Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• MiceChat News Team
    • Top Shelf!

BANZAI INSTITUTE for Biomedical Engineering and Strategic Information

'HSM 2' World Premiere at DTD AMC Theatres 8/14/07

News -Downtown Disney

Disney's High School Musical 2 World Premiere Set for Downtown Disney at Disneyland Resort Tuesday, August 14

ANAHEIM, Calif. – July 26, 2007 – The biggest splash of the summer, the world premiere of Disney Channel's highly-anticipated High School Musical 2, will be hosted at AMC Theatres in Downtown Disney at Disneyland Resort on Tuesday, August 14.

It will be the latest highlight of the ongoing Year of a Million Dreams celebration at the Resort, and the newest chapter in the unparalleled worldwide popularity of High School Musical. The phenomenon has even extended into Disney’s California Adventure, where High School Musical has jumped out into the park as a live show.

Stars of the movie, along with director-choreographer Kenny Ortega and other celebrity guests will walk the carpet in Downtown Disney prior to the 6:00pm screening. Following the Downtown Disney festivities, they will attend an invitation-only poolside party at Disney’s Grand Californian Hotel & Spa. High School Musical 2 follows other high-profile premieres hosted at the Disneyland Resort, including all three Pirates of the Caribbean films. This will mark the first time a movie made especially for Disney Channel has been premiered at the Resort.

Kids, tweens and families have found the first movie's appealing music, charismatic cast and high-energy dancing irresistible. Rich Ross, president of Disney Channel Worldwide, said, "What better way to celebrate this movie than to have its world premiere screening at the happiest place on earth!"

The music and spirited fun of the High School Musical movie have been entertaining park guests throughout the current Year of a Million Dreams celebration at Disneyland Resort in Southern California and Walt Disney World Resort in Florida. During live daily performances of the High School Musical Pep Rally, an interactive sing-along street show, guests have been catching Wildcat fever as they learn lively cheers and cool dance moves from the hit movie's popular songs. And inspired by the sequel, a brand new High School Musical 2: School’s Out! show will spring to life in Disney’s California Adventure beginning Saturday, August 18.

"We've seen the amazing popularity of High School Musical firsthand as our guests enthusiastically participate in the Pep Rally," said Ed Grier, President of the Disneyland Resort. "Needless to say, High School Musical 2 now brings new opportunities for our guests to further engage in the High School Musical phenomenon.”

Reprising their singing and dancing roles in the movie sequel are: Zac Efron as star athlete Troy Bolton, Vanessa Hudgens as brainy transfer student Gabriella Montez, Ashley Tisdale as drama club diva Sharpay Evans, Lucas Grabeel as her brother and on-stage partner Ryan Evans, Corbin Bleu as teammate and best friend Chad Danforth and Monique Coleman as academic decathlete Taylor McKessie. Also returning are Alyson Reed as Ms. Darbus, Chris Warren, Jr. as Zeke Baylor, Olesya Rulin as Kelsi Nielsen, KayCee Stroh as Martha Cox, Ryne Sanborn as Jason and Bart Johnson as Coach Bolton. Mark L. Taylor joins the cast as the country club manager, Mr. Fulton.

In the contemporary movie musical High School Musical 2, the Wildcats are back. This time, school's out and East High School hoops star Troy Bolton, A-student Gabriella Montez and the rest of the Wildcats are getting ready for a fun summer vacation. But that all changes when scheming drama queen Sharpay Evans uses her dad's connections to get Troy a job at Lava Springs, their ritzy country club, and a chance at a college basketball scholarship. The catch? He'll have to turn his back on his friends and pair up with Sharpay in a musical extravaganza for the club's annual talent show. But when Gabriella and the Wildcats start making plans without Troy, he must decide where his loyalties truly lie.

High School Musical 2, part of the blockbuster Disney Channel Original Movie franchise, premieres Friday, August 17 (8:00 p.m., ET/PT) on Disney Channel U.S., and will be featured Saturday and Sunday, August 18 and 19, in online and on-air programming events hosted by the movie's cast. It will also premiere on Disney Channels around the world beginning in September.
    Disney Channel is a 24-hour kid-driven, family inclusive television network that taps into the world of kids and families through original series and movies. Currently available on basic cable in over 90 million U.S. homes and to millions of other viewers on 27 Disney Channels around the world, Disney Channel is part of the Disney-ABC Television Group.

Disneyland Resort features two spectacular theme parks – Disneyland (the original Disney theme park) and Disney's California Adventure – plus the Downtown Disney district comprised of unique dining, entertainment and shopping experiences. Resort hotels include the luxurious 745-room Disney's Grand Californian Hotel, the magical 990-room Disneyland Hotel and the "day at the beach" fun of the 502-room Disney's Paradise Pier Hotel. For Resort information call (714) 781-4565.
    # # #
    SOURCE Disney Channel
    Last edited by ALIASd; 07-27-2007 at 10:35 PM.

• MiceChat News Team
    • Top Shelf!

Re: 'HSM 2' World Premiere at DTD AMC Theatres 8/14/07

There was a production meeting at the AMC Theatres today at 9:30AM to discuss physical set-up and logistical needs for the Premiere event. They are looking at a 3-hour set-up and are planning on one-hour to strike the set. A few different DLR department representatives were present.

Later that morning these three CMs were measuring from the driveway drop-off to the Theatre entrance for red carpet, signage, security, etc. also for the event.

• MiceChat News Team
    • Top Shelf!

High School Musical 2: School's Out!

To celebrate the upcoming release of the highly anticipated Disney Channel Original Movie, ”High School Musical 2,” the High School Musical Pep Rally is undergoing an exciting transformation.

The show will re-open on August 18, 2007 with brand-new fun, brand-new energy, brand-new dancing and a brand-new name — High School Musical 2: School's Out!

• Scentsy Minion

Blog Entries

Too...much...HSM! But that's just me being *meh* to the movie.

Thanks for the updates, ALIASd!

hey i bet tons of people will be a dtd trying to get a glimpse of the stars. but a pool party? i dunno.
    If we chase the stars to lose our shadow, Peter Pan and Wendy turned out fine.

• Circle of Ancients

Aww shucks, I can't go. I'll be heading up to Santa Clara for a business trip.

But I'll make sure the woman and the kids know.

• Sunshine is the best!!!

Blog Entries

I will have to see if I can take the kids. They would LOVE to be there.

Thanks for the info!!
    *When a friend is in trouble, don't annoy him by asking if there is anything you can do. Think up something appropriate and do it.

• MiceChat News Team
    • Top Shelf!

Quote Originally Posted by jesjas03 View Post
    hey i bet tons of people will be a dtd trying to get a glimpse of the stars. but a pool party? i dunno.
    Following the Downtown Disney festivities, they will attend an invitation-only poolside party at Disney’s Grand Californian Hotel & Spa.
    This is the DLR. It's not your average chips-in-a-bowl and hang-your-towel-in-the-fence kind of event.

• MiceChat News Team
    • Top Shelf!

More pre-production measuring today for the Premiere next week:

I'll be going to this... and I have a room at the GCH!

• MiceChat News Team
    • Top Shelf!

Disney's "High School Musical 2" World Premiere - Arrivals
    August 14, 2007 - Downtown Disney
    Anaheim, CA USA

PHOTO GALLERIES AT:
    http://www.wireimage.com/GalleryListing.asp?navtyp=gls====284455&nbc1=1

• MiceChat News Team
    • Thanking the Academy

Blog Entries

Hmmmm . . . Corbin Bleu was conspicuously absent from the evening's festivities.

• MiceChat News Team
    • Top Shelf!

Quote Originally Posted by disneytim View Post
    Hmmmm . . . Corbin Bleu was conspicuously absent from the evening's festivities.
    Boy, was my niece bummed about that yesterday!

He's still on tour with Aly & AJ and Drake Bell on the other side of the country.

FYI - Vanessa Hudgens guests on 'Live with Regis & Kelly' tomorrow AM.

• MiceChat News Team
    • Top Shelf!

Premiere is 'Musical' to their ears

Fred Prouser, Reuters
    Mixing work with pleasure: Co-stars Zac Efron and Vanessa Hudgens
    had little to say on the blue carpet about their relationship.

By William Keck
    USA TODAY
    August 16, 2007

ANAHEIM, Calif. — Made-for-television movies rarely warrant splashy premieres. But there was one biggie Tuesday at Disneyland that was attended by a supermodel, a country music singer, a British pop star and her superstar soccer-player husband.

Avoiding the royal-blue arrivals carpet, David and Victoria "Posh Spice" Beckham snuck in to Downtown Disney's AMC Theaters with their sons (and bodyguards) to see Disney Channel's sequel to last year's hugely successful High School Musical.

Leaving her husband behind to surf in Malibu, Cindy Crawford arrived via helicopter with daughter Kaya, 5, and son Presley, 8.

And with a carpet lined with thousands of young fans — some of whom had been camped out since the previous day — Billy Ray Cyrus took a back seat to daughter (and Disney Channel's Hannah Montana superstar) Miley Cyrus, who received almost as many cheers as Musical's top draw, Zac Efron (Troy).

Such a fan of the franchise is Miley that she begged for a role and ended up flying herself out to the Salt Lake City set last March to take part in a dance sequence. "I flew out in a plane that was so small I was scared to death," said Miley, wearing a glittery, hot-pink gown. (Dad was in an open shirt embroidered with a big red rose.) "I had my dog with me, and they tried to kick my dog off the plane. I called my best friend (Musical star) Ashley (Tisdale) in tears."
    The Musical fun will continue soon, with the entire cast expected to sign on for a big-screen High School Musical feature.

"It's going to be prom night, graduation," said Hudgens. "They're writing the script now. No one's signed on yet, but if it's good, of course we'll all come back. And that would be the end."
    Meaning no College Musical, confirmed Hudgens: "No, no, no."

But the franchise's director, Kenny Ortega, sees no end in sight. He walked the carpet holding his dog, Manly, who plays Boi. He said the third installment, to begin shooting in January for an October 2008 release, will combine many elements — including a previously proposed Halloween story line. "It is about the last year in the life of the Wildcats in high school," said Ortega. "But if the studio wants to play with the concept later, I'm open to anything."
    Full article available at:
    http://www.usatoday.com/life/people/...premiere_N.htm

• MiceChat News Team
    • Top Shelf!

'High School Musical 2' premieres

Efron, Tisdale, Hudgens all on hand
    View Photo Gallery
    (1 of 5 photos)

'High School Musical 2' star Ashley Tisdale at the premiere.

By Michael Speier, Elsa Bertet
    Variety
    August 16, 2007

HOLLYWOOD -- As if anyone needed proof that the "High School Musical" phenomenon has officially "gone Hollywood," attendees at Tuesday's premiere included the Beckhams, and the show adhered to Hollywood Standard Time, starting almost an hour late.

Delay aside, the night satisfied the hoards of screaming tweens who packed downtown Disneyland as early as 2 p.m. just to catch a glimpse of Zac Efron, Ashley Tisdale, Vanessa Hudgens and Lucas Grabeel walking the blue carpet.

Before the screening, Efron, who has clearly become the breakout star (Rolling Stone cover, "Hairspray," upcoming "Footloose" remake), spoke about the perks of popularity. "All I know is that instead of watching the Disney parade, I totally got to be in it today, so I'm pretty stoked," he enthused.

Efron joined the entire cast onstage at the after-party held at the Grand Californian hotel. After director Kenny Ortega gave props to team Disney and all the "HSM" hotties, the curtain went up on Disneyland's live presentation based on the franchise.
    With a stage show, a concert tour, a sequel, lunch boxes and backpacks, it seems there can never be enough "HSM."
    http://www.variety.com/vstory/VR1117...goryid=38&cs=1

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast