• Top Shelf!

BANZAI INSTITUTE for Biomedical Engineering and Strategic Information

The New American Heart Throb

Zac Efron: The New American Heart Throb

--Excerpt from Issue 1033

By Neil Strauss
    Rolling Stone
    Posted Aug 09, 2007 11:31 AM
    "If I had to hear the High School Musical songs anymore," he confesses, "I probably would have jumped off something very tall."

It's not that Efron isn't grateful. He knows that High School Musical transformed him from television-drama walk-in to leading man. That's why he's starring in the sure-to-be-a-hit sequel, which premieres on Disney on August 17th, in which the East High kids go to a summer country club and a Disneyfied class war ensues. However, Efron now has the clout to play by his own rules, so he fought Disney -- and won -- in order to be allowed to sing on the movie and album this time around.
    http://www.rollingstone.com/news/sto...an_heart_throb

• Minion

Blog Entries

Re: The New American Heart Throb

he definatly is a cutie, i'm starting to agree with my little cousin who is obsessed with him.

• MiceChat News Team
    • Thanking the Academy

Blog Entries

From Time Magazine:

How Zac Efron Became the Cutest Guy Ever
    By JOEL STEIN/LOS ANGELES

What happened to the coarsening of our culture? By now, to be a teen heartthrob, you should have done time in rehab, videotaped yourself having sex or been shot in the face at least once. But instead we've gone backward, from Frank Sinatra to Elvis Presley to Leonardo DiCaprio to Justin Timberlake to Zac Efron. By 2020, 12-year-old girls will be decorating their lockers with photos of the surgeon general.
    Though he masks it with charm, Efron pushes hard, maybe a little too hard, on the normal-guy thing. He frets about coming off as arrogant. He lives in a rented apartment in the Valley--not even a nice part of the Valley--which he cleans himself, or, more accurately, doesn't. He says he has no interest in fame, which is why he is one of the few High School Musical stars not to have signed a record contract. And why he refuses to have lunch at the Ivy, where people go to be shot by paparazzi. "I can get an equally good sandwich at Quiznos: the honey mustard chicken sandwich with bacon on whole wheat. It's pretty cheap. If I buy a foot-long sandwich, it's like two meals." No, two made-for-TV movies and a role in Hairspray won't make you rich, but still, dude can buy a panini.
    "He radiates this sense of attainability--as if anyone who meets him can be his friend," says Gary March, the entertainment president of the Disney Channel. "That's not something you learn in acting class. That's something you're born with." High School Musical co-star Monique Coleman says, "He also has a way of wooing the women by including them. By making every single girl feel like they could be his girlfriend."
    http://www.time.com/time/magazine/ar...653663,00.html

• MiceChat News Team
    • Top Shelf!

BANZAI INSTITUTE for Biomedical Engineering and Strategic Information

Joel Stein is dreamy & too funny, always enjoy reading his stuff.
    "If you don't know how to draw, you don't belong in this building" - John Lasseter 2006

• World Traveler

Oh my.