Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• Darkbeer

Blog Entries

Times Square World of Disney Store to possibly close and relocate - CNNMoney, 8/31/07

In a press release today from The Children's Place in regards to a second revision of the store standards with The Walt Disney Company, this was a major highlight.

http://money.cnn.com/news/newsfeeds/...ire/125923.htm

Also as previously discussed in the Company's August 23, 2007 press release, in consideration for these changes, the Company agreed to amend the original license agreement to allow Disney to relocate its flagship store in Manhattan and also relaxed the restrictions on Disney's ability to grant direct licenses for the sale of Disney merchandise to specialty retail stores other than children's specialty retail stores.
    Check out my Theme Park Photos at http://darkbeer.smugmug.com

• Huh?

Re: Times Square World of Disney Store to close and relocate - CNNMoney, 8/31/07

Am I missing something? It looks like they only have the ability to relocate if they wanted to... I'm not finding anything in the article that says that they are actually doing that.
    -Tim

• back to WDW in January

Re: Times Square World of Disney Store to close and relocate - CNNMoney, 8/31/07

The amendment basically gives Disney the right to move the store to a different location - if they so desire - sometime in the future.

Original thread posted here: http://www.micechat.com/forums/showthread.php?t=76003

• Huh?

That's what I thought... seems like it would be bad business for them to move out of Times Square.
    -Tim

• Minion

I honestly don't remember ever seeing a Disney store in Times Square.

Quote Originally Posted by kirbilicious View Post
    http://travel.yahoo.com/p-travelguid...ew_york_city-i
    Goodbye, Me Bizarro is not Monkey Joe. Me Bizarro hates Disney parks so much. Hello

• World Traveler

Umm ... World of Disney is not on Times Square. It's a little more uptown on Fifth Avenue. Also, there is a difference between "World of Disney Store" and the "Disney Store" as found in malls. The merchandise sold is VERY different.

Quote Originally Posted by kirbilicious View Post

There isn't one in Times Sq, it is on 5th Ave and 55th St. Not sure why Disney would even want to move it.

• Purple Crates ♥

I hope they don't move it until after Christmas at least.

• Too far from Disney World

Quote Originally Posted by mikeland View Post
    Umm ... World of Disney is not on Times Square. It's a little more uptown on Fifth Avenue. Also, there is a difference between "World of Disney Store" and the "Disney Store" as found in malls. The merchandise sold is VERY different.
    I was just at this World of Disney Store in the beginning of July. I was under the impression that this was one of the stores still owned by Disney directly? It is NOTHING like the regular mall Disney Stores!
    With great pride: Disney Store Cast Member August 2011-Present

D23 Charter Member - 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012

WDW Trips: June 2012, 2010, 2008, 2007, 1997, 1996, 1994

• Banned User

WoD is owned by Disney's Theme Parks division. They're like the ones in Anaheim, Lake Buena Vista, and Paris. This one has all of the merchandise from WDW.

• FuseMP

I think it would be a HUGE shame is World Of Disney NY were to close. I spent 4 days there in May and had a great time meeting characters and getting to know a few members of staff.

They are an actual part of WDW, they completely class themselves as WDW, have WDW name tags and sell all the WDW special pins and merchandise (nothing from DLR or DLRP).

It's also awesome there because they have photopass!!! How comes the shop gets Photopass and DIsney Paris doesn't??!?!??!?!
    CoHost of the Dedicated to DLP Podcast, part of the MiceChat MicePod Network
    www.facebook.com/FuseMP
    www.twitter.com/FuseMP

Quote Originally Posted by mikeland View Post

There is a Disney Store (not sure if it is "World of"). It is on 42nd Street, close to the New Amsterdam Theatre.

When "The Lion King" first opened, the Disney Store was HUGE. It had a special Lion King section where the wall actually lifted up and admitted you into the theatre, of course, to dump you out in the store on the way out to buy your overpriced goodies.

A couple years later the greatly reduced their space to a fairly small store right by the theatre. As far as I know, it is still there.

• World Traveler

Quote Originally Posted by SHowardcpa View Post
    A couple years later the greatly reduced their space to a fairly small store right by the theatre. As far as I know, it is still there.
    I was in NYC in early August of this year and walked by the New Amsterdam theater and there was NO Disney store nearby.

• Minion FOREVER!

World of Disney is at 5th Ave & 55th St. (website)

World of Disney's aren't part of the "Disney Store" line and as far as what I've heard, still part of
    WDC, but as part of the sale there was a MOU regarding the World of Disney Stores.

When Lion King opened, I distinctly remember hearing that it had a gift shop selling
    mostly Lion King items. I don't think that was ever an official Disney store.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast