Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

• Count

Re: 10/18: Elephant Acknowledged

Thanks Al.
    "It was worth it if you learned something."

• The Happiest Tees On Eart

Oh wow I am super excited about the UFO's I have always wanted to go on those! That is great news!

New designs all the time! Click the banner to see all the designs and colors!

• Dave

Blog Entries

Talking Re: 10/18: Elephant Acknowledged

I was one of those opposed to seeing the sign go, but after seeing what they have planned, I'll still miss it, but feel good about what they have in store. The thing I am most excited abouts is Luigi's bumper tires C Ticket (a la' Flying Saucers). Seeing those old pictures on Yesterland always made me think "man the would be a cool ride". I am extremely excited about what is in store for DCA.
    I do hope AL in one of your future reports you can bring to light the dismal condition of the Dioramas at the end of the Disneylandrailroad ride.
    With that said thankyou for the amazing update. Keep up the excellent reporting.
    Dave

• Former Epcot CM

I.
    Am.
    SO.
    Excited.

A fabulous reason to put off my Disneyland trip until 2012!
    BACKPACKING REALNESS

DISNEY TRIPS
    October 2000 - Walt Disney World Resort
    October 2001 - Walt Disney World Resort
    April 2002 - Disneyland Resort Paris
    October 2003 - Walt Disney World Resort
    October 2004 - Walt Disney World Resort
    October 2005 - Walt Disney World Resort
    October 2007 - Walt Disney World Resort
    December 2008 - Walt Disney World Resort
    July 2009 - Disneyland Resort Paris
    July 2011 - Disneyland Resort California
    July 2012-13 - UK Cultural Representative Cast Member at Epcot
    February 2013 - Disneyland Resort California
    February 2013 -Tokyo Disney Resort

(VERY OLD!)
    TRIP REPORTS

• Infinitized!

I think they should keep the sun face on the Sun Wheel. Are they going to make the lighting effects on the Sun Wheel part of the water show?

All of this reminds me of the announcement about 8 years ago (or whatever it was) of DCA being built. There was a lot of excitement then, and lots of anticipation. And then unfortunately, lots of disapointment. I feel like I did in those early stages back then, but with the confidence that they are finally doing it right. Good time to be a Disneyland Resort Fan.

• MiceChat Administrator
    • Man of mystery and

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Barbossa View Post
    I think they should keep the sun face on the Sun Wheel. Are they going to make the lighting effects on the Sun Wheel part of the water show?
    I agree. The mickey face hovering above a Victorian Paradise Pier will look hokey. And I'm sure that the upgraded lighting is for the Wonderful World of Color show. The Wheel is a great backdrop for the show and should be incorporated in.

Over-all, I'm VERY excited about the brighter new future for the Disney Adventures park (please drop the California - PLEASE).

The only thing I'm not happy about - Goofy's flying school. Lets scrap that crappy coaster and build something real there! I just hate that painful, slow loading, crappy coaster. Giving it a Goofy theme is only going to make the lines even longer and not solve the problem of the inadequate carnival ride system.

But that's just a little speck in the otherwise OVERWHELMINGLY good news!

Now, to complete the executive reshuffle, and get the Disneyland and Downtown Disney projects under way. Exciting times indeed!
    Find us on Facebook:

How do you support MiceChat? Join MiceChat GOLD!,

• Minion

Al, this was a great article! I had read a lot of this information yesterday on other boards, but your articles always seem to have those "extra special" inside tidbits. I loved hearing about how Lasseter became giddy when he heard about Luigi's ride. What a way to bring back the "Old" days in a "New" way.

I am stricken with excitment and emotion at the proposal for a New Partner's Statue. They really are wanting to show us what Walt had seen back then. I am also excited at how they are tying this ALL in to Walt Disney. The man who started this all.

The Facade for Little Mermaid is beautiful! I can't believe how much they are spending on this ride but I am thrilled to see this. A friend of mine and I once drew up our own "imagineering" plans for a Little Mermaid ride and it feels like it is coming true!

I love what they are doing with the Sunwheel and the Old Mickey Mouse face. This brings back so many memories of watching the old cartoons and having Donald sit in that red easy chair opening a "gift" that had some crazy thing pop out and pull him in!

The Cars "E Ticket" sounds like such a blast! From the model pictures I've seen online, it is MASSIVE! I can't wait to see the preview center at DCA next year!

I am also excited to see there is a phase 2 (do you have any more info on this Al?) as well as a 5 year plan for Tomorrowland (can't wait to hear about this).

Thank you Al for putting together a wonderful recap of everything going on. Disney is truly heading in the right direction with this and I finally have that "Disney Shivers of Excitement" running through my body!

P.S. I am THRILLED that Goofy finally gets his OWN ride at Disney! YAY!!!

I am Thrilled, when do we start seeing some construction?

• Minion

I think Al said the entrance will go under tarps in January. As for everything else we will just have to wait and see.

• Circle of Ancients

Blog Entries

Smile Re: 10/18: Elephant Acknowledged

Quote Originally Posted by Ride Warrior View Post
    HOORAY!!! THIS IS YOUR BEST UPDATE OF ALL TIME AL!!!
    You're such a DoM, I've seen Al do better.

J/K

You rock, Al Lutz.

RECAP of the Lutz report:

The Golden Gate monorail bridge will become an "art deco bridge that hides the monorail beam. This bridge won't be too much of a focal point however, as the long term plans for transportation around the Resort may have the monorail moving from that circa 1961 path."

So let's recap exactly what was announced at yesterday's Town Hall Meeting, and what was not. Opening in DCA by the summer of 2012 is:

New Park Entrance Complex by 2011
    New Art Deco turnstiles pushed out to the current California letters
    Pacific Electric Red Cars to Hollywood and Radiator Springs
    Antique vehicles to Hollywood
    Carthay Circle Theater with new Walt Disney Story
    WaltDisneyPlaza
    1920's Los Angeles architecture throughout

Paradise Pier Remake 2008-2011
    Toy Story Midway Mania in 2008
    DCAPreviewCenter in 2008
    Disney's World of Color in 2009 with new amphitheater
    Little Mermaid Attraction and play area
    Goofy's FlyingAcademy
    BeerGarden
    Victorian architecture and themeing throughout
    Disney-Pixar character overlay to midway games

CarsLand expansion 2012
    12 acre expansion into the existing Timon Lot
    Radiator Springs Racers E Ticket
    Luigi's bumper tires C Ticket (a la' Flying Saucers)
    Mater's Spinner C Ticket
    Drive-In Movie Restaurant
    Radiator Springs area development, stores, quick serve dining
    Realigned parade route

But keep in mind this is not everything planned for the next four and a half years. Still to come is information regarding a digital Philharmagic going in to the space currently occupied by MuppetVision, plus announcements on details of the Maliboomer being removed, some existing Pier attractions being moved around, and some additional development in and around the Pacific Wharf area. There are also additional dark ride concepts being worked on and new entertainment planned for DCA's looming construction era beyond the new Pixar parade that opens this spring.

And of course there's the Downtown Disney expansion, Disneyland Hotel remodeling, the Disney operated hotels planned for GardenWalk, and yes, a separate five year plan for Tomorrowland's overhaul, all now on the front burner for Anaheim.

• Splash Mountain Lover

The more and more I read about the changes of DCA, even though I love DCA already, I'm getting excited!!!

The Cars area sounds great! I'm so excited for Mater!

I just hope Disney still keeps it California themed, I would be soooooo disapointed if they were to change the park completely.

I still think they need to a little more California variation in the park. Oh and changed a Bug's Land, it is boring! Well at least some of it, not all of course!

• Minion

Well, remember that Cars was based off of Route 66 I believe. So....still Califorania. I think it would be great if they got rid of Bugs land and rethemed it to the Hollywood Tower of Terror. I would like to see that theme extended to more than just that little corner where the ride is. Good thinking Ms. Daisy Duck!

• Dave

Blog Entries

From the amount of kids going into bugsland and from the amount of smiles and fun my kids had there last time, I don't see Bugsland going anyplace. I think they could enhance it be putting in an underground aunt like rollarcoaster.
    I think my only concern from a safty stand point, is will there be enough room to Safely have that red car run through the park with all the guests packed in there?
    Dave

I am most excited about the Flying Saucer attraction. Probably most excited just because it hadn't been mentioned by Al previously so it comes as a big surprise.
    The Mur

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast