

I liked Chicken Little, Brother Bear and Dinosaur, and at least Home on the Range had a somewhat followable story line.

I don't bother with straight to DVD releases...
    BRYANT - MEGADISNEY
    Owner/Travel Advisor - Magical Partners Travel
    Walt Disney Company Stockholder
    D23 Charter Member

• at one with the Mouse

Quote Originally Posted by MegaDisney View Post
    My biggest problem was the fact that they introduced us to around 10 characters during a musical number, what happened to character development.

I liked Chicken Little, Brother Bear and Dinosaur, and at least Home on the Range had a somewhat followable story line.

I don't bother with straight to DVD releases...
    That part of the movie was the closest to the book though, they were characters that needed no development. Like the uncle that like canons...thats what he does..he like canons..that's it.. the character has been developed. I didn't need to hear a story about how he saw his first canon, its unimportant, he's just a side character that likes canons.