• MiceChat News Team
    • Thanking the Academy

Blog Entries

Do You Believe? 'Fairy Haven' Flits Into Bookstores Today

Today, Disney Publishing Worldwide releases Fairy Haven and the Quest for the Wand by Gail Carson Levine, the sequel to her best-selling Fairy Dust and the Quest for the Egg. It's the latest release in the Disney Fairies franchise, which introduces preteen girls to the adventures of Tinker Bell and her friends from Never Land's Pixie Hollow.

Adhering to an environmental theme, Fairy Haven and the Quest for the Wand will tie in with a "My Fairy Haven" promotion encouraging children to beautify and protect the nature around them.

"Disney Fairies -- each with their own talent and personality, hopes and dreams -- are ideal role models for the tween set," said Jeanne Mosure, senior vice president, global publisher, Disney Publishing Worldwide. "Gail Carson Levine has once again created a world filled with rich characters that inspires and encourages children to believe anything is possible."

Disney continues to release Fairies-themed products leading up to the direct-to-DVD release of Tinker Bell in fall 2008.

Source: MarketWatch

• Faith, Trust & Pixie dust

Re: Do You Believe? 'Fairy Haven' Flits Into Bookstores Today

I just saw it in my bookstore and it looks great. They produced too many of the first one though, and there were tons of remainders that were marked down to $5.95, so I may wait a few months and pick it up then.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • has a brand new mindset

Re: Do You Believe? 'Fairy Haven' Flits Into Bookstores Today

We nearly picked this up last night at Borders, but I had forgotten my 30% off coupon! Tink nearly cried, but I reminded her that it was HER money and if she wanted to spend an extra $5, then be my guest. She opted to wait!

"Fairy Dust" was her first major book to have read (long with deeper plot development) and the fact that it was Tinker Bell made it even better. We've been waiting for this one to come out!

I can't wait to see the "My Fairy Haven" promotion!!
    I love my awesome crazy wonderful friends!!

"Do you remember in kindergarten, how you’d meet a kid,
    then 10 seconds later you’d be playing like you were best friends?"