• MiceAge Columnist
    • MiceAge Founder & Editor

Blog Entries

7/12: A Look Back, Part II

Guest columnist Alain Littaye with part two of the series celebrating Disneyland's 50th in publicity photos... discuss it all here!
    "Politics is the profession whereby the inevitable is made to seem a great human achievement" - Quentin Crisp

Re: 7/12: A Look Back, Part II

Gotta love the early Walt photos! Man, I'd do ANYTHING to be those teenagers, talking to Walt!
    "The views and opinions expressed on this post are mine and do not necessarily represent or reflect those of The Walt Disney Company."

• Iron-Clad Allie

Re: 7/12: A Look Back, Part Deau

Your new article is a soivenir in it's own right. I especially enjoyed tha picture of the animatronic pirate inside the workshop. Perhaps as exciting as seeing the photos of vintage Disneyland is the glow of happiness and pride in Walt's eyes. It is a very nice tribute, Alain.
    Last edited by Ride Warrior; 07-12-2005 at 07:10 AM.

• FastPass n00b

See, *this* is why Disneyland will always be the most special of all the parks. They could build a million Disneylands in the world and none would equal the excitement of knowing that Walt built and walked around in it. Seeing pictures of him in areas that are still exactly the same is great. It really goes to remind you that Walt not only designed and walked through Disneyland, he lived there and was highly involved in its day-to-day running.

It's interesting to note that those teenagers are now as old as Walt himself when he died. Wouldn't it be something if one of them just found that picture today on MiceAge? It's funny, they probably thought nothing of it at the time probably thinking, "Hey, it's that guy from that TV show." Among Walt's many talents, being able to relate to everyone from a kid to a teenager to an adult was one of his strengths. He never alienated any age group.

Also, did anyone notice he's leaning on a "Push" trash can. Must've been one of Push's old relatives.

• World Famous Skipper

Disneyland.... seriously, I met my roommates once I think..

hello. i'm a skipper over at the World Famous Jungle Cruise, and I just wanted to thank you for those pictures. Those are really awesome, and exciting for me, because even though I haven't been in the jungle long, I feel like it's my home, and it's so cool to see pictures of it back in the day. And it feels like we haven't been getting all that much attention, so I just wanted to say thank you.

• Iron-Clad Allie

You have quite a collection of Disney photographs, Al. Among my favorites are Walt and Fess Parker on horseback, the Jungle Cruise, and Art Linkletter and Irene Dunne.

I would sure like to see a video of the opening day tv show broadcast.