• MiceAge Columnist
    • MiceAge Founder & Editor

Blog Entries

7/1: A Disneyland Paris Summer

Guest columnist Alain Littaye updates you on the parks and the resort, discuss it all here!
    "Politics is the profession whereby the inevitable is made to seem a great human achievement" - Quentin Crisp

• Iron-Clad Allie

Thanks for the new article, Alain. As usual, it was a delightful read.

Looks to be a lot going on at the DLP Resort this summer. Niether the DLP Pooh show nor the Studio Lilo and Stitch show appear to be very interesting. They might be ok diversions though. For the youngsters and their families, I hope WDS adds an attraction eventually that is the equivalent of Playhouse Disney, which is offered at both stateside resorts.

The Tarzan and Lion King shows each appear to be wildly exotic and fun. Jane is absolutely stunning! "Tarzan" would be well worth the experience if not just to watch Jane swing.

Disney's Wonderful World Parade looks alright. The Aladdin float really stands out, as it does appear like the magic carpet is flying. Along with the rides and other attractions, it looks as though one could easily fdo everything in one day - two days tops.

The awesome evening Fantiillusion parade, and Wishes fireworks display would both be "must see's" in my book. Do the times that each of them take place overlap, or could one view them separately any given evening?
    Last edited by Ride Warrior; 07-01-2005 at 06:00 AM.

When do these "nighttime" parades run? I was just there on May 31, and it doesnt get dark until around 10:30pm, and the park closed each evening at 8:00pm. Even in the schedules for the next few months, I never saw the closing date for the parks go beyond 8:00pm. I can see maybe in the winter months when the daylight hours change, but during summer????

• Former Epcot CM

Fantastic article. I'm going to the resort in thirteen days, and I cannot wait to see the Lion King show, Fantillusion, and ride Mission Two. Thanks for refreshing my enthusiasm.
    BACKPACKING REALNESS

DISNEY TRIPS
    October 2000 - Walt Disney World Resort
    October 2001 - Walt Disney World Resort
    April 2002 - Disneyland Resort Paris
    October 2003 - Walt Disney World Resort
    October 2004 - Walt Disney World Resort
    October 2005 - Walt Disney World Resort
    October 2007 - Walt Disney World Resort
    December 2008 - Walt Disney World Resort
    July 2009 - Disneyland Resort Paris
    July 2011 - Disneyland Resort California
    July 2012-13 - UK Cultural Representative Cast Member at Epcot
    February 2013 - Disneyland Resort California
    February 2013 -Tokyo Disney Resort

(VERY OLD!)
    TRIP REPORTS

• Former Epcot CM

Quote Originally Posted by Ride Warrior
    The awesome evening Fantiillusion parade, and Wishes fireworks display would both be "must see's" in my book. Do the times that each of them take place overlap, or could one view them separately any given evening?
    They wouldn't run a parade down Main Street and fireworks over the castle at the same time.
    BACKPACKING REALNESS

DISNEY TRIPS
    October 2000 - Walt Disney World Resort
    October 2001 - Walt Disney World Resort
    April 2002 - Disneyland Resort Paris
    October 2003 - Walt Disney World Resort
    October 2004 - Walt Disney World Resort
    October 2005 - Walt Disney World Resort
    October 2007 - Walt Disney World Resort
    December 2008 - Walt Disney World Resort
    July 2009 - Disneyland Resort Paris
    July 2011 - Disneyland Resort California
    July 2012-13 - UK Cultural Representative Cast Member at Epcot
    February 2013 - Disneyland Resort California
    February 2013 -Tokyo Disney Resort

(VERY OLD!)
    TRIP REPORTS

I'd like to point out that it's not Mickey who finishes Fantilussion, but Minnie!

And don't forget to see the Cruella De Ville show, which is quite nice too!

When do these "nighttime" parades run? I was just there on May 31, and it doesnt get dark until around 10:30pm, and the park closed each evening at 8:00pm.
    Fantillusion runs at 10.30 pm and Wishes follows at 11.15 pm.

• Iron-Clad Allie

Quote Originally Posted by raptor1982
    Fantillusion runs at 10.30 pm and Wishes follows at 11.15 pm.
    Thanks, raptor. They both sound like a blast!

• is FIERCE!

Blog Entries
    Excellent update, as usual- we can always count on Alain for amazing stories.

And did you see that Tarzan???? OHHHHH MAMA! Put me on the bext plane to Paris! I now want to visit DLRP more than ever!
    Check out the News Forum for the latest news with a Micechat twist!

Do you MiceChat?
    Help support the site you love:
    -Visit the MiceChat store
    Make a donation with one of the boxes at the bottom of the page

DMCA for life, yo.
    MCDA- Bringin' sexyback, one pound at a time.

• Iron-Clad Allie

Several members of the Mice Chat Community are intrigued and impressed with the concept art for Discoveryland that you presented in your 3/21 To the Moon and Beyond article. The subject came up on the Discovery Bay thread. Your research skills are impeckable.

With respect to your 4/21 Rabbits, Turtles & Cars article, the concept sketches of Toon Studios and photos of other attractions are incredible. Do you sometimes do your own photography?
    Last edited by Ride Warrior; 07-02-2005 at 03:08 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ride Warrior
    Several members of the Mice Chat Community are intrigued and impressed with the concept art for Discoveryland that you presented in your 3/21 To the Moon and Beyond article. The subject came up on the Discovery Bay thread. Your research skills are impeckable.

With respect to his 4/21 Rabbits, Turtles & Cars article, the concept sketches of Toon Studios and photos of other attractions are incredible. Do you sometimes do your own photography?

Hello , alain littaye, here. As always, thanks for your kind words about the article. first, the wishes fireworks begin july 16 til end of august and the show happen just after the fantillusion parade. 2) the park is open until midnight only from july to end of august ( more or less these dates ) and this is why one of you couldn't see the night parade in may, as the park close at 8pm. 3) yes, i take photograph myself, too, but only when it's possible technically to do it - or authorised. But not for this article where all photos come from DLP. 4) Most of the renderings you've seen in the "moon and beyond" article were published in my book "DLP, FROM SKETCH TO REALITY" where you will find more than 750 photos with 250 renderings, all gorgeous. If you don't have it, and want it , you better rush, as i have only few copies available. The book is beautiful, and i guarantee you won't be disapointed and will love it instantly! you can email me at: [email protected]

• Mentat

Question

Thank you for your report! I am suddenly intrigued by DLRP. I have this lithograph called "The Sun Never Sets on Disney" that was purchased when I was a CM at WDW. It was right before all the headaches and pride swallowing Disney had when opening DLRP. I am soo happy to see some great photos and hear about the unique offerings to be found there. I wonder what that lithograph is worth anyway...