Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• MiceAge Columnist
    • MiceAge Founder & Editor

Blog Entries

5/25: Booty Wonderland

Pirates III has everything; every... single... thing... Discuss Sue's review here!
    "Politics is the profession whereby the inevitable is made to seem a great human achievement" - Quentin Crisp

• Defying gravity

Re: 5/25: Booty Wonderland

Great article. I saw the 8 pm showing of the movie last night. It was a little confusing, but I liked it. I can't wait for it to come out on DVD.

• is too darn hot.

Pirates of the Caribbean: At Worlds End was fashioned from a 1,000 kilo block of pure awesome with an awesome hammer and an awesome chisel and finished with 1200 grit awesome sandpaper and protected with awesome shellac.

Plus it had an undead monkey...

And Davy Jones.
    The Right Honorable Count Boogie Bonz of Random, at your service.

On Track for Weight Loss!

i saw the eight o clock show last night and i have to say that this film was worth waiting a year for! great acting, storyline and specail effects!

• From rags to riches!

I hope someone will agree with me that the movie was hard to understand for some...

I'm a pirate history fanatic as well as a former Disney employee and I got it all.

It did have everything maybe too much for the casual pirate fan?
    Pirates have the most fun

Jack : You need to find yourself a girl, mate! Or perhaps the reason you practice three hours a day is that you already found one and are otherwise incapable of wooing said strumpet. You're not a eunuch, are you? [looks down]

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Pineapple Queen

Quote Originally Posted by Club33orBust View Post
    I hope someone will agree with me that the movie was hard to understand for some...

I'm a pirate history fanatic as well as a former Disney employee and I got it all.

Judging from the responses of the crowds watching the film, I'd have to disagree with you.

I LOVE the movie! Now it's my favorite film. Absolutely wonderful work from the people who brought all of this together.

As for Will and Elizabeth? What are you talking about, Sue? Orlando Bloom has already said that he'd sign on to do Pirates 4 if it became a reality, along with Johnny Depp.

All in all, a great film. A definate improvement from the last and it wasn't until Geoffrey Rush was back that I realised just how much of a void he made by not being included in Dead man's chest.

Great use of effects, great character resolution. My only complaint is with the MPAA's hypocrasy in allowing the level of violence that it did to get A PG-13 rating. There were some very graphic kills in this one, including a woman being shot in the head.

But as long as they don't show boobs, I guess it's ok...

• Minion

Just wonderful, so completely satisfying!
    Just stunning action sequences, the story line was gripping, BRAVO!!!
    We will see it again this weekend...
    Goin around the world...and back to Disneyland!

• is too darn hot.

Quote Originally Posted by Club33orBust View Post

It was a bit hard to uinderstand at times what with the double-, triple-, and quadruple-crosses. As for being a pirate history fanatic, I think at this point the PotC franchise has stepped beyond the bounds of history and mythology and into pure fantasy.

Speaking of history am I the only one who noticed Blackbeard's flag in the Pirate armada?
    The Right Honorable Count Boogie Bonz of Random, at your service.

On Track for Weight Loss!

• MiceAge Columnist
    • Dateline Disneylander

Quote Originally Posted by BassBone View Post
    Pirates of the Caribbean: At Worlds End was fashioned from a 1,000 kilo block of pure awesome with an awesome hammer and an awesome chisel and finished with 1200 grit awesome sandpaper and protected with awesome shellac.
    You said it!

Pirates of the Caribbean: At World's End surpassed every expectaction I could have ever dreamed of having for the film. Simply put: it was bloody amazing.

I can't wait to see it again. I boy, will I be seeing it again!

Photos, news, and commentary every week from Walt Disney's Magic Kingdom!

| | |

• Thurl,gone,not forgotten

I had a totally different kind of booty in mind,like JLo's

There were so many things I really LOVED about this movie, and, I admit, a couple I hated. XP
    It doesn't stop me from wanting to watch it over and over until the DVD comes out, though.

I thought it was great....

Spoiler
    I just think will turner deserved a better death than to be randomly killed by Davy Jones

Quote Originally Posted by Imagineer1985 View Post

Spoiler
    I just think will turner deserved a better death than to be randomly killed by Davy Jones
    Spoiler
    That, and Norrington.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Pineapple Queen

Quote Originally Posted by Imagineer1985 View Post

Spoiler
    Spoiler
    It wasn't random. Will consistently mocked Davy Jones or was just an outright jerk to him, due to the fact that Will wanted to get back at him for his father's sake. And if you also remember, Will escaped the Flying Dutchman in DMC, so he still had some sort of debt to Jones...not an official one, but he was a prisoner. Then Jones tried to kill him with the Kraken and failed. Jones had every intent to get Will at some point.

Norrington, I would agree with at first. But if he had lived any longer, I think it just would have ruined everything for all of the other characters. I mean, he kissed Elizabeth (there was a total groan from the audience when that happened)...if he had lived past that, I think everyone would have been ready to kill both him and Elizabeth, and the third film had to sort of make up for the crap they had been doing previously-justify their characters, if you will. And what more could Norrington have done to progress? He really had nothing left. His whole world was destroyed, and he certainly couldn't ever accept to become a pirate himself. It wouldn't have worked.

It also set up the climax that Will would have with his father. The audience at that point still had no true conception of how far-gone Bootstrap was by that point. They needed to see how much of his soul had been wiped away.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast