• MiceAge Columnist
    • MiceAge Founder & Editor

Blog Entries

6/17: The "Aventura" Concludes

Part II - Guest columnist Alain Littaye takes you on a photo tour of Spain's Port Aventura theme park. Discuss it here!
    "Politics is the profession whereby the inevitable is made to seem a great human achievement" - Quentin Crisp

Los Angeles, California, United States, United States
    Wonderful stuff - can't wait to get back...

• Banned User

I have to say you have awakened an interest in me to go see this park. It looks much better than I feared, plus I've never been to Spain...so..that would be nice. Thank you for such informative and interesting report.

• Minion FOREVER!

Alain,
    Thank you very much for a comprehensive and informative review. I didn't know that some westerns were filmed in Spain and definitely did not know that some of those props had been renovated as attractions.

I always wanted to visit Spain, so this is just another argument in favor of that.

• Iron-Clad Allie

Howdy do, Alain -

Other than in pictures, I've never seen a racing coaster - let alone rode one. Stamped looks to be a good "shoot 'em up" and then back down, and all around fun ride! I also enjoyed the picture of the Wild Wild West Stunt Show. Is the wooden tub of water and the canon actually use,. or are they just props for the setting?

Those saloon girls in green look to be part "hottie" and part leprechan. The mine ride, log flume and themed raft ride along with the Colorado River would all make for a great time. I wish we had a raft ride and/or a flume/coaster at DL's Frontierland.

The picture of the scenic Costa Caribe waterpark is gorgeous. The lagoon is spacious. Also, the slides appear to be colorful. long, and nice and twisty. Is there a lazy river? Also, I've heard that Universal still has part ownership in Port Aventura. Approximately what is the percentage of its ownership? Does it own the waterpark in full?
    Last edited by Ride Warrior; 06-19-2005 at 03:02 PM.

Los Angeles, California, United States, United States
    Universal sold it's 37 ownership share in Port Aventura, but has a licensing deal for the Universal name, technology and merchandising.

• Iron-Clad Allie

Quote Originally Posted by CoasterMatt
    Universal sold it's 37 ownership share in Port Aventura, but has a licensing deal for the Universal name, technology and merchandising.
    Thanks, CoasterMatt. That was right neighborly of you.

• Iron-Clad Allie

I'm still wondering if Universal owns the waterpark in full.

• Shubisha

Heh, that Western Show setup did remind me of the one at Universal.
    Last edited by almandot; 06-18-2005 at 02:15 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ride Warrior
    Howdy do, Alain -

Other than in pictures, I've never seen a racing coaster - let alone rode one. Stamped looks looks to be good "shoot 'em up" and then back down, and all around fun! I also enjoyed the picture of the Wild Wild West Stunt Show. Are the wooden tub of water and the canon actually used. or are ther just props for the setting?.....

.....The picture of the scenic Costa Caribe waterpark are gorgeous. The lagoon is spacious. Also, the slides appear to be colorful. long, and nice and twisty. Is there a lazy river? Also, I've heard that Universal still has part ownership in Port Aventura. Approximately, what is the percentage of its ownership? Does it own the waterpark in full?
    Hello , Alain Littaye, here. Thanks for your kind words to all of you. here is an answer for ride warrior : yes, the cannon you see in the stunt show is used during the show, as well as the tub of water where , i think, somebody is falling...the whole show is funny, really...if you go there don't miss it!
    About the lazy river at costa caribe, i think there is one ( you can see it on the bottom of some photos) ...i don't know if universal kept a part of ownership in port aventura, but what i know is that port aventura have the right to use the character of woody woodpecker for one more year only, after, finished!