Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

• MiceAge Columnist
    • MiceAge Founder & Editor

Blog Entries

9/6: Disneyland Paris Update

Guest Columnist Alain Littaye catches you up on the Paris resort with lots of pictures. Discuss it all here!
    "Politics is the profession whereby the inevitable is made to seem a great human achievement" - Quentin Crisp

• former CM

If they do add a Soarin' to the Paris Studios, I hope Disney makes it "Soarin' Over Europe."

Too expensive for Disney? (Grrrr.)
    I think that many visitors to that park would also enjoy Disney seeing EPCOT's France film.

• Pirate - G'har!

Re: 9/6: Disneyland Paris Update

Pictures weren't very flattering hehe. I really hope they don't plonl Soarin' there as it would make no thematic sense. I think an updated Alien Encounter featuring the movie monster would be a far better option (complaints related to the attraction being in MK were massive, WDS is a much more sensible place and if it's clear it features the movie alien parents will know to stay away). For more information on my ideas for AE or Soarin' see the 'Alien Encounter at WDS' and 'Boarin'' threads...not that anyone will.I think the forced perspective thing will work myself but who knows

• Hopper's Mortal Enemy

Cool Re: 9/6: Disneyland Paris Update

If the Crush type coaster comes to the US, I have 2 words: 2 tracks.

A bientot.
    Remember
    What the dormouse said
    Feed your head!

You've read it; you can't unread it!

• hatbox ghost believer

Thumbs up Re: 9/6: Disneyland Paris Update

Great update! And thanks for the Easter Egg tip. I'll have to try that out.
    Jon A. Leslie
    nojarama
    http://www.nojarama.com

Ha ha ha, I'd recognize this building anywhere. It's on the corner of Hollywood and Highland, not too far from Disney's El Capitan theatre. The real building is actually empty inside, but it is rented out occasionally. Ironic that they'd choose it to be a facade.

• Pirate - G'har!

Looks like a facade on Google maps hehe

• Circle of Ancients

Blog Entries

Talking Re: 9/6: Disneyland Paris Update

Not only does DLP get their KEEL BOATS back in operation, but do they actually go the opposite direction around the Rivers of the Far West as the steamboat?

Sadly, only one derelict abandoned keel boat floats in the Rivers of America at Disneyland in Anaheim. It's not open to guests and it is just a sad reminder of a piece of the park's legacy being left to rot.

This is really good news that they refurbished them and put them back in. The Paris park was probably the last incarnation of the RIVERS of the Far West/America concept. Hong Kong Disneyland does not have a Frontierland or a steamboat, or a keel boat. Unless Pixar does an animated movie about talking boats of the wild west, I don't see them investing in these attractions at any future Disneyland style parks that may be developed overseas.

• Just this guy......

Quote Originally Posted by ralfrick View Post
    If the Crush type coaster comes to the US, I have 2 words: 2 tracks.

A bientot.
    That could work at WDW where they have lots and lots of space, but not out in Disneyland. Two tracks would not fit.

• Minion

Nice that DCA is getting a facelift...but the scale of those false fronts is totally out of sync with the Tower in the background. Hopefully a makeover similar to the one in planning for DCA's Hollywood section makes it over to Paris some day.

Like others I think it completely out of theme for Soarin to be shoe-horned into this park. This seems to be a characteristic of Disney at present...quality of rides and constructions have improved since the Eisner days, but no thought is given to whether a given ride fits the theme of its park or area (as evidenced by Al's recent DCA update). There are so many options for "movie" park that would be thematically consistent...Fantasmic, Philharmagic, theatrical presentation such as Aladdin, Indiana Jones show etc...why Soarin?

Los Angeles, California, United States, United States

With a ride like Soarin' they don't have to spend any money on development, just build another copy - just like Six Flags did with the B&M Batman coasters, Universal has done with Shrek 4D. The public gets a fun ride that's already proven popular, the company saves money. I don't care for this type of thing personally, because I don't want to travel to ride the same rides I have in my own home park. Unfortunately, that's how the business goes now.
    See more of my horrible photos (and a few good ones) at my Flickr photostream

• Pirate - G'har!

Thing is, I think there are cheaper, better rides that could be put there!

• Banned User

Guernsey, Channel Islands, United Kingdom

Really enjoyed your latest MiceChat article Alain thanks.

• No honestly it is me

Thanks for the update Alain. Even though I usually know about most of the stuff you have discussed already, due to my love of DLP, you still keep coming up with the odd piece of info I haven't heard like the possibility of an attraction in the backlot area!

As long as they don't stick Soarin in the studios I'll be happy Unless of course they can successfully link it to a film, Narnia perhaps?

Quote Originally Posted by tasman View Post
    Like others I think it completely out of theme for Soarin to be shoe-horned into this park. This seems to be a characteristic of Disney at present...quality of rides and constructions have improved since the Eisner days, but no thought is given to whether a given ride fits the theme of its park or area (as evidenced by Al's recent DCA update). There are so many options for "movie" park that would be thematically consistent...Fantasmic, Philharmagic, theatrical presentation such as Aladdin, Indiana Jones show etc...why Soarin?
    Agreed and while Lucas films (Star Wars/Indiana Jones) may not be Disney they do own the rights and they are 2 of the most popular franchises in cinema history. Surely any new attraction based on either would bring a lot of visitors to the studios?

I've been thinking for ages that they should move Star Tours to the studios when they get the update due in the American Parks. Then build a whole Star Wars section with additional attractions, Based on the huge fan base for Star Wars in the UK alone I'm sure this would work.

Alain have you heard anything about our Star Tours being updated like the US ones? or any other rumours for the Studios?

• Circle of Ancients

Blog Entries

Considering Lucas is involved with re-vamping DL's Tomorrowland along with Star Tours 2.0 for DL and WDW, I'm certain the new attraction will go to DLP and TDL as well.

That makes a lot of sense to move the attraction to the Studios, although Lucas may prefer it in Discoveryland. I'm sure he prefers Star Tours at DL than DCA, I'm pretty sure it will stay in Tomorrowland in California at least.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast