Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

• Disney Night Owl

Re: Treasures DVD: Tony Baxter Adds Spark to Nostalgic but Uneven 'Disneyland Secrets

Thanks for the terrific review!
    I'm a Treasures fanatic and I greatly look forward to this one in particular for Christmas. True it's a shame to hear it isn't as awesome as Disneyland: USA but I am psyched anyway.
    http://www.facebook.com/silverpsycho
    Always looking for new Disney friends.

• Circle of Ancients

Re: Treasures DVD: Tony Baxter Adds Spark to Nostalgic but Uneven 'Disneyland Secrets

FYI, only the newest treasures are 2 for $40 at Best Buy. So if you want all 3 it will be about $65 as the older ones aren't included.

Just ordered mine and they are ready for in-store pick-up tonight.

•   
    • I <3 o

Costco $21.99

too bad i have to go to work before i can watch any of it, but i am super excited
    Is this haunted signature
    actually
    stretching?

Or is it your imagination, hmm?
    Rockin' Lady Adelade of Random
    also known as...
    Dominatrix of Randomness

Sounds great!!! Too bad I have to wait two weeks to open mine. Yeah, I picked it up from work this afternoon (and saving 72 cents on it with my discount), we only got two copies in and I was a bit worried it would be in such high demand, that I bought it and I guess I'll wrap it up and put someone else's name in the from part of the tag and then enjoy on the 25th! Yeah, I know it spoils the surprise, but as I said, there's no more than 14 or 15 copies at all our (Best Buy) stores in the province, so I had to buy it now. I have it in my hand right now, feels so tempting to open it up, but I can wait. It's only two more weeks!

• Still lost in Neverland

I pre-ordered mine some time ago from Amazon. They notified me Sunday that it had shipped and the Post Office delivered it today. In addition to the replica ticket book (which is actually very well done) there is a small booklet about the disc and it's contents plus a small litho of the castle painting that Herb Ryman did to help sell the Park to Sponsors. Again I don't know when I will get time to watch it, but at least it's here.
    Peter Pan Forever!!! I Will Never Grow Up.

Thank You Poisonedapples

• Infinitized!

I'm hoping Disneyland will be under the Christmas tree for me in two weeks. I did pick up Oswald and Donald Duck #3 today and looking forward to watching those.

I've got 9 of the sets so far. The sets truly are treasures. Leonard Maltin did a great job with this series.

• Circle of Ancients

Quote Originally Posted by Mr_Incredible View Post
    Sounds great!!! Too bad I have to wait two weeks to open mine. Yeah, I picked it up from work this afternoon (and saving 72 cents on it with my discount), we only got two copies in and I was a bit worried it would be in such high demand, that I bought it and I guess I'll wrap it up and put someone else's name in the from part of the tag and then enjoy on the 25th! Yeah, I know it spoils the surprise, but as I said, there's no more than 14 or 15 copies at all our (Best Buy) stores in the province, so I had to buy it now. I have it in my hand right now, feels so tempting to open it up, but I can wait. It's only two more weeks!
    Obviously Best Buy down here didn't get many either. I got an email shortly after my order letting me know that the Disneyland and Donald were out of stock.

So I cancelled the whole order and got all 3 at Costco. Almost didn't find them as they were kind of hidden (strange).

The ones at Costco however did come in the tins. Not sure if the ones from other outlets did or not.

• Infinitized!

Over on another message board, someone posted some respsonses to questions they sent to Leonard Maltin about the future of the series. There are more waves coming according to Leonard. Dr Syn Alias the Scarecrow may be one of next year's releases (I'm looking forward to it if it is). Also there will probably be Donald Duck volume 4,. Some stuff that was rejected by Disney included a Song of the South/So Dear to My Heart combo, Educational Shorts, more Mickey Mouse Club. It's an interesting thread. Here's the link if you want to read it:
    http://www.ultimatedisney.com/forum/...=21588&start=0

• Seasick

I've been looking forward to this one. So far I've watched "Disneyland Like You've Never Seen It Before" which makes me glad I have a widescreen TV. They really ought to do a current version of this film.

I also did the trivia, which is fun but the transitions whenever you answer wrong get a little slow and tedious. Definately noticed the dating of the disc in this feature, as they mention Goofy's Bounce House and show the Jolly Trolley actually in motion. I'm not sure this would have even been current two years ago?

This ones kind of review proof I think. If you're registered and posting here, you're probably going to buy this DVD.

I had to go to two stores to find this DVD as well as Donald Duck. I don't think the DVD will sell out entirely, but the longer you wait, the more of a hassle it may be to track down a copy. Last years treasures sets had me going to a third store to find them too.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Nikon +Disneyland = :)

Blog Entries

I just got mine yesterday via amazon and I just have to say...

Oh.

My.

Gosh.

People and Places, Disneyland USA...I've never seen this before. Ever. I would have shelled out four times the price of this DVD for this footage alone. Absolutely stunning footage of early Disneyland! TSI!!! The size of the trees!! It was one thing to see the model in the 50th set up down in the opera house, but this was Disneyland as it was over 40 years ago! The Hotel...the trams...the outlay of the park....absolutely fascinating.

I may not be the best judge as to the quality of the DVD set as a whole, but I would give it a 20 out of a possible 10. I haven't gotten to the second disk yet, but this was WELL worth the money for me and I hope it sells well so that they might be motivate to put out a followup at some time in the future.

And the ticket book...nice touch. Man...did THAT bring back a lot of memories....

• Hopper's Mortal Enemy

Cool Re: Treasures DVD: Tony Baxter Adds Spark to Nostalgic but Uneven 'Disneyland Secrets

Got mine from Amazon yesterday. Haven't watched the main feature yet. The boy and I played the trivia game, though. You answer a question for each land, and afterwards you can watch a short vid clip. By far we found the footage of Walt's apt. to be the most interesting. There are 15 total clips, to "win", and 2 levels of difficulty in the questions. You have to do both levels if you don't want to start answering the same questions repeatedly.

Also watched the 40 minute People and Places: DL USA. This is a stunning 40 minute film shot in 1956. It's basically a big ad that was released to theaters, but in color and cinemascope, and looks incredible. Lots of arial shots, and there is also a commentary track with Baxter and Maltin.

Disc 2, which I haven't watched yet (hey, the Sharks played last night) that has 3 episodes of the Sunday night show: DL After Dark, Golden Horseshoe Review, and DL Goes to the World's Fair. I'm also looking forward to the other item on this disc-time lapse footage of the park's construction.

HMMMM, maybe I should quit wasting time writing about it, go do my slow work day, and actually watch the durn thing.

A bientot.
    Remember
    What the dormouse said
    Feed your head!

You've read it; you can't unread it!

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Disney "Colorful"

But wait, wasn't the 50th anniversary over two years ago (forget that the "celebration" lingered on much longer)? Yes it was, but most of the interview footage appears to have been taped prior to the anniversary. The average viewer may not pick up on it, but Disneyphile's will. References to Pirates of the Caribbean only mention one movie and nothing is said about the Johnny Depp additions to the ride in 2006 (Rasulo makes a brief comment about the enhancements in an obviously tacked-on segment near the end of the feature). Michael Eisner appears to be in charge in front of a desk adorned with Mickey Mouse items (didn't we run him out a while ago?). Tomorrowland looks way too 98-ish. The Finding Nemo Subs are in the planning stages. Ed Grier is still missing.
    I did seee Johnny Depp in the video and they went into Pirates Two movie.

Web-hosting: 3dxhosting.com | Blog: anthonyhays.com | Pictures: Flickr | Facebook: Cakvala

• Former Cast Member

I am surprised that the episode, From Pirates of the Caribbean to Tomorrowland was not included in this tin. Will they ever release this episode with any others of the park???

•   
    • Shenanigans.

I got all three and am really happy that I did. I really enjoyed the Ub Iwerks documentary and would say that alone is worth picking up the Oswald DVD.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aristocat View Post
    I miss David.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ginarella View Post
    All I know is that David is a pimp Gryffindor.

• Circle of Ancients

Is the Ub Iwerks documentary the same one that was shown on the History Channel, or Biography Channel not too far back?

If so, your right. It was very good.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast