• MiceChat News Team
    • Top Shelf!

BANZAI INSTITUTE for Biomedical Engineering and Strategic Information

'Camp Rock' : Disney Channel Original Movie

'Camp Rock' - A Disney Channel Original Movie - 2008
    from Alan Sacks Productions ('Pixel Perfect')

Starring
    Anna Maria Perez de Tagle ('Hannah Montana', 'Higglytown Heroes')
    Demi Lovato ('As The Bell Rings')
    Meaghan Jette Martin ('The Suite Life of Zack and Cody')

In other Disney Channel news, two more original movies, "Minutemen," starring Jason Dolley, and "Camp Rock" have been greenlit for next year, while Disney Channel Italy's "Quelli dell'intervallo" will be reworked for U.S. auds as "As the Bell Rings."
    http://www.variety.com/article/VR111...uery=camp+rock

The Disney Music Group will be onsite at this year's RoadShow event to present to you all of our hottest upcoming music properties.

Please join us to hear about how your brand can become our partner on these exciting new music projects: From Disney Channel Original Movies "Camp Rock" & "Cheetah Girls 3" to Disney Channel TV Series Hannah Montana to top Disney artists, Miley Cyrus, The Jonas Brothers, Vanessa Hudgens, The Plain White Ts and much MORE!

RoadShow takes place from September 18-20 and promotional opportunities from five music companies will be presented throughout the entire three-day event.

See you at RoadShow!

Damon Whiteside
    Sr. VP, Marketing -- Walt Disney Records

Rob Souriall
    VP, Strategic Marketing & Promotions -- Hollywood Records
    http://www.micechat.com/forums/showthread.php?t=75659

PRODUCTION BEGINS ON "MINUTEMEN"
    AND "CAMP ROCK,"
    DISNEY CHANNEL ORIGINAL MOVIES FOR 2008

BURBANK, July 14, 2007. . . Two movies, "Minutemen" and "Camp Rock," will begin production for premiere in 2008 as part of the blockbuster Disney Channel Original Movie franchise. For the past five years, "DCOMs," as they're well-known to kids and families, have been the year's #1 movie across all basic cable among kids age 6-14. The announcement was made today by Gary Marsh, President, Entertainment, Disney Channel Worldwide.

Sixteen-year-old Jason Dolley of Disney Channel's hit comedy series "Cory in the House" crosses over to star in "Minutemen," a comedy/sci-fi/adventure about three high school kids who invent a time machine to spare others just like them from the humiliation they've endured. Lev L. Spiro ("Ugly Betty," "Everybody Hates Chris") is set to direct from a script written by David Diamond, David Weissman ("Family Man"), John Killoran with revisions by Tom Burkhard. The executive producers are Andrew Gunn ("Freaky Friday"), Ann Marie Sanderlin ("Sky High") and Doug Sloan ("Johnny Kapahala: Back on Board").

"Camp Rock," scheduled to begin production in September, centers on a teen girl who desperately wants to spend her summer at a prestigious rock camp, but can only attend if she works in the kitchen as one of the cooks. When she's overheard singing but not seen -- by a teen pop star at the camp, he is completely taken and sets out to find the girl behind the beautiful voice. But first she must confront her fears, step out of the kitchen and into the spotlight. The movie was written by Julie Brown ("Earth Girls Are Easy") and Paul Brown, Regina Hicks and Karen Gist ("Jump In!"). Emmy Award winner and Academy Award nominee Matthew Diamond ("Desperate Housewives," "Men in Trees") is set to direct. Alan Sacks (Disney Channel's award-winning "The Color of Friendship") is the executive producer.

Disney Channel is a 24-hour kid-driven, family inclusive television network that taps into the world of kids and families through original series and movies. Currently available on basic cable in over 90 million U.S. homes and to millions of other viewers on 27 Disney Channels around the world, Disney Channel is part of the Disney-ABC Television Group.
    Last edited by ALIASd; 09-03-2007 at 09:07 PM.

• MiceChat News Team
    • Top Shelf!

BANZAI INSTITUTE for Biomedical Engineering and Strategic Information

Re: 'Camp Rock' : Disney Channel Original Movie

Disney spree for Jonas sibs

By Kimberly Nordyke
    The Hollywood Reporter
    September 25, 2007

Meanwhile, Disney Channel also has officially greenlighted "Camp Rock" after having been in the works for a few months. The music-filled original movie, which is in production in Toronto, stars the Jonases as members of a leading musical group, Connect 3, who are celebrity guest counselors at a prestigious summer camp for aspiring musicians. "Camp Rock" is directed by Matthew Diamond from a script by Julie Brown, Paul Brown, Regina Hicks and Karen Gist. It premieres in summer 2008.
    As for "Camp Rock," Marsh pointed out that music has become a big part of Disney Channel's programming, citing other original movies such as the "High School Musical" and "Cheetah Girls" franchises.

"Music really has become a fundamental building block of the Disney Channel -- it's part of our DNA," he said. " 'Camp Rock' and the Jonas Brothers are a great next step in building that profile."
    full article at:
    http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/hr/...5b7525357914ea

Hey. I can tell you this much, this movie is gonna be a big hit. It was filmed in my area, at local camps and such. I got to be an extra three times. And Max (an actor) said I have some talent. I got to walk past ummm Jo? And they seem cool, we were told not to talk to them and treat them normally, and that the only way we could speak with them was if they spoke to us first. Which was odd. If they were being treated as normal people then they wouldnt have to be all ruled out. Yes, I understand of security risks and such, and the obsessed people from my school from which would like ambush the poor guys. But really, I was cool with it but for the Jonas brothers I feel bad for them, not being able to just be themselves and just be one of the guys and also having to be treated like a three year old kid with a set of protective parents (metaphorically speaking) But also in my small town they must'e been REALLY bored as nothing happens much here.
    To the Jonas good luck with your film and your music.
    To the casting and crew thanks for the experience of a lifetime.
    M outlook on movies and the media are forever changed (in a nw direction)

ALL THE BEST

KT (katie turriff)

Girl in Green
    Girl with red love shirt

oh. And girl in lunch hall, aqual marine hoodie you cant miss it

• Resident Ghost

Ohhh, hooray! Another set of crappy Disney Channel Originals!

you're mean. this director did a fantastic job on this movie. this movie is going to be a month and a half of filming non stop then theres editing and such, so if you're gonna say anything say something nicer. Everyone has their opinions and I see what you're saying but Disney Bacon please keep it nice