Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

• Minion

Re: 11/13: A Pirate's (After) Life For Me

So DIsney just figured out that Philharmagic won't fit in the Muppets Theater? How did they not realize that before or were they just spitting out ideas without actually checking to see if they would actually work? That seems a bit strange to me.

Quote Originally Posted by danyoung View Post
    The only thing I don't understand about this update is the need for such a major reconstruction to run Philharmagic in the Muppets theater. As far as I know, the only hardware needed would be the two extra projectors to show the side screen images. These aren't even 3D projectors, so their weight would be minimal. Perhaps there's some dimension to the theater that would have to be changed for the side screens to work.

And I'm already saving my nickels for the big DL tour - sounds awesome!!!
    Philharmagic has a much larger screen than MuppetVision.
    MUUUCH larger.

Quote Originally Posted by kirbilicious View Post
    So DIsney just figured out that Philharmagic won't fit in the Muppets Theater? How did they not realize that before or were they just spitting out ideas without actually checking to see if they would actually work? That seems a bit strange to me.

Hold on to your hats, if history is any indicator, we'll be hearing several of these "well, we wanted to....but...."'s come out over the next few years. It happens in every project as the "creative" ideas hit the actual execution and funding phase. We'll just have to wait to see what actually can/will be built.

As the saying goes, "reality is a @#$%".

Quote Originally Posted by kirbilicious View Post
    Could it be an issue of screen size? It'd be bad if it had to be be projected on a smaller screen to fit inside. I wouldn't mind if they put Cine-Magic from the Paris Studios there, but they'd probably have to recut the film for US audiences.

What I don't get is how people can make it past security with urns or ziplocs or whatnot with cremated remains. No one's going to bring remains just because.

• is too darn hot.

Quote Originally Posted by danyoung View Post
    The only thing I don't understand about this update is the need for such a major reconstruction to run Philharmagic in the Muppets theater. As far as I know, the only hardware needed would be the two extra projectors to show the side screen images. These aren't even 3D projectors, so their weight would be minimal. Perhaps there's some dimension to the theater that would have to be changed for the side screens to work.

And I'm already saving my nickels for the big DL tour - sounds awesome!!!
    Philharmagic's screen is incredibly wide.

Good update, Al. Sad that we won't be seeing new stuff at the front gate for a while, but their reasoning makes sense.
    The Right Honorable Count Boogie Bonz of Random, at your service.

On Track for Weight Loss!

• Banned User

Ahh...IASW...when I was 17 I deflowered my (at that time) girlfriend...memories...sucks they won't have it w/o cameras anymore...

• Sock Puppet

HAHA they are selling rides on Space Mountain with the lights on? Backstage tours?! Haha!

This shameless company will sell anything.

• Sock Puppet

Quote Originally Posted by DisneyMickey View Post
    Why does this DCA remake seem to just move further and further into the future?
    I think the timeline was always 2012 for everything to be completed.

What I seem to notice though, is that the plans keep getting scaled back. No PhilharMagic, flying saucers are on the chopping block, no villains coaster, etc. I can't wait to hear what else gets canceled or gets put on the endangered list.

While I still think the 1.1 billion dollars is going to improve the park, Disney is still being stingy with the budget, and the park isn't going to be on the grand scale of TDS.

They are selling backstage tours for 2 grand a pop! How could they be worried about the budget?!

• Parmageddon Jim

Quote Originally Posted by TheManator View Post
    Ahh...IASW...when I was 17 I deflowered my (at that time) girlfriend...memories...sucks they won't have it w/o cameras anymore...
    This, or "cremains" being dumped. Can't decide which image is more disturbing.

And it's not so much the act, but the wording of the post itself.
    So full of Disney Magic, my eyes are blue.

• Now 40% less bitter!

If Philharmagic is such an issue, why don't they redo the attraction and have a new Muppets 3-D? They own the muppets, so wouldn't it be possible to have an updated and entertaining muppet-themed attraction in there? Maybe something that didn't drag on so much?
    Also, I know it's creepy, but perhaps the time has come for a sort of memorial park on the outskirts of the resort. Maybe people's ashes could be buried under flowers, or a bench could be commemorated for someone. I don't necessarily want to ride past a graveyard (unless I'm supposed to ), but clearly the demand is there.
    Oo-de-lally!

• MA Reader Since 2003

How long before all the DCA plans are reduced to ashes?

"Imagination is more important than knowledge..."
    -Albert Einstein

• Gumball Rally Godfather

I'm gonna go to Walt's Apt and Imagineering AGAIN!!
    Charlie
    MiceChat User #1037

Quote Originally Posted by Pressler69 View Post
    I think the timeline was always 2012 for everything to be completed.

What I seem to notice though, is that the plans keep getting scaled back. No PhilharMagic, flying saucers are on the chopping block, no villains coaster, etc. I can't wait to hear what else gets canceled or gets put on the endangered list.

While I still think the 1.1 billion dollars is going to improve the park, Disney is still being stingy with the budget, and the park isn't going to be on the grand scale of TDS.

They are selling backstage tours for 2 grand a pop! How could they be worried about the budget?!
    Flying Saucers on the chopping block? My we are a dramatic bunch aren't we?
    Al says TDA asked WDI to improve their flying saucer proposal and that these meetings were in a state of "infancy" and all of a sudden they are on their way out?!

Incredible...

I have heard of the possibility of adding both Mickey's PhilMagic and the Villains overlay and that they were considered blue sky proposals but I didn't know Disney committed to these ideas and then ultimately turned them down.

Now if we lose Luigi's tires and since Disney has formally announced its addition to DCA, then I will complain.
    "If you build it right, they will come." - Bob Iger

"I'm not a literary person. As far as realism is concerned, you can find dirt anyplace you look for it. I'm one of those optimists. There's always a rainbow." - Walt Disney

"I don't care about critics. Critics take themselves too seriously. They think the only way to be noticed and to be the smart guy is to pick and find fault with things. It's the public I'm making pictures for." - Walt Disney

• Directly directed

Throwing people's remains around Disneyland is just creepy! Why don't people have common sense?

Quote Originally Posted by Circarama View Post
    I'm gonna go to Walt's Apt and Imagineering AGAIN!!
    I loved your last trip report so much that I promised myself I would try to make that trip happen for my family.

Jimmy Kimmel show, Jim Henson Studio Tour, Disney Studio Tour, WDI tour, Walts Apartment Tour....

I am pretty excited about this...
    "If you build it right, they will come." - Bob Iger

"I'm not a literary person. As far as realism is concerned, you can find dirt anyplace you look for it. I'm one of those optimists. There's always a rainbow." - Walt Disney

"I don't care about critics. Critics take themselves too seriously. They think the only way to be noticed and to be the smart guy is to pick and find fault with things. It's the public I'm making pictures for." - Walt Disney

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast