Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

• Iron-Clad Allie

Re: 'POTC: AWE' Red Carpet Confidential

Thanks for the super shots of of hot shotz Matt Oimet, Bob Iger and Jay Rasulo! Where's Ed Grier, though. Beauty queen Dabielle Panabaker is definitely one freaky mama. Nice job, ALIASd.
    To Boldly Go Where No MiceChatter Has Gone Before!

• MiceChat News Team
    • Top Shelf!

BANZAI INSTITUTE for Biomedical Engineering and Strategic Information

Quote Originally Posted by Ride Warrior View Post
    Where's Ed Grier, though.
    Matt wasn't doing interviews so I had a moment to get a shot of him. I did speak w/ Mr. Grier though in Part 1 of the report so I didn't photograph him, figuring everyone else would. I found him to be friendly, and made a genuine effort to be enthusiastic without appearing cloying.

Thanks for the nice words too.

• Iron-Clad Allie

Quote Originally Posted by ALIASd View Post
    Matt wasn't doing interviews so I had a moment to get a shot of him. I did speak w/ Mr. Grier though in Part 1 of the report so I didn't photograph him, figuring everyone else would. I found him to be friendly, and made a genuine effort to be enthusiastic without appearing cloying.

Thanks for the nice words too.
    Appreciate the info, ALIASd. I have an extremely high opinion of Mr. Grier, and look forward to all the good things that he will continue to bring to the resort. His day of mass recognition is coming.
    To Boldly Go Where No MiceChatter Has Gone Before!

• MiceChat News Team
    • Top Shelf!

I met cute, young Borys from THR yesterday in the Media Center, here's their report on the event:

Disneyland transformed for 'Pirates' Premiere

By Borys Kit and Carolyn Giardina
    The Hollywood Reporter
    May 21, 2007

Teens bursting into tears at the anticipation of seeing Johnny Depp, Geoffrey Rush conducting interviews with a monkey on his shoulders, and fans chanting "Jer-ry! Jer-ry!" were some of the images seen and heard on the 1,000-foot long red carpet that stretched along Main Street, USA, at Disneyland in Anaheim Saturday at Walt Disney Pictures' premiere of "Pirates of the Caribbean: At World's End."

"It's nuts," described director Gore Verbinsky, as fans thrust notebooks, posters, anything, for him so sign.

A handler walked in advance of Depp on the red carpet, explaining to fans how to comport themselves for autograph signing and picture taking. All for naught, it turned out, as pandemonium reigned wherever the actor was sighted. And heaven help anyone caught in the twister that was Orlando Bloom.

"Look at the sea of faces," said Buena Vista Pictures Group president Oren Aviv on the red carpet, which was bordered on both sides by upwards of 15,000 fans, young and old. "It's amazing. You really get to see the power that movies can have when you look around and you see that these lives are affected by what were initially just words on a page."

Or just a theme park ride. As Disney chairman Dick Cook said, having the premiere at Disneyland was "very appropriate. This is where it all started."

From such humble beginnings, a billion-dollar franchise was born but how does that weight sit on the shoulders of the makers of the third installment?

"Expectations are a dangerous thing because if you go to a movie and you get what you expect, then you're not surprised," said Verbinsky. "It's our job to create something that (the audience hasn't) expected, that they haven't imagined. The first time, we were just experimenting, crashing together absurdities and romanticism and seeing what would happen and there was a willingness to fail. So we try to conjure that up each time out."

Or there's the Jerry Bruckheimer's approach: "We have more special effects in one reel of this movie than we had in all of the first movie," said the producer, adding "The last 40 minutes of this movie is the most exciting filmmaking I've been involved with."

Guests, many of whom paid $1500 a ticket as the premiere benefited the Make-A-Wish Foundation and raised over $3 million, enjoyed the run of the park, partaking in rides such as Pirates of the Caribbean, Haunted Mansion, and Splash Mountain.

The movie's composer Hans Zimmer performed selections of the score with a small orchestra prior to the outdoor screening, which saw the movie digitally projected on a giant screen on the park's Tom Sawyer Island.

The billion-dollar question now, though, is will there be a fourth movie?

Said Aviv: "The script has been great the last three times, and if there's a fourth one that's great, and if Johnny want to do it, absolutely."
    http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/hr/...cca7773d378c86
    "If you don't know how to draw, you don't belong in this building" - John Lasseter 2006

• MiceChat News Team
    • Top Shelf!

'Pirates' sets sail

Disneyland hosts film premiere

Keith Richards and Johnny Depp at the world preem of
    'Pirates of the Caribbean: At World's End'

By Peter Gilstrap
    Variety
    May 21, 2007

Dead men tell no tales, but the vocal might of tens of thousands of young women tell a singular story.

The cast of "Pirates of the Caribbean: At World's End" drew high-decibel appreciation along the red carpet Saturday at Disneyland, where the Mouse House hosted the world preem for the third installment of its Caribbean cash cow.

"There's such excitement over this one, such anticipation, and I think it's bigger than any of us expected," said Disney chairman Dick Cook. "I think Jerry Bruckheimer would be a fabulous pirate," added the boss. "He's a swashbuckler."

In terms of buccaneers, Bruckheimer said he identified with "all of them. They're all scoundrels." And how would Cook fit in? "Dick would be the guy manipulating it all, the guy on top. He wouldn't get his hands dirty."

The event marked the first time tickets for a "Pirates" preem -- at $1,500 a pop -- were made available to the public, with proceeds going to the Make-a-Wish Foundation of America and Make-a-Wish Intl. Combined with an upfront Mouse donation of more than $1 million, the org garnered some $3 million.

Johnny Depp, as usual, engendered weepy, Beatle-level worship, and graciously obliged the autograph-seeking faithful. The actor's Jack Sparrow muse and "World's End" scene-stealer Keith Richards showed up sporting an emerging, curiously challenged mustache.

Did he see himself in Depp's notoriously affected performance?

"Yeah, a little bit," chuckled the Rolling Stones guitarist.

And Orlando Bloom had the ladies in a tizzy, happily signing anything thrust his way, paying special attention to those wielding Magic Markered entreaties like "Orlando Please Hug Me!" Pic's Keira Knightley couldn't make it to the event.

Pirate-garbed fans lined up three and four deep along the 2,000-foot carpet that wound down Main Street to Adventureland to glimpse the likes of Geoffrey Rush, Bill Nighy, Naomie Harris and franchise director Gore Verbinski. "Pirates" scribes Ted Elliott and Terry Rossio were on hand, as well as Cuba Gooding Jr., Kobe Bryant, Jon Voight, Teri Hatcher, director Tony Scott, Paula Wagner, Nina Jacobsen, Disney prexy Bob Iger, production head Oren Aviv, Disney-ABC president Anne Sweeney, Pixar founder John Lasseter and Roy Disney.

As with the two previous "Pirates" preems, a buffet dinner awaited the hungry, and a 100-by-50-foot screen stood on Tom Sawyer's Island, with well-padded bleachers on the opposite bank set to accommodate 2,000 viewers.

The audience settled in as security types with nightvision scopes spotted errant cell-phone users, while a healthy set of mainly disco hits was performed by a band dressed as pirates.

Hans Zimmer, composer for the second and third "Pirates" installments, led his own musicians in a medley of the film's themes, followed by cast intros.

Then, at 9 p.m., beneath a real crescent moon, the imagineered shores of Anaheim were invaded by the sights and sounds of "At World's End." At movie's end, 168 minutes later, the sky filled with fireworks, and, in the shadow of the towering bleachers, the line for Pirates of the Caribbean began. The ride, that is.
    http://www.variety.com/article/VR111...goryid=13&cs=1

• Future Imagineer!!

Wow those pictures are awesome!!

Cant wait to watch the TV special on the red carpet event!

• MiceChat News Team
    • Top Shelf!

Exclusive photo gallery at:

World Premiere of Walt Disney Pictures' "Pirates of the Caribbean: At World's End"
    May 19, 2007 - Disneyland
    Anaheim, California United States
    http://www.wireimage.com/GalleryList...=273974&nbc1=1

"Pirates of the Caribbean: At World's End" World Premiere - Arrivals
    May 19, 2007 - Disneyland
    Anaheim, California United States
    http://www.wireimage.com/GalleryList...=272456&nbc1=1

photo: Vince Bucci/Getty Images
    Last edited by ALIASd; 05-20-2007 at 07:17 PM.

• I was deleted.

Amazing report there ALIASd!

• Merry 2014!

Awesome report! You have a One Sheet! That so rocks and it is very cool one!
    Sig by Poisonedapples!

• MiceChat Senior Moderator
    • Always watching...

Excellent report ALIASd! Thank you for bringing all the excitement to those of us who couldn't be there

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • It's a music celebration!

Thank you ALIASd. I loved reading your report and looking at these pictures. We all appreciate your hard work. Reading those interviews are also really fantastic. Kudos on a job well done!!!

• MiceChat News Team
    • Top Shelf!

Well thanks again for the kind words and for reading this special report!

Here's the story from USA TODAY:

A fusillade of 'Pirates'

By Vince Bucci, Getty Images
    Pirates of the Caribbean star Johnny Depp sported his
    signature bohemian style to the premiere.

By William Keck
    USA TODAY
    May 21, 2007

ANAHEIM, Calif. — With the openings of Spider-Man 3 and Shrek the Third history, it's on to the summer's third No. 3: Pirates of the Caribbean: At World's End. It arrives Friday.

The hoopla started Saturday night at Disneyland with an over-the-top premiere. At 8:45, composer Hans Zimmer appeared on a stage before a giant movie screen with an electric guitar to lead his orchestra in selections from the film's score. After the cast was introduced, the film played until 11:35. Then came fireworks.

With leading lady Keira Knightley in Europe shooting The Edge of Love, Keith Richards easily emerged as the most colorful character of the evening.

"I feel like I'm on a sort of flashback acid trip," the Rolling Stones legend marveled on the red carpet. Richards joins the cast as father to Johnny Depp's Captain Jack Sparrow, and Depp got a big chuckle after hearing Richards' remarks. "Disneyland is all about the imagination, and that sort of psychedelia can go in any direction, can't it? It can be quite dark, and it can be quite light and perfect here at the happiest place on Earth with the giant mice."

Looking very Depp himself in a black vest, skulled scarf, shades and jewelry, Richards said he and Depp are "growing into each other." He arrived in L.A. on Thursday and is now off to Brussels to begin rehearsals with his fellow Stones for a concert June 5.

Geoffrey Rush (Captain Barbossa) walked the carpet with his character's pet monkey, Chiquita, 11, perched atop his shoulder and sipping from a juice box. Rush joked, "I invited the monkey because I knew they were going to print a lot of photographs of Johnny (Depp) and Orlando (Bloom), and I needed a gimmick."

Disney has plenty of those to keep Pirates on moviegoers' minds. Among them:

•Beginning Tuesday, Disneyland guests can download exclusive features to their Nintendo DS players at three X-marked spots near the Pirates ride.

•On Friday, Disneyland will unveil its Pirates Lair attraction on the redesigned Tom Sawyer Island.

And Pirates' voyage in theaters might not yet be done. Though producer Jerry Bruckheimer vetoed a TV series, he says more Pirates movies and even a Broadway musical are "a definite possibility."
    http://www.usatoday.com/life/people/...premiere_N.htm
    Last edited by ALIASd; 05-20-2007 at 10:16 PM.

• Purple Crates ♥

And Pirates' voyage in theaters might not yet be done. Though producer Jerry Bruckheimer vetoed a TV series, he says more Pirates movies and even a Broadway musical are "a definite possibility."
    sorry, i just caught this

• Blow me to Bermuda!

Ginarella and I were "lucky" enough to have a spot right behind "E" so we could get decent pics of those who stopped for autographs. The bad news is Johnny and Orlando ignored the press side so we didn't really get to see them. Here's some of the pics I got. If I have names wrong, please let me know. I pretty much took a pic of everyone "E" interviewed, but don't necessarily know who they are. I still have several I absolutely can't identify.

First came Selena Gomez.

Then Danielle Panabaker.

Mark Curry

Kyle Massey.

Len Goodman

Greg Ellis

Chris Harrison

Corey Maggette of the LA Clippers

Mark Indelicato

Holly Robinson Peete

Rodney Peete.

Emma Roberts

Kevin McNally

Teri Hatcher (also saw her on Sunday in Fantasyland with her DD but wasn't quick enough with the camera)

Martin Landau

Stacey Kiebler

Vanessa Branch

Wilbur Valderama - he signed a lot of autographs. He was still signing down by the hub after Johnny had gone by our area.

Sophia Milos.

Maksim Chmerkovskiy

Cheryl Burke

Ian Ziering

Janice Dickinson - must say she was very pleased that most everyone behind "E" knew who she was and was yelling her name. I will admit I had no idea until someone told me.

Lee Arenberg

Ricardo Chavira

Carrie Ann Inaba

and I'll be back shortly with more.
    Last edited by wvnative; 05-23-2007 at 08:07 AM. Reason: names

Enjoying the warmth and sunshine of Phoenix between Disney trips.

• Blow me to Bermuda!

Part 2...

Next came Martin Klebba.

Then Coby Bryant cruised on by with his family.

Jack Davenport

Tom Hollander

Julianne Hough

Apolo Anton Ohno

John Lasseter

Bill Nighy

Hans Zimmer

Bob Iger

Yi Jianlian. This guy it really tall at about 7'.

Naomie Harris

Chow Yun-Fat. He was having fun playing with the camera.

Joey Fatone. He really looked like he was having a great time during his interview.

I was told this is Gore Verbinski.

Cuba Gooding Jr.

Jonathan Pryce

As I said before, Orlando was signing a lot of autographs on the other side. He did eventually turn around to wave at our side. He finally walked over but thanks to the camera guys in front of us getting up on stools, we couldn't see him. I did snap one of him on the other side when he turned to look at us and I attempted to crop him out and make him a little bigger. Hopefully it works.

Johnny stayed on the other side as well and wouldn't even look in our direction. So, this may officially be my worst photo ever. See that camera? See the green jacket behind it? That's Johny.

And of course, the day would not have been complete with the perfect picture. What could be better than our very own Darkbeer doing what he does so wonderfully.

Enjoy!
    Last edited by wvnative; 05-23-2007 at 12:15 PM. Reason: grammar - names

Enjoying the warmth and sunshine of Phoenix between Disney trips.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast