Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

• Yes its that much fun!

Re: 7/16: Countdown to Frustration

Let me start off by saying yes the media will be there but management has tried to keep them at bay this time. (just avoid the old AM Disney station in tomorrowland) As for the Rude CM well there is no call for that but there are times when management makes some bad decisions as well. There is just no concideration for guests anymore. As far as the crowds go let me just say that I left around 2 am and there were already over 2000 people waiting in line for this mornings festivities!

• Yes its that much fun!

and I am sorry but the only way to lighten up the crowds would be to stop the AP system. and yes that would really loose a huge demographic of people. but the people would still come.

• Mentat

Quote Originally Posted by FromWithin
    and I am sorry but the only way to lighten up the crowds would be to stop the AP system. and yes that would really loose a huge demographic of people. but the people would still come.
    That is true. The majority of visitors are within a few hours at most...BUT, what do they really lose? I bet if you do the math, it would be more profitable for DL to hike the prices and get rid of the AP (Or increase the price dramatically). You would have less AP traffic, which solves the crowding, and the prices charged would make up for the loss of volume. NOt to mention, if you had a more leisurely day at DL, you would be more inclined to shop and eat-- because the queues would be smaller, and you would feel like you had time to do things you wouldn't normally do on a crowded day.

• Banned User

I was there.. neat SM hoping to get some of it.. since I wanted to see an american ledgend.. thought what you said was completely correvct.. and on top of it.. by the time we could see anything it ewas comletely over with...

I have not seen anything but darkbeers photos... (and I traveled from FLA to see this and be in the 50th celebration....)

• Iron-Clad Allie

Quote Originally Posted by figment1986
    I was there.. neat SM hoping to get some of it.. since I wanted to see an american ledgend.. thought what you said was completely correvct.. and on top of it.. by the time we could see anything it ewas comletely over with...

I have not seen anything but darkbeers photos... (and I traveled from FLA to see this and be in the 50th celebration....)
    Sounds like hardly anyome got to see the legendary American hero, Niel Armstrong. As far as the guest experience goes, he might as well have been on the moon. Fortunately, the next day went better - although it was far from what it should have been.

I highly doubt you encountered the person in that picture being i do not work evenings nor fireworks crowd control.

Quote Originally Posted by JCLowesman
    I have encountered that rude cast member as well. I was in the park about two weeks ago for my birthday and was mis-directed (deliberatly-in afterthought) by this "person" while he was working crowd control for the fireworks show. As a result of his untimely and rude efforts, my family and I ended up with about a 5 degree arc of sky to view under the trees near Coke Corner.

I can't begin to express my dissatisfaction with this particular cast member and with the guest relations issue in general. What used to be the "Happiest Place on Earth" is rapidly becoming the "Happiest Cash Cow on Earth."

C'mon, Matt. Step up to the plate. We Disney Kids are waiting!
    Last edited by Nightspectre; 07-28-2005 at 10:23 AM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12