Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345

Re: 7/18: Not Quite a Home Run

>>1. Having the original Mary Poppins, Julie Andres dress-up as Mary Poppins and be available for pictures or sing a short song from the original Mary Poppins movie in front of the castle.<<

Can you imagine pitching that one to Mrs. Andres [sic]??? "Now Julie, can you stand in the heat - in this vintage costume we pulled from wardrobe -and take pictures all day??"

"And, I know ever since your vocal fold surgery you've not been able to sing and, are in litigations still with your lyrangologist - but, while your posing for pictures, could you belt out a tune or two for the paying guest?"

I LMAO when I read this one - too, too funny!!

thomas
    Last edited by TDSTOM; 07-20-2005 at 09:18 PM.
    "Decisions are easy, if you know what your values are" - Roy Disney

Al -

Discretion being the better part of valor, I opted not to visit Disneyland on the 17th, but I have enjoyed being a fly on the wall through your articles. I just wanted to take a moment to thank you for remembering David Mumford, a long time friend and colleague who was taken from us far too soon. His participation in Imagineering and his books added immensely to the entire Disney experience. I would like to take a quick moment to also pay a small tribute to my late husband, Tom E. Fitzgerald, a 22 year Imagineer who died soon after David of the same devastating disease. Tom was a quiet man who did not publicize his work, but was very proud of all of his many contributions to the Disney parks all over the world. We both were very fond of a Stephen Schwartz musical called "Working", which contained a song that he took deeply to heart. The lyric speaks of how "Everyone should have something to point to, something to be proud of. See what I did, I was the one..." Tom felt that of all his projects, Spaceship Earth at EPCOT center and the Great Movie Ride at Disney-MGM Studio were his something to point to, but he was proud of all his work. Right down to the silly lighting fixtures in Toontown, he felt he was leaving something that the rest of the world would remember him by, even if they never knew it was him. I am certain that David had that same kind of pride. Thank you for remembering the little Imagineers that people tend to forget...those of us who loved them appreciate the thought.

Imagineerz
    Last edited by Imagineerz; 07-20-2005 at 11:14 PM. Reason: grammar

Morning Everybody
    There was loads of news coverage on loads of channel throughout the day on Sunday. Some boobie prize for those of us who couldn't be there to collect our ears in person.
    When the park opened, I was 7 and living in Michigan. There was plenty of coverage in those days. But a loaf of bread was a nickel...times change.
    Gambear

Quote Originally Posted by TDSTOM
    >>1. Having the original Mary Poppins, Julie Andres dress-up as Mary Poppins and be available for pictures or sing a short song from the original Mary Poppins movie in front of the castle.<<

Can you imagine pitching that one to Mrs. Andres [sic]??? "Now Julie, can you stand in the heat - in this vintage costume we pulled from wardrobe -and take pictures all day??"

"And, I know ever since your vocal fold surgery you've not been able to sing and, are in litigations still with your lyrangologist - but, while your posing for pictures, could you belt out a tune or two for the paying guest?"

I LMAO when I read this one - too, too funny!!

thomas
    I laughed too. When I read that post, I thought if she even could sing, she'd probably be so happy she'd sing the entire Mary Poppins soundtrack...and the Sound of Music too!

• insufferable know-it-all

Imagineerz: That's so cool! I'm sure we'd love to hear more about your husband and his work!

Unusually and exceedingly peculiar and altogether quite impossible to describe...

Thank you Al for the corrections I appreciate it

• Donald's #1 Fan

Just a quick note, Al... there's no such thing as "Mexico Day", unless Walt Disney made up one!

BTW - Iger and Eisner look like dorks with their mouse ears on. The simple reality is - they are businessman and they couldn't care less about a "theme park anniversary". They don't have the look in their eyes Walt had. I wonder when the Walt Disney Company will have a CEO that deserves the spot. Rats.
    Last edited by fjhuerta; 07-22-2005 at 03:34 PM.

• Banned User

Compare this to the Candlelight Procession fiasco under Pressler a few years ago, where visitors were injured in a poorly managed park entry free-for-all to obtain a limited amount of tickets.
    Does anyone remember this?? What exactly happened?

In the last picture, Eisner looks, to me: A) He was forced to be there and smile, and B) Half dead. Seriously. He looks like he could just pass out on the spot. Was that from the heat of the day taking it's toll?

Considering that this was put together with far less time than given to the kickoff of the 50th "Celebration", I think it was about as good as it could be. I'm sad that Roy couldn't be there, but Mrs. Disney Miller was touching.

• Frustrated A/V Engineer

Quote Originally Posted by fjhuerta
    BTW - Iger and Eisner look like dorks with their mouse ears on. The simple reality is - they are businessman and they couldn't care less about a "theme park anniversary".
    Well, take anyone in a business suit and put mouse ears on his head and he'll look like a dork!

And I agree that Eisner only looked at the parks from a financial standpoint. But the jury's still out on Iger. Remember, he hasn't been in the Disney family all that long. So far he's done some terrific things that Eisner couldn't get done. I'm willing to give him a chance.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345