Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2345678 ... LastLast

Re: 7/17: Resurrections & Returns

Quote Originally Posted by SpokkerJones View Post
    DCA is basically getting a patch applied. It might be better than it is now, but I don't think it'll never be that complete and consistant experience.
    Well, to be fair, it is a (to quote Dr. Evil) "One Billion Dollar" patch .

An awful lot can be done with that kind of money.
    Milhouse: We gotta spread this stuff around. Let's put it on the internet!
    Bart: No! We have to reach people whose opinions actually matter!
    "The Simpsons" Episode #214

• Long Distance Imagineer

More money for DCA, the opportunity to get unique attractions at both parks, Sleeping Beauty Castle reopening...can I do my happy dance now? LOL!

Quote Originally Posted by Baloo View Post
    What i was talking about would be a completely different structure would continue the new theming of the area inside the park.
    Is this going to be in the Route 66 area? The rumored victorian beer garden? It will have to be really tall to hide the PPH.
    "Imagination will often carry us to worlds that never were. But without it we go nowhere." --Carl Sagan

• I love my family!

This is the best news EVER!

I have never been as excited about the future of the park as I am now. If what AL reported is true and that list of additions is really going into the parks, then I can't wait.

$1,000,000,000! WOW! Thats basically a whole new park.

Start with the Pier area, there's already a new attraction going in build on that and nuke the place. Wall it off Jan 2 and open the NEW area for the Spring, that's a good 4 months in the slow time of year to get all they can done. Then move your way to the front of the park from there, why build a brand new beautifull front entrance for the same old shabby park, save the entrace area for last.

Anyway can't wait to see what happens here.

Oh, and as soon as WDW catches up to the DLR on upkeep and maintenence, the WDW bashing will end, until then sorry charlie.

Here's a really Blue Sky idea for you.

Why not reroute the traffic on Disneyland dr around the west side of the hotel, close the road, pave it over and create a new resort.
    Tear down the PP Hotel and build a big deluxe resort on that lot including the parking lot.
    Inside DCA tear out Pizza, McD's and the mouse (or move this one) and build an entrance area into the park.
    Then expand the Monorail over to the new hotel and have a station that only ticketed guest would have entry access to and your all set.

Any thoughts?

Quote Originally Posted by 3rdshiftCM View Post
    Here's a really Blue Sky idea for you.

Why not reroute the traffic on Disneyland dr around the west side of the hotel, close the road, pave it over and create a new resort.
    Tear down the PP Hotel and build a big deluxe resort on that lot including the parking lot.
    Inside DCA tear out Pizza, McD's and the mouse (or move this one) and build an entrance area into the park.
    Then expand the Monorail over to the new hotel and have a station that only ticketed guest would have entry access to and your all set.

Any thoughts?
    Love the idea!
    "Imagination will often carry us to worlds that never were. But without it we go nowhere." --Carl Sagan

• time to go

Quote Originally Posted by merlinjones View Post
    I'm all ready to give him a promotion!
    Oooooh!

Given MiceAge's history with encouraging the "promotion" of one key Disney executive, you should choose your words v-e-r-y c-a-r-e-f-u-l-l-y.

• n/a

THANK YOU AL FOR CALLING THEM OUT ON THE CASTING ISSUES!

I saw a CM the other day whose right arm was covered in bandages all up the arm. Either covering tatooes (this chap looked like he'd have body art) or a bad motor cycle accident. The tiny square band aid on his nose that was obviously covering up a nose ring wasn't too classy either.

Then there is the whole casting strategy. Call me crazy, but rather than a questionaire with questions that nobody in their right mind would ever answer correctly (i.e. are you always late?... gee let me put YES because they'll want to hire me then) why not a real personality test to see what area of the parks people would truely fit in. IE Where would you want to spend a vacation? In the woods, in the dessert, in space? or hell, WHATS YOUR FAVORITE CHARACTER AND WHY?!

Then they just assign people to random places to fill numbers. Forget the fact that this guy has 20 years of comedy experience, we need someone to press a button on Monsters Inc (Sorry Jungle Cruise, hopefully you guys get lucky and pull someone who actually WANTS to work on the attraction).

My point is DONT CALL IT CASTING!!!!! That is an insult to the entertainment business all the way back to Shakespeare. Call it hiring or the "Two finger point to position 32B"
    “Tragedy is when I cut my finger. Comedy is when you walk into an open sewer and die.” ~ Mel Brooks

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by Disney Village View Post
    Well, to be fair, it is a (to quote Dr. Evil) "One Billion Dollar" patch .
    Oh, don't get me wrong, DCA will improve. They've learned not to recreate contemporary settings but create a timeless world in another era. Hollywood may not be my cup of tea as I'm not a big fan of the studios concept (which let's face it, is a big excuse to advertise modern films and shows), but a 1940s Hollywood backlot would be better.

The Victorian Paradise Pier sounds promising with the Wonderful World of Color and Toy Story Mania. 3D isn't my favorite thing in the world but again, big improvement.

The whole California theme is personally not as appealling as a futuristic theme or a seven seas concept, but if they can pull it off DCA might actually become a park you'd want to pay to add to your annual pass.

I hope they don't force people into a two park pass though in case it still sucks.

• Fastest Man Alive

Quote Originally Posted by bobsledbob View Post
    "In an attempt to stem the tide, Human Resources is now trying out ways to not hold the new hires accountable for their actions during their first month on the job in an attempt to get them to stick around a bit longer. For the first 30 days on the job, new Cast Members no longer get marked late when they are tardy for a scheduled shift. While older Cast Members get docked 1.5 points on Disneyland's attendance policy, a new Cast Member doesn't get any points charged to them regardless of how late they may be to their shifts."
    They'd better not. This is a bad idea on so many levels. Making proper attendance 'optional' is horrific. Plus it already builds in bad behaviors to the CMs, ie.. they get used to being late. So instead of being in first 30 days, now it takes 45 days. That's not success.
    Here's an idea, how about trying to retain existing quality cast members?
    "If we cut the budget are you going to be the one standing at the exit explaining to guests why the ride they just rode is a piece of crap?" - - John Lasseter

• n/a

Call me crazy... I may not be a financial genius BUT

If you PAY MORE you can be pickier in your hiring. If you PAY MORE castmembers would want to work more, thus making it unnecessary to hire more less qualified people. If they had a smaller (and better quality) group of CMs then turnover rates would go down.

In the long run, one would think it'd be cheaper to have smaller well paid all star team than huge group underpaid of slack jawed yokels.
    “Tragedy is when I cut my finger. Comedy is when you walk into an open sewer and die.” ~ Mel Brooks

• Fastest Man Alive

Quote Originally Posted by demento57 View Post
    Call me crazy... I may not be a financial genius BUT

If you PAY MORE you can be pickier in your hiring. If you PAY MORE castmembers would want to work more, thus making it unnecessary to hire more less qualified people. If they had a smaller (and better quality) group of CMs then turnover rates would go down.

In the long run, one would think it'd be cheaper to have smaller well paid all star team than huge group underpaid of slack jawed yokels.
    Well... your name is 'demento57' and you have a picture of the Mad Hatter as your avatar, so it is very very tempting to call you crazy. But....you are right on the money. Perhaps a savant?
    "If we cut the budget are you going to be the one standing at the exit explaining to guests why the ride they just rode is a piece of crap?" - - John Lasseter

• n/a

Quote Originally Posted by Wally View Post
    Well... your name is 'demento57' and you have a picture of the Mad Hatter as your avatar, so it is very very tempting to call you crazy. But....you are right on the money. Perhaps a savant?
    I = flattered

Quote Originally Posted by SpokkerJones View Post
    Oh, don't get me wrong, DCA will improve. They've learned not to recreate contemporary settings but create a timeless world in another era. Hollywood may not be my cup of tea as I'm not a big fan of the studios concept (which let's face it, is a big excuse to advertise modern films and shows), but a 1940s Hollywood backlot would be better.

The Victorian Paradise Pier sounds promising with the Wonderful World of Color and Toy Story Mania. 3D isn't my favorite thing in the world but again, big improvement.

The whole California theme is personally not as appealling as a futuristic theme or a seven seas concept, but if they can pull it off DCA might actually become a park you'd want to pay to add to your annual pass.

I hope they don't force people into a two park pass though in case it still sucks.
    Well DCA is poor for a Disney Park but it dosent exactly suck. Not at all.

What I hope they do is plus. Plus, plus, and plus some more. And if some crappy area in the park gets in the way of the plussing, thats when they pull out the bulldozer.

I cant wait to see the changes!

• In Technicolor!

Quote Originally Posted by 3rdshiftCM View Post
    as soon as WDW catches up to the DLR on upkeep and maintenence, the WDW bashing will end, until then sorry charlie.
    Ok. (can I hold you to that promise? )

I just get tired of the endless "DL is better than WDW" harping, just because the person only knows about DL. Calling out WDW, or any Disney park, on their particular faults with the intent of shedding light on them in hopes of getting them fixed is fine. Dog-pile-bashing for pure sport gets old quickly. Why wouldn't all of us want the best for any/all of the Disney parks?

... and it's Ward, not charlie.
    These are the games that never end.

• I love my family!

Quote Originally Posted by Ward View Post
    Ok. (can I hold you to that promise? )

I just get tired of the endless "DL is better than WDW" harping, just because the person only knows about DL. Calling out WDW, or any Disney park, on their particular faults with the intent of shedding light on them in hopes of getting them fixed is fine. Dog-pile-bashing for pure sport gets old quickly. Why wouldn't all of us want the best for any/all of the Disney parks?

... and it's Ward, not charlie.
    I love going to WDW, this year marks my 3rd trip in 3 years and 6th overall, I just get upset with the condition of the parks.

Managment has this more is better attitude and that leaves what's already there to die on the vine. The Great Movie ride being the best example, I love that ride but, everything is so out of date now and the AA's are in horrible condition.

DL has always had to fix and improve on what they had because there wasn't the money to build build build.
    Now WDW is learning that that really is the best way to encourage people to return.

I really hope that WDW decides that DL's way is what works best and starts a clean up project for the parks.

here's to hoping.

Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2345678 ... LastLast