Page 1 of 17 123411 ... LastLast

• MiceAge Columnist
    • MiceAge Founder & Editor

Blog Entries

10/9: Dead or Alive?

it's a larger world after all, Year of a Million Taggers, Dream Fatigue, DoM's, So much more... Discuss it all here!
    "Politics is the profession whereby the inevitable is made to seem a great human achievement" - Quentin Crisp

• Pilot EdForceOne

Re: 10/9: Dead or Alive?

Hrmm.. what about the monorail going through the DCA entrance area during the front-gate being demo'd?
    Check out my blog - Coreplex: Rambling from inside the Grid

Am I evil? yes, I am
    Am I evil? I am man, yes, I am

Quote Originally Posted by sleepyjeff View Post
    Disneyland was meant to be sipped not chug-a-lugged

• Sock Puppet

Quote Originally Posted by flynnibus View Post
    Hrmm.. what about the monorail going through the DCA entrance area during the front-gate being demo'd?
    One-way operation for another two years.

I think we had like what, four months of two-train complete circuit operation as the Subs were being finished and opened? Now there's only one monorail running and after the holidays it'll probably be one-way for a considerable length of time.

Those new monorails can't come soon enough.

• Circle of Ancients

Interesting article Al.

I agree about Grizzly entirely. I actually like the ride, but I think it's been over 2 years since we have ridden it.

• I'm not really here

Wow, quite the update. Thanks for all your hard work in putting it together (and anyone else who contributed). It will be interesting to see how closely the end result mirrors the dream.

As for the actual construction of it, I hope we can all remember to keep focused on the end result during this time. It's going to be a pain for a while, but it will be so worth it in the end. Yes, one way monorail service is frustrating, and it seems like that's all we've had over the years. But when the walls and tarps start coming down, it will all have been worth it. Sadly, I think I see many "I can't stand the one way service" type threads in our future. And not just monorails, I'm not picking on anyone. I just envision a whole host of complaints about the construction.

I can't wait for them to start. The sooner they do, the quicker I can walk through the new stuff.

As a question, are we allowed to lynch DoMs?

Our revels now are ended. These our actors, As I foretold you, were all spirits and Are melted into air, into thin air: And, like the baseless fabric of this vision, The cloud-capp'd towers, the gorgeous palaces, The solemn temples, the great globe itself, Yea, all which it inherit, shall dissolve And, like this insubstantial pageant faded, Leave not a rack behind. We are such stuff As dreams are made on, and our little life Is rounded with a sleep. mycroft16 on Twitter

You know there is another topic I think needs to be brought up. I'm a Law Enforcement Officer who loves going to the Park to relax on my days off and lately I've noticed another section of the Disneyland work force that has seem lacking lately is the Security force I mean how sad is this on several recent visits to the park me and my wife have been near one of the parks smoking sections and there have been groups of the parks more amusing guests sitting there passing joints around just as relaxed as if they were sitting in their own living rooms. I'll get a hold of a CM and have them put me through to Security and low and behold no one ever shows up. I mean what the heck is their problem they have guests sitting right out there in full public view doing drugs inside the park and they can't be bothered to act. There was one time where one group of these guys were sitting there smoking one after the other for around 30 minutes and security never showed after being notified. I mean am I wrong to think that Disney would not be interested that this is happening in their park. I'm sorry to go on a rant but, I'm just getting a little tired of seeing this happening in the park I love so much.

• Sock Puppet

Quote Originally Posted by DevilDucky View Post
    I'm sorry to go on a rant but, I'm just getting a little tired of seeing this happening in the park I love so much.
    It's obviously against park policy, grounds for removal from the park and against the law, but in the grand scheme of things it's not that big of a deal. It's not a dangerous situation and it's not a priority.

I'm not a pot smoker but I am a frequent park visitor, and I simply don't care that much that someone is smoking a joint in the park, and I don't think it's any worse than someone having a couple of drinks at DCA.

• The Fantasyland guy

hey, maybe disney thinks the pot will sell more food in the parks.

• Minion

Well, I'm glad to hear they at least dropped the Ratatouille coaster. Still trying to figure out how they're going to justify the Little Mermaid though.

• Just this guy......

Great Review Al. It's fun to watch how plans and things change over time. We will see how much comes to pass over the next few years.

• Pilot EdForceOne

Quote Originally Posted by Pressler69 View Post
    I'm not a pot smoker but I am a frequent park visitor, and I simply don't care that much that someone is smoking a joint in the park, and I don't think it's any worse than someone having a couple of drinks at DCA.
    Except one is illegal and the other is not.

The point is crime should not be allowed in the parks - regardless of if you feel the crime is bad or not. Should graffiti be allows because some think it's art and shouldn't be a crime?

Am I evil? yes, I am

• The Happiest Tees On Eart

What a great freaking article.

I read the whole thing, and loved it all. It gives me hope, makes me scared, made me cry and makes me hope again.

I would say that I am a DOM sometimes, I will try to keep an eye out for that on certain things. There are other things I am strongly opposed or in favor of that I will fight for, but I will try to keep an eye out for the mediocre things and not be a DOM.

I do have the it's Disney's park so it must be right, but I am starting to see things go bad over time and I can only hope for changes in the right direction.

Great post again.

New designs all the time! Click the banner to see all the designs and colors!

• Pilot EdForceOne

Quote Originally Posted by mycroft16 View Post
    As a question, are we allowed to lynch DoMs?
    That section sounded more like a justification on why being negative is good.

Why should people be insulted for actually enjoying something? Because it doesn't match up to someone else's 'standard' they shouldn't be allowed to say they enjoyed something and it was good?

Labeling is insulting when the label is used in a derogatory way.

Am I evil? yes, I am

No new news on other Disneyland future attractions? Tomorrowland? I will be visting Disneyland/ DCA in December. Currently reside in MN. Looking forward to seeing the Old DCA one last time, knowing it will be so much better by the time I am probably able to return. It does my heart good to see that they are actually trying to improve their big mistake. They have to do something to justify the ever-increasing ticket hikes.

Cars 2? That is news to me, and good news as I loved the first one. I am VERY EXCITED about this new land and E ticket ride.

Also very excited about Little Mermaid. Saw the ride-through on the DVD, and was immediately wishing I could ride this some day. Dreams do come true.

And the lagoon show sounds awesome. Can't wait, can't wait, can't wait!

BTW, I am not a MoD.

• just the beernecessities

As always; great update Al. I always wondered why sometimes the Small World boats would just come to a stop....and we would just sit there...for what seemed like forever...and ever....trapped, slowly and surely going mad, and wondering why we decided to enter the realm in the first place.
    Hello everyone!

Page 1 of 17 123411 ... LastLast