Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

• Minion

Re: 7/17: Resurrections & Returns

Quote Originally Posted by EvilQueen View Post

This rather special map/sign can be found hidden away on the grounds of the Disneyland

While I may not be the most Spatial person on the planet (or, maybe I am...), it took me a couple of seconds to orient myself to this map; does anybody else find it odd that this map is "upside down"?
    'North' is at the bottom of the map, with 'South' at the top - usually a 'no-no' for cartographers... or is this "The View Of The Resort As Seen From the TDA Building" ? (Heck - even 4th Graders would know how to lay out a proper map...).
    Exactly where is the map and which way is the observer facing when they look at it ?

If the observer is looking south at the map then it seems a lot easier to correlate left and right when the map is oriented towards your view than to have to do a mental inversion to accomplish that.

If you're looking north than it should be inverted correspondingly to your 'normal' orientation.

It's not exactly a foldable map which can be turned any which way as you hold it and so has to adhere to a single standard orientation.

• Circle of Ancients

Sleeping Beauty Castle... AL I LOVE YOU! What more can I say?! The news of its return has made this MiceChatter the happiest man on earth. Disney, forget everything I said about you in the past. If you bring back Sleeping Beauty Castle... I will love you FOREVER!

Calmer...

Calmer...

Calmer...

Oh, who is kidding who? I CAN'T CALM DOWN!

YAHHHHHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by johnol View Post
    I was thrilled to hear of the Billion $ plus investment in Anaheim by Disney! The imagination runs wild and I can only hope they *will* let out spoilers to really get us all excited.

That being said, I have to echo the sentiment reflected by so many others - I would think that with all the change, they would finally fix the HR mess they have there.

I was horrified to think that a teen on drugs could be running Space Mountain and Disney has *no* drug screening policy? Isn't this a lawsuit waiting to happen? I would think Disney's legal team, being notoriously aggressive, would have required all manner of CYA tactics in the hiring of people...

Furthermore, how could such a premier brand as Disney not provide a decent wage - competitive in quality with In & Out, Costco, etc... I can't believe it!

Who can we write to as shareholders to see about getting this fixed for "our" employees? Is there any way we can call for some sort of shareholder proxy initiative for the next company meeting if this isn't fixed?
    I don't think Space Mountain is a hire-in attraction. Not that there aren't some hire-in ones that it wouldn't be equally scary for.

And I trust that another Cast Member would report a fellow CM that was noticeably impaired or detectably intoxicated (drugs or drink), especially a new hire. It's not only guest safety that would be affected, but their own.

• -

Quote Originally Posted by Pipeek View Post
    Well the current tower names confuse most hotel guest since it's generally a majority of new visitors or convention guests compared to return visitors and aps. If you were asked, where the Yorba Linda room was at the hotel, you'd probably have to look it up. The nice thing about the switchover is the convention rooms are going to be very easy to identify since the names generally will correspond to the towers. Dream Room A will be in the dream tower, and so forth. While I hate to see the history dropped, there's not that many guests who understand it anymore other than the die hard Disney fans like ourselves.
    I still don't buy what Disney is doing with these name changes. There's an easier way to clear up any confusion about conference room names. As in your example, instead of Dream Room A being in the Dream Tower, how about Bonita Room A being in the Bonita Tower, etc.

There's no good reason to strip the DLR of its history. I venture to say that if they do change the names of the towers away from their historic names, they won't be doing Mid-Century Modern architecture for the upgrade.

• time to go

Quote Originally Posted by merlinjones View Post
    >>What exactly is John Lassetter's official job title/description?<<

I think it's Chief Creative Officer for The Walt Disney Company.
    So close!

http://www.pixar.com/companyinfo/about_us/execs.htm

"John Lasseter is chief creative officer of Pixar and Disney Animation Studios and principal creative advisor, Walt Disney Imagineering."

Thank you Al for the update. A lot of good news.

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by Al Lutz
    As it currently stands, WDW has been assigned Tom Fitzgerald to oversee the Magic Kingdom, Epcot and the Studios park combined (look for even more exciting tile murals in Orlando folks)
    OMG!! We are doomed to eternity and back! What is this man going to do while running (or ruining) WDW? Sit for interviews with tall tales??

Why can we just pull the plug on some of WDW's offerings, like the MK altogther and spare us the dismay and sorrow now?
    Long live DISNEYLAND!

Poor, poor CMs.

I had to eat Sodexho food everyday at Fordham University, and it's so terrible that it is routinely chosen as some of the worst college cafeteria food in the country.

Hopefully they care more about Disney's contract and actually serve edible food, and hopefully they never serve DL CMs the dreaded breakfast burrito.

• Defying gravity

Speaking of employment issues and DL hiring possible "druggies," I just ran across this quote from an article on MousePlanet:

"To keep an operation like Disneyland going you have to pour it in there. It's what I call 'keeping the show on the road.' You have to keep throwing it in; you can't sit back and let it ride. Not just new attractions but keeping it staffed properly... you know, never letting your personnel get sloppy... never let them be unfriendly. That's been our policy all our lives. My brother and I have done that, and that is what has built our organization. We're not out to make a fast dollar with gimmicks. We're interested in doing things that are fun... in bringing pleasure and especially laughter to people. I think what I want Disneyland to be most of all is a happy place... a place where adults and children can experience together some of the wonder of life, of adventure, and feel better because of it."
    It's sad to see what CMs (for the most part) have become, mainly because of the low expectations DLR has set for their workers....

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by GhostHost2 View Post
    Yeah, I hope Tony does deal with getting the Astro Orbiters back on the observation deck, that is one of the immediate problems in DL.
    As I understand it, moving the Astro Orbitor would require totally tearing down and rebuilding the load structure in the middle of Tomorrowland. Unless DL management is willing to fork over a LOT of money just to move an existing ride, I donít see that happening.

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by Baloo View Post
    No the hotel will not be imploded but you should see the ideas they have for that area of the park. It calls for something big and impressive that will remove the focus from the hotel. If WDI could pull it off and it does not get removed from the proposed changes it will definitely be worth it.

What will that be? The only big thing Iíve heard about at that end of the park is the addition of the Californian Vacation Club expansion, which will just have more hotel crowding the park.

• Minion

>>As I understand it, moving the Astro Orbitor would require totally tearing down and rebuilding the load structure in the middle of Tomorrowland. Unless DL management is willing to fork over a LOT of money just to move an existing ride, I donít see that happening.<<

Why move Astro-Orbitor when the Rocket Jets mechanism is still up there like it always was - only disguised as a hunk o space junk - - just restore it to service and send the AO away to another park.

• Minion

>>What exactly is John Lassetter's official job title/description?<<

<<I think it's Chief Creative Officer for The Walt Disney Company.>>

>>So close! "John Lasseter is chief creative officer of Pixar and Disney Animation Studios and principal creative advisor, Walt Disney Imagineering."<<

I'm all ready to give him a promotion!

Quote Originally Posted by bfdf55 View Post
    What will that be? The only big thing I’ve heard about at that end of the park is the addition of the Californian Vacation Club expansion, which will just have more hotel crowding the park.

The vacation club expansion willnot happen in the parks boundaries. That will happen in the grasy field and small secluded parking area next to the grass field behind Mullholland Madness.

What i was talking about would be a completely different structure would continue the new theming of the area inside the park.

I get to meet Bob Weis!!!!!

I while back I posted a thread asking who he was because i would be meeting him. An now I know!! This is awesome. He told us he couldn't meet us a while back because he was moving his family from Florida. So he said we will reschedule.

Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast