Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

• Minion

Re: 10/18: Elephant Acknowledged

I love your Avatar EmeralineDragon

• Me and Tommy Kirk

I'd like to start a count of how many times in one update Al takes credit for having the news before it's announced. I think it was 3 this time. I swear his childhood hero was Hedda Hopper. Yes, we get it, Al. You told us so!

Great update though. The new overhaul sounds wonderful, especially the new 1920's theming and the focus on Walt Disney. It certainly sounds more like a Disney park than the magic-lacking DCA is now. I only wish that the flying saucer type ride could go back into the Disneyland's Tomorrowland. Tomorrowland still needs attention, people!

• Minion

Al said that there is a proposed planned 5 year phase for Tomorrowland also in his new article.

Great to hear all of the good news!!! Nice to see Walt getting his props!

I wonder when Disney is going to start rebuilding the MK in WDW. She is one tired lady and needs some major dollars to bring her up to the standards of DL. I wish John Lasseter would make a trip east and spend some time to work on this diamond in the rough!! The MK is kind of like DLs' step sister, same last name but none of the family looks!!!

• Dave

Blog Entries

Just a quick question is the electric parade goin for ever now with all the new shows and events, or is there any chance they will bring it back to Disneyland?
    Dave

• Me and Tommy Kirk

Quote Originally Posted by bigwavedave View Post
    Just a quick question is the electric parade goin for ever now with all the new shows and events, or is there any chance they will bring it back to Disneyland?
    That's what I'd like to know!! Wouldn't that be awesome?! I'd like to see a little bit of an update for it as well. Not necessarily taking anything away, but perhaps adding a couple of new units dedicated to some favored Disneyland attractions ala the 50th anniversary Wishes show...

• Splash Mountain Lover

The name for Carsland, should be Radiator Springs....I just like it. And we won't have another "land."
    It was also be cool if they were to name it Hwy 5, I even like that idea better! Everytime I would visit So Cal I would always look for the Matterhorn, and I still do today. That would be very Walt and California combined, and isn't that the new goal of the park?

I like a Bug's Land, but maybe change it a little? Not completely destroy it but modify....? Maybe more kid rides, because there really isn't enough little kid rides compared to DL. That could be a reason why DCA did not succeed.

I hope they do not change Pacific Wharf.....I love that area. It is always where I go to relax, have a bread bowl, and listen to some music. And get a tortilla of course!!!!

• Dave

Blog Entries

I Just looked on Yesterland and did not see it posted on their web site. So I am assuming it may still be apart of their line up. The last time I saw it was about 4 summers ago. Is there any chance they still have it and I think moving it to the off season may be away of increasing park attendance at Disneyland during that time.
    Dave

• Dave

Blog Entries

Ms, Daisy Duck I like that Raditor spingsidea too! I too turn from a 36 year old kid into an 8 year old too when coming down the 5 and see that peek, so I think HWY 5, would be more than ok.
    Dave

• Know More Than You Should

The Electric Parade is still going strong; I sometimes prefer it to the fireworks because DCA is never crowded (all the crowds are at DL waiting for the fireworks) and it's easy to get a great spot.

I am very excited about these announcements. I don't mind DCA much when I spend an hour or two there of my day at DLR, but I have always dissapointed that it was never the WESTCOT sort of great second park it was supposed to be. I always feel jealous of WDW and their four parks- even when it was just MK and EPCOT. But with these changes I really think DCA will be what it was supposed to be- a good park you actually want to go to and that you might willingly make the focus of your day at DLR.

• MA Reader Since 2003

Thank you Al. This is such awesome news. Its nice to see that the current management actually gets it, or so it seems. When the new DCA is done the numbers will prove them right.

"Imagination is more important than knowledge..."
    -Albert Einstein

• Dave

Blog Entries

Is the Electric Parade still only in the summer. I know I am one in a million but I prefer that parade to Fantasmic, and I would hate to see it cut. We are going in Feb and I would love to it again. To me it is like a moving Vegas.
    Dave

• Cranky Dragon is Cranky

Quote Originally Posted by disneyland255 View Post
    I love your Avatar EmeralineDragon
    Thanks. The Disney Ducks don't get enough love. (Unca Scrooge needs to have a business in one of the parks. )
    Current hat total: 100 of 100 - completed!

Duckland
    : Stroll through downtown Duckburg, making sure to tour Scrooge's Money Bin, then cross the Audubon Bay Bridge to St. Canard. Visit Liquidator's Splash Pool, and don't forget a stop by Bushroot Gardens!

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by bigwavedave View Post
    I would love to see it head back over to Disneyland. It just isn't the same since it moved to DCA. They just moved it there to get people to go to the park.

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by EmeralineDragon View Post
    Thanks. The Disney Ducks don't get enough love. (Unca Scrooge needs to have a business in one of the parks. )
    I wouldn't mind a Ducktales Ride!!!

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast