Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

• Minion

Re: 9/6: Disneyland Paris Update

I doubt Disney will be motivated enough to make the change but WDS would do so much better if Star Tours and Indiana Jones moved to WDS from DLP. Star Tours in Discoveryland could be replaced with "Storm Rider" which uses a similar building and would be more thematically consistent. And the Indy coaster in Adventureland could pretty easily be rethemed as "Raging Spirits", while a proper Indy ride (a la Tokyo or Anaheim) is built in WDS.

• No honestly it is me

Quote Originally Posted by CaliforniaAdventurer View Post
    Considering Lucas is involved with re-vamping DL's Tomorrowland along with Star Tours 2.0 for DL and WDW, I'm certain the new attraction will go to DLP and TDL as well.
    Lets hope so! Depends how much it costs!

That makes a lot of sense to move the attraction to the Studios, although Lucas may prefer it in Discoveryland. I'm sure he prefers Star Tours at DL than DCA, I'm pretty sure it will stay in Tomorrowland in California at least.
    I guess it makes sense in DCA/DL as there is only a small Hollywood Studios section with limited space but in Paris the Studios has lots and lots of room!

• No honestly it is me

Quote Originally Posted by tasman View Post
    I doubt Disney will be motivated enough to make the change but WDS would do so much better if Star Tours and Indiana Jones moved to WDS from DLP. Star Tours in Discoveryland could be replaced with "Storm Rider" which uses a similar building and would be more thematically consistent. And the Indy coaster in Adventureland could pretty easily be rethemed as "Raging Spirits", while a proper Indy ride (a la Tokyo or Anaheim) is built in WDS.
    It's like you looked inside my head and stole all my thoughts! lol

• Stop That!

Like others I think it completely out of theme for Soarin to be shoe-horned into this park...why Soarin?
    While I have a very low opinion of Soarin' in the States, the appealing thing about it is the ability to change the ride-film. Even if they start with the current "California" film, they could eventually alter it to fit the Disney Studios theme (though this would require extra expense, so who knows).

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by BoogaFrito View Post
    While I have a very low opinion of Soarin' in the States, the appealing thing about it is the ability to change the ride-film. Even if they start with the current "California" film, they could eventually alter it to fit the Disney Studios theme (though this would require extra expense, so who knows).
    Soarin' would be very appropriate for "Discoveryland"...they should put it there and bring Buzz Lightyear to WDS. But of course they won't.

I don't know how fascinated the French would be with Soarin. There is a great museum / discovery center near Paris called City of Sciences or something like that. One of the main attractions is a giant sphere the size of Spaceship Earth that houses a hemispherical screen. The Audience sits on rows of seats arranged on a incline in front of the screen. The films used are similar to Soarin. Maybe Alain would know more about this attraction and how similar or dissimilar it is to Soarin.

• Circle of Ancients

Blog Entries

Smile Re: 9/6: Disneyland Paris Update

Quote Originally Posted by yesitsme View Post
    It's like you looked inside my head and stole all my thoughts! lol
    No Tasman stole those ideas from MY head.

• Minion

No Tasman stole those ideas from MY head.
    But I left no fingerprints...so you can't prove it....nyah nyah

• No honestly it is me

But I left no fingerprints...so you can't prove it....nyah nyah
    Your right we don't have fingerprints but we do have your written confession above!

• Circle of Ancients

Blog Entries

[quote=yesitsme;2130346]Lets hope so! Depends how much it costs!
    quote]

It would be highly unusual to have 2.0 version in the states and the 1985 version running in Paris and Tokyo.

I know the Japanese management of TDR would never stand for an aging old school version, if there were something newer, better, shinier available.

And I bet Lucas wants to see uniformity in the Disney parks. He doesn't want the old version playing at one park and the new version in all the others.

So considering all this, and the fact that DLP is doing pretty well but the Studios are sorely lacking in attractions, it seems pretty logical that the attraction could move to the other park.

It won't be pried loose from the original Disneyland park in California, but I could really see it moving over in France.

• Minion

^^ I read quite some while ago about the new version Star Tours headed to Tokyo (in fact, there is a rumor that the whole of Tokyo's tomorrowland will get a facelift in the foreseeable future). So that just leaves Paris. However as Alain stated it might be a while before WDS gets anything, what with Toon Studios opening this year and TOT / Hollywood Blvd next year. Disney will want a few years to make money on these investments before embarking on new projects.

• No honestly it is me

Disney will want a few years to make money on these investments before embarking on new projects.
    That would make sense but I'm not so sure they will stick to that.

If TOT and Toon Studios has the desired effect of substantially increasing attendance at WDS, and it looks like this is happening already and TOT has yet to open, then I think they may decide to build on that success with some more additions.

The problem WDS has now is space. They simply don't have enough pathways, areas, lands etc to soak up the people so it's increadibly crowded. The Studios need to be made bigger at the same time as adding new attractions

Of course a whole Star Wars 'Land' would help

• Minion

^^ The big problem with WDS is not so much the lack of land...there is a lot of Disney land around the park...but the ridiculous layout. The current layout goes against all norms of good theme park design, and significant expansion will necessiate demolition of some of the current structures. Even if it were possible to shoe-horn several more major projects into the current small space, it will be difficult for the park to accomodate a proportionate increase in visitors.

• Pirate - G'har!

I think the only way the place can have a sensible structure is to build two more street sets behind Hollywood Blvd then another backlot-style 'studio section' at the back but even then

Lightbulb Re: 9/6: Disneyland Paris Update

^^ The big problem with WDS is not so much the lack of land...there is a lot of Disney land around the park...but the ridiculous layout. The current layout goes against all norms of good theme park design, and significant expansion will necessiate demolition of some of the current structures. Even if it were possible to shoe-horn several more major projects into the current small space, it will be difficult for the park to accomodate a proportionate increase in visitors.
    Not necesserally, if you cut out the actual tram tour station you can figure out some kind of enhanced main boulevard with a hub and spoke design. I perfectly understand your point though, WDS looks like today a 1/2 theme park, as if they had shelved for now the other half, north of the tram tour.
    If the current suits in Paris have not completely lost their mind and good sense, they can in the future "open" the park by shifting that dam.. tram tour station elsewhere. That was actually, a few years ago (prior to the opening of the park I think, back in the days they thought that could be a smashing succes), one possible plan with tram tour being rerouted.
    That's a reason why the actual station looks so temporary with its steel structure, but thanks the lord they have removed that HORRID sign on it !

I hope I make myself clear which I doubt however since I'm particularly tired today, my apologies

Lightbulb Re: 9/6: Disneyland Paris Update

Not necesserally, if you cut out the actual tram tour station you can figure out some kind of enhanced main boulevard with a hub and spoke design. I perfectly understand your point though, WDS looks like today a 1/2 theme park, as if they had shelved for now the other half, north of the tram tour.
    If the current suits in Paris have not completely lost their mind and good sense, they can in the future "open" the park by shifting that dam.. tram tour station elsewhere. That was actually, a few years ago (prior to the opening of the park I think, back in the days they thought that could be a smashing succes), one possible plan with tram tour being rerouted.
    That's a reason why the actual station looks so temporary with its steel structure, but thanks the lord they have removed that HORRID sign on it !

I hope I make myself clear which I doubt however since I'm particularly tired today, my apologies

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast