Page 1 of 8 1234 ... LastLast

• MiceAge Columnist
    • MiceAge Founder & Editor

Blog Entries

11/13: A Pirate's (After) Life For Me

Increasingly people are leaving Grandma to spend eternity at Disneyland, A DCA Update, More...

Full story HERE

DIGG It HERE

Jeqq It HERE

Last edited by Dustysage; 11-13-2007 at 11:51 AM.
    "Politics is the profession whereby the inevitable is made to seem a great human achievement" - Quentin Crisp

• Beep Beep!

Re: 11/13: A Pirate's (After) Life For Me

Thanks for the update Al! The whole remains thing is just disturbing....
    HDAlien

-----------------------------------------------------
    "I dream of the day when you can go to a drive through, purchase alcohol, tobacco, and bullets, and use them all before you get home" -- Dogbert

Blog Entries

Its very disturbing to think that people are actually dumping remains in the park but I have to admit to not being the least bit surprised. As fanatical as many of us are over the parks, I have to admit to thinking more than once about how I'd like my final resting place to be in the parks somewhere.

Quote Originally Posted by kcnole View Post
    Its very disturbing to think that people are actually dumping remains in the park but I have to admit to not being the least bit surprised. As fanatical as many of us are over the parks, I have to admit to thinking more than once about how I'd like my final resting place to be in the parks somewhere.
    Does anyone else sense a marketing opportunity here? Imagine:

"For a mere $559.95, we will bake the ashes of your dead loved one into a paving stone and they will live on in the walkways of Disneyland forever!"

• Banned User

Rivers of america is another popular dumping ground also. as a night custodial cast member myself, I've heard mention of the ashes alot on the haunted mansion.

i've heard from some also that get freaked out by the ashes, and refuse to work on the ride for that very reason. it's usually a light grey color, and teeth can be found in some of them also. looking it up online, it is possible to have teeth in the ashes it seems.

Although the term "ashes" is generally used to refer to cremated remains, that term is incorrect. The end product of the cremation process results in the body being reduced to skeletal remains (bones, teeth and calcium). These skeletal remains are reduced further in size by pulverization to allow the cremated remains to be placed in a container or urn
    so maybe the more reputable places try to pulverize it as best as they can, and the others just throw it in the plastic bag or urn then go from there?

also, i'm curious about the mention of graffiti backstage. so far, i've only seen one place that had it, the cm break room near the pizza port on some booths in it. where are the others you mention? i've tried my hardest to find backstage graffiti, the only graffiti i've found was on stage, in public areas like restrooms, people scratching stuff into paint and metal in space mountain, etc.

if it's that much of a bother, send me a list of the locations and i'll see what I can do about it. if it's scratched in, I can't do much except phone in a report, but marker/paint tagging can be phoned into security, documented, then clean up can begin.
    Last edited by mojavewolfpup; 11-13-2007 at 07:24 AM. Reason: placed second post here

• Banned User

delete this
    Last edited by mojavewolfpup; 11-13-2007 at 07:23 AM. Reason: double post?

• MiceChat Administrator
    • Man of mystery and

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Queenie View Post
    Does anyone else sense a marketing opportunity here? Imagine:

"For a mere $559.95, we will bake the ashes of your dead loved one into a paving stone and they will live on in the walkways of Disneyland forever!"

I think you just earned yourself a job in Disney marketing. Magical Remains - The happiest life after earth!
    Find us on Facebook:

How do you support MiceChat? Join MiceChat GOLD!,

• Closed Account

Just wanted to correct a little misconception: The Lilly Belle was not "Walt's private car." Walt never saw the Lilly Belle. He only knew it as car 106, Grand Canyon, and it was as open and public as any other car on the line.

• Circle of Ancients

Wow, awesome article Al.

I'm a little saddened that one of my favorite attractions at WDW (Philharmagic) may not be coming to DCA. Although I still think it fits better in the Fantasyland Theatre or ToonTown area.

And Ewww ... I think think the remains thing is the best excuse for NOT wanting to ride Pirates every meet. (right Rixter ) I just can't imagine people not realizing that while the remains for people might be there for a day, they aren't going to stay there. They'd be better off dumping them in the river. At least with that you know they have at least a decade. LOL.

While I've joked about this before, I can't say I would actually go thru with it, nor would I condone my spouse doing so either.

I know Disney has a policy where they generally try and refrain from arresting guests, however, it may be time to re-examine this policy. From an outsider's view, it would appear that the actions (some) guests are taking with regard to vandalism in the parks, are becoming more and more frequent and more costly to maintaining the park. It bothers me to see and hear about such acts and I really think Disney should become more agressive at how they deal with these things so as to prevent further and potentially more serious incidents from occuring.

Quote Originally Posted by Dustysage View Post
    I think you just earned yourself a job in Disney marketing. Magical Remains - The happiest life after earth!
    Funny! But, (half) seriously, there could just be a market for such a thing. The ranks of Disney fans seems to be growing bigger and bigger. Why not capitalize on it? Not sure about DL, but WDW could offer an "official ceremony" where they would spread your beloved's ashes over Seven Seas Lagoon/Bay Lake.

Okay, so it sounds a little creepy, but there might actually be a few who would buy it. And, I wouldn't be surprised if there's been a few who have done it already, without Disney's approval.

I may be the only one but....

Adventures by Disney-Hollywood and Disneyland! Sign Me Up!!

That should be a good anniversary present next year
    "If you build it right, they will come." - Bob Iger

"I'm not a literary person. As far as realism is concerned, you can find dirt anyplace you look for it. I'm one of those optimists. There's always a rainbow." - Walt Disney

"I don't care about critics. Critics take themselves too seriously. They think the only way to be noticed and to be the smart guy is to pick and find fault with things. It's the public I'm making pictures for." - Walt Disney

Thank you Al. The Adventures tour looks fun. Probably a bit to pricey for me though. Farewell Maliboomer, your scream covers will not be missed.

While that back stage trip sounds great, I have a hard time justifying the money. I have planned a 12 day trip to WDW for $4,000 including all expenses and staying at the Moderate hotels. It is really hard to justify $4,000 for a couple to go on this 5 day trip in socal.
    I think that may be one of the main reasons Disney Adventures is having such a difficult time.

As for the remains, there is a market for that, but it would be really hard to justify putting people inside the sidewalks of the par or in any other location.
    And as a disney fan, I can picture spending 1 day in the disney park and then being vacumed up and spenfing the rest of eternity in the LA landfill... doesn't sound quite as romantic

• враг народа

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by GrumpyFan View Post
    I know Disney has a policy where they generally try and refrain from arresting guests, however, it may be time to re-examine this policy.
    I was thinking the same thing. I wonder what it would take to try and double train some Cast Members as an attraction host and security guard. That way your not paying a guy just to wait for it to happen, but you have somebody on hand to deal with the situation.

Quote Originally Posted by GrumpyFan View Post
    Funny! But, (half) seriously, there could just be a market for such a thing. The ranks of Disney fans seems to be growing bigger and bigger. Why not capitalize on it? Not sure about DL, but WDW could offer an "official ceremony" where they would spread your beloved's ashes over Seven Seas Lagoon/Bay Lake.
    Disney's Cremation Club. Do you know the best place to visit grandma after she's gone?

Page 1 of 8 1234 ... LastLast