Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

• Closed Account

Re: 4/23: Will It Go Round in Circles, Part II

Quote Originally Posted by Ride Warrior View Post
    Does the kitty have an annual pass
    More like an annual paws.

It just struck me that they named the cat after a Warner Bros. character! Maybe "Figaro" would have been more appropriate.

• Iron-Clad Allie

Quote Originally Posted by Steve DeGaetano View Post
    More like an annual paws.

It just struck me that they named the cat after a Warner Bros. character! Maybe "Figaro" would have been more appropriate.

If Tweety should show up at the roundhouse, that would be an annual paws for concern...a real cat-tastrophy!

Do you visit the roundhouse frequently?

An iron horse is of course an iron horse.
    It's sad to hear when they've been outsourced.
    Good thing they're backed up by OE's in full force.
    Hooray for the DRR!
    Last edited by Ride Warrior; 04-24-2007 at 01:30 PM.
    To Boldly Go Where No MiceChatter Has Gone Before!

• Closed Account

Do you visit the roundhouse frequently?
    I've been lucky enough to have visited several times. Maybe half a dozen.

It's not something that can easily be arranged. I certainly don't have the power to do it. Security has tightened up, and you need to have business back there in order to gain admittance. As I was lucky enough to "help out" in very tiny ways with the Ward Kimball, I got to spend some time back there.

• Iron-Clad Allie

I've been lucky enough to have visited several times. Maybe half a dozen.

It's not something that can easily be arranged. I certainly don't have the power to do it. Security has tightened up, and you need to have business back there in order to gain admittance. As I was lucky enough to "help out" in very tiny ways with the Ward Kimball, I got to spend some time back there.
    Glad that you work on projects from time to time. When you were a regular Disneyland employee, what did your job entail?

Too bad terrorists and other criminals have plagued our free society with paranoia and a need to take ever increasing security measures in order to insure our safety. There was a time in our nation when a person could show up unannounced at the White House door, and gain the audience of the President.

• Closed Account

When you were a regular Disneyland employee, what did your job entail?
    Actually, I've never been employed by Disney.

• Iron-Clad Allie

Actually, I've never been employed by Disney.
    Still, it's quite impressive that you are valued by your Disneyland friends and associates enough to be periodically sequestered to the secured backstage RH area on business related matters, and to help out.

• Closed Account

Yeah, and I value their friendship just the same.

It's only been once that Disney invited me in--Tim O'Day, head of Publicity, invited me to attend and speak at the dedication of the Ward Kimball. A class act, Tim.

The other times, I was asked to go not by anyone at Disney, but by outside contractors working for Disney who had reason to be there.

And the very first time I went was in 1997, when a friend who did have considerable contacts on the inside arranged for a tour. But like I said, because of security reasons, today you need a better reason to get in than just being "a friend of a friend who knows someone."

Of course, living in North Carolina now, I don't foresee the opportunities to visit arriving very frequently. I treasure the times I did get to go, and in addition to being able to share the experience with folks like you, I get to preserve my memories a bit by writing them down.

• Iron-Clad Allie

Yeah, and I value their friendship just the same.

It's only been once that Disney invited me in--Tim O'Day, head of Publicity, invited me to attend and speak at the dedication of the Ward Kimball. A class act, Tim.

The other times, I was asked to go not by anyone at Disney, but by outside contractors working for Disney who had reason to be there.

And the very first time I went was in 1997, when a friend who did have considerable contacts on the inside arranged for a tour. But like I said, because of security reasons, today you need a better reason to get in than just being "a friend of a friend who knows someone."

Of course, living in North Carolina now, I don't foresee the opportunities to visit arriving very frequently. I treasure the times I did get to go, and in addition to being able to share the experience with folks like you, I get to preserve my memories a bit by writing them down.
    Through your photos and vividly expressed accounts, we now carry with us wonderful indelibly imprinted memories in our minds. Keep up the awesome reporting. I think your writing is book worthy.

It's quite amazing the richly articulated portraits that a literary artist can paint onto the canvas of the mind...when one takes the time to do so.
    Last edited by Ride Warrior; 04-26-2007 at 06:22 PM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12