Page 1 of 14 123411 ... LastLast

• MiceAge Columnist
    • MiceAge Founder & Editor

Blog Entries

8/28: Defending the Kingdom

Finally! DCA=Disney Changes All, GardenWalk Talk, Refresh & Renew, Paradise 2.0, Gay Days, A great big beautiful Tomorrow, More... Discuss it all here!
    "Politics is the profession whereby the inevitable is made to seem a great human achievement" - Quentin Crisp

• Defying gravity

Re: 8/28: Defending the Kingdom

Yay, first post!

(I will post opinions later, just wanted to get the first comment.)

• The Uber Film Geek

New Tomorrowland E-ticket in the distant future, eh? Hmmm.... I just hope they keep the dioramas!
    My DVDs
    "Every view they hold on you's a piano out of tune
    You're an angel, you're a demon, you're just.... human." - James, Lullaby

• Defying Gravity

Great update.

But I got just one tiny correction.

There is nothing fancy or chic about H&M, think Gap with way less denim. The stores are the same kind of mess with 30 identical pieces of cheap blouses stuffed together on a rack....
    You say Im a bitch like its a bad thing.

London BABY!!

• Knight that says Nee!!

Maybe I misunderstood, but I really don't see how a Little Mermaid dark ride "strengthens the presence of San Francisco" in DCA. Don't get me wrong, I like the idea of a new dark ride and Little Mermaid would work well, but a connection with SF? I just don't see it.

Quote Originally Posted by Goofy Daddy View Post
    Maybe I misunderstood, but I really don't see how a Little Mermaid dark ride "strengthens the presence of San Francisco" in DCA. Don't get me wrong, I like the idea of a new dark ride and Little Mermaid would work well, but a connection with SF? I just don't see it.

I understand what you are saying but I think Al meant strengthen the presence of the "San Francisco" area/land in DCA, not characteristics of San Francisco the city.

As of right now, the "big draw" is the Golden Dreams theatre. By adding the Little Mermaid and a *genius* preview center in the empty buildings, the "San Francisco" area will have more of a draw/presence when all is said and done.
    Last edited by ROBONICS95; 08-28-2007 at 07:52 AM.

• Sarcastic Enthusiast

Very exciting stuff. Of interest is the unique situation with the hotels and GardenWalk. I'm particularly curious on how that will play out.
    MagicalTrash.com - Documenting the trash cans of Disney theme parks and resorts

•   
    • Skeevy Ray Vaughan

Wow!

Most of the changes to DCA have me Grinning on an early week morning. Thanks Al! Fixing DCA and Tomorrowland? Sounds like a Disney fan's dream come true.

Chad

• Minion

Wow. What an exciting line-up of changes!

I do hope the Rockets will go back up on the platform in the Tomorrowland redo - - and perhaps the Pirate Ship and Skull Rock can return to Fantasyland along with the Sleeping Beauty Castle Diorama.

The new projected animation effects in Alice are wonderful and I hope all the dark rides benefit similarly. (Also, I love to see the storybook sign on Alice return to the classic attraction poster art that was originally conceived for it).

A few more scenic things I'd like to see around the park: Cascade Falls (Rivers of America), Cinderella's Coach (Skyway hill?), the Nautilus (Motor Boat lagoon?), Mary Poppins Jolly Holiday Tea Garden (Carnation Plaza Gardens) - - and maybe the Dragon in her cave.

I know Swiss Family Robinson in their treeouse is a more remote hope, but I still hope for it - - along with Tahitian Terrace and the Golden Horseshoe Revue.

In DCA's Hollywood, I hope they find room for Walt's Hyperion Studios and the Brown Derby hat (I'd also like to see the Coconut Grove and Pan Pacific, though those may be out of period).

Any plans for a DCA berm or backdrop to hide the hotels and powerlines?

• I'm not really here

Wow, you sure know how to brighten up a Tuesday morning Al! Thanks for the amazing update. And thanks for the photos photo people (you know who you are).

Things, as they say, are definitely afoot! Wow. I am so excited that the empty shallow shop windows are being recreated as actual stores and experiences. I think that is one of the best ideas. And the preview center is so perfect it can't be expressed.

I am ecstatic that the Little Mermaid ride will be going into DCA. Even knowing that it will probably be quite a bit different from the ride on the DVD, it will still be amazing and worthy of its history. That explains Ed's comments at the Nemo opening about Tony and the wonderful Mermaid ride.

The plans for Tomorrowland are wonderful news. It is so nice to know that the people who really do care for and love the parks are those in positions of significant power now. It is even nicer to know that they are willing to use their positions to fix things up and continue the legacy of the Disney name... constantly moving forward and making things better, opening new doors, etc.

Recreating HPB into an actual Hollywood circa 1930 is awesome! Finally the Tower of Terror will really fit in, and that drab wall as you walk south will finally become something worthy of being on Disney property.

I really like the sound of a Ratatouille ride. And with the budgets being thrown around I think it will be themed and presented in a grand fashion.

All the hotel additions and changes are amazing. It truly seems like every department is in on this incredible expansion and plussing of the resort. That is why I am so confident in this all to finally push the resort to the front of all Disney parks. Finally, the whole Disney team working together to get things ship shape and Bristol fashion.

Thanks again to everyone who contributes to Al's updates, and thanks to Al for taking the time to track down the information and make sure it is accurate.

Our revels now are ended. These our actors, As I foretold you, were all spirits and Are melted into air, into thin air: And, like the baseless fabric of this vision, The cloud-capp'd towers, the gorgeous palaces, The solemn temples, the great globe itself, Yea, all which it inherit, shall dissolve And, like this insubstantial pageant faded, Leave not a rack behind. We are such stuff As dreams are made on, and our little life Is rounded with a sleep. mycroft16 on Twitter

• Parmageddon Jim

As long as the Ratatouille dark ride experience begins with an appreciation of food, and ends in a beautiful food setting, I think the Imagineers can cram as many alleyways, sewers, and rats as they want into the chase scene, and still have guests pouring into their beer garden like, well, like rats! Both times after seeing the movie, I wanted far too expensive dinners.

Great update Al, I'm looking forward to the San Francisco Preview House most of all. Like John, I really miss the one on Main Street. Any chance they'll dust off the Discovery Bay model?
    So full of Disney Magic, my eyes are blue.

Great update Al, I hope they go through with the preview center. I am really excited about a new E-ticket in Tomorrowland. I cant wait to read what WDI has up their sleeves. So since Disney is theming some of DCA to the 1920's and 1930's, is it true that it is going to become WALT Disney's California Adventure?

Thank you Mr. Lutz for the update

• Banned User

Wow.
    Huge news.
    Sad there is no news for Frontierland...
    I noticed you said Little Mermaid would be an omnimover, but wouldn't make more sense having it in the style of that of Peter Pan? I don't want it EXACTLY like that on the DVD, but at least the ride vehicle idea has me wishfully thinking.

As for the Rocket Jets, don't count on that moving back up on the platform, I doubt they have the budget to move it again plus make the platform reinforced..

I love the stuff happening with my 3rd favourite park (DCA) - I wonder if they will fix the mess with the end of ToT as you exit the building--WALL.

Hyperion being redone, couldn't have been sooner or better, my question is though, would an association really want to hold an awards show there? And if so, would they televise it? I can't imagine it being used for such, unless of course, they really plus it with what you told us Al.

I know, I'm jumping everywhere here, brer with me...

Star Tours 2.0, we knew.
    Tia Dalma in POTC? I hope that is not it- I want to see Will AND Elizabeth in here, as I think all of the updates have been great, minus Barbossa...PLEASE tell us he's being fixed much like Jack was at the end of the ride...

That's it for now

• Knight that says Nee!!

Quote Originally Posted by ROBONICS95 View Post
    I understand what you are saying but I think Al meant strengthen the presence of the "San Francisco" area/land in DCA, not characteristics of San Francisco the city.

As of right now, the "big draw" is the Golden Dreams theatre. By adding the Little Mermaid and a *genius* preview center in the empty buildings, the "San Francisco" area will have more of a draw/presence when all is said and done.
    Ah ha! I see what you're saying. Yes a nice/new dark ride in that area would make it more than a place I just walk past.

• Minion

>>As for the Rocket Jets, don't count on that moving back up on the platform, I doubt they have the budget to move it again plus make the platform reinforced.<<

Well, it's far too important as the centerpiece of the land - - and a much better ride experience up-high - - I'm sure it's doable if the creatives in charge agree that it's a vital image and energy. I hope they do.

Page 1 of 14 123411 ... LastLast