Tokyo Disney Seas

I just got back from Tokyo Disney Seas and loved it. It was probably the most detailed and beautiful of all the Disney parks, in my opinion. Coming home, I look at California Adventure and think to myself.. how did this come to be? Then I was reminded of a concept called Oceana or something like that and the concept sketches seemed to look like Disney Seas, but it was meant for Long Beach. Any information on what happened to this concept for California?

• Sea Creature

Re: Tokyo Disney Seas

Good to hear.

• Banned User

I loved reading Al Lutz's coverage of the park when he used to write for MousePlanet. He took every opportunity to bash DCA and basically called it an insult to Disney's American guests with phrases like "They don't think you deserve this kind of experience..." or something. I loved it.

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by SpokkerJones View Post
    I loved reading Al Lutz's coverage of the park when he used to write for MousePlanet. He took every opportunity to bash DCA and basically called it an insult to Disney's American guests with phrases like "They don't think you deserve this kind of experience..." or something. I loved it.
    Here's a link to that article:

http://www.mouseplanet.com/tokyo/tdstour/tdstour1.htm

That article was probably the first and most detailed glimpse of Tokyo DisneySea I saw online. Before then, I had no idea what Tokyo DisneySea was like. I was overwhelmed by how amazing the whole park looked, and this was just from looking at pictures!

That tour was probably what piqued my interest to go to Tokyo in the first place. Tokyo DisneySea was so breathtaking that I had to go see it in person. Every one of my expectations were met of course.

All the hype for the park is well deserved; I can truly say that no theme park has ever achieved such a level of authenticity, detail, scale, and picturesque beauty like Tokyo DisneySea has. Tokyo DisneySea is, without a doubt, one of the most beautiful man-made places in the world!

Kudos to the Imagineers who created this masterpiece, and many thanks to the Oriental Land Company for supplying them with their $3.3 billion budget!
    ~ Tokyo DisneySea’s Arabian Coast at nighttime ~

• Pathetically Obsessed

Totally agree with you TDR_Fan. The online pictorial that was done on Mouseplanet is saved in my favorites and really shows the stunning beauty of that park.

We're headed to WDW next spring, so we'll have visited 6 of the 11 parks, but after that, we're going to Tokyo. Maybe in time for TDS 10th anniversary.
    "Fire at will, boys!"

"Which one's Will?

• WorldOfSmall

Beautiful Park! Can't wait to go myself.
    World of Small

• I love Disney

Nice
    Come join me and my co-hosts to learn all the latest news about the amusement park industry and disney LIVE! every Tuesday at 7:30 est time on http://amusementradio.com/
    or listen to all are shows at http://www.coastineastpodcast.com/
    Remember to Sit Down, Strap In, and Coast On

Yes, if anyone has a chance to go, it will only put into perspective what WDI can do with the right budget and time. As I mentioned earlier, can anyone give insight on the origins of Disney Seas from a concept idea for Long Beach?

BTW, I have great pics I could attach, but I am not sure how to do that here.

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by dfox View Post
    As I mentioned earlier, can anyone give insight on the origins of Disney Seas from a concept idea for Long Beach?
    Think Tokyo DisneySeas combined with Epcot and you'll get an idea of what the Long Beach park was all about. Where Tokyo DisneySea is more about romanticism and fantasy, DisneySeas Long Beach was more scientific with real fish and stuff. I can't remember seeing one real fish in TDS and I'm glad it wasn't half aquarium/half theme park.

Long Beach DisneySea was also going to be a port for the Disney Cruise Line.

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by SpokkerJones View Post
    Think Tokyo DisneySeas combined with Epcot and you'll get an idea of what the Long Beach park was all about. Where Tokyo DisneySea is more about romanticism and fantasy, DisneySeas Long Beach was more scientific with real fish and stuff. I can't remember seeing one real fish in TDS and I'm glad it wasn't half aquarium/half theme park.

Long Beach DisneySea was also going to be a port for the Disney Cruise Line.
    I'm also glad the Oriental Land Company went with the current design of DisneySea rather than Long Beach's version. Tokyo DisneySea's central theme of exploration and adventure is far more exciting to me than the Long Beach version's central theme of sea life. Not to mention Tokyo DisneySea looks a whole lot prettier than what was planned for Long Beach.
    ~ Tokyo DisneySea’s Arabian Coast at nighttime ~