Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

• We're number one!

Re: Treasures DVD: Tony Baxter Adds Spark to Nostalgic but Uneven 'Disneyland Secrets

I picked my up on Tuesday and I just love the DVD, but the ticket book that came with mine was cut incorrectly. Actually, it was cut quite badly. The image on the front of the book with the Train Station is cut off and the entire book looks slanted. It's pretty bad considering as soon as I pulled it out of the box both my boyfriend and I noticed it.

Do you think if I contacted Disney they would send another one to me? I was so looking forward to this little bonus and I couldn't help but feel dissapointed.

• Infinitized!

Re: Treasures DVD: Tony Baxter Adds Spark to Nostalgic but Uneven 'Disneyland Secrets

Quote Originally Posted by SpookyBear View Post
    Do you think if I contacted Disney they would send another one to me? I was so looking forward to this little bonus and I couldn't help but feel dissapointed.
    Give it a try. I heard people were successful in getting DVD slip cases from them, just by giving them a call and saying their's was missing when they bought the DVD.

• skyway fan!

is there anything about the skyway in the video???
    robert..
    long live the 1st vonroll type 101.the disneyland skyway.rest in peace old friend.love ya skyway! bring back the skyway!http://groups.yahoo.com/group/disneylandskyway/ My Facebook Skyway group http://www.facebook.com/?ref=logo#!/...d=115004863923

• Little Miss Sunshine

I'm still waiting on mine from Amazon.
    Denise

www.mousesteps.com

Favorite TDL Typo:

Quote Originally Posted by TDLFAN View Post
    I think it will give more pipping pervs the reason needed to go parasailing
    on Bay Lake.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • How do you do?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by vonrollskyway1 View Post
    is there anything about the skyway in the video???
    robert..
    Actually, there is on the People and Places segment. Even listening to the commentary while playing that show, Tony Baxter and Leonard Maltin both conceded it's one of their missed attractions.

Nice footage of the old wire cages too...the circular ones that look like birdcages.
    It's a Zip-A-Dee-Doo-Dah...Tip for Today!

• skyway fan!

Smile Re: Treasures DVD: Tony Baxter Adds Spark to Nostalgic but Uneven 'Disneyland Secrets

thank you.now ill half to get it.how long is the segment on the skyway???
    robert
    long live the 1st vonroll type 101.the disneyland skyway.rest in peace old friend.love ya skyway! bring back the skyway!http://groups.yahoo.com/group/disneylandskyway/ My Facebook Skyway group http://www.facebook.com/?ref=logo#!/...d=115004863923

• Little Miss Sunshine

Yay, mine arrived today. :-D
    Denise

www.mousesteps.com

Favorite TDL Typo:

on Bay Lake.

• Circle of Ancients

I so want to watch ours ... but it's sitting under the tree right now ...

• MiceChat News Team
    • Thanking the Academy

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by yoyoflamingo View Post
    Actually, there is on the People and Places segment. Even listening to the commentary while playing that show, Tony Baxter and Leonard Maltin both conceded it's one of their missed attractions.

Nice footage of the old wire cages too...the circular ones that look like birdcages.
    One of the most interesting bits on the commentary was Baxter lamenting that the Skyway was one the rare Disney rides that was removed and not replaced by something else. He seemed genuinely disappointed that it just went away.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • How do you do?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by vonrollskyway1 View Post
    thank you.now ill half to get it.how long is the segment on the skyway???
    robert
    It's only a few minutes at most, but the DVDs in general are worth getting for every Disneyland fan.
    It's a Zip-A-Dee-Doo-Dah...Tip for Today!

• skyway fan!

i allways wondered that.i got to ride across disneyland with tony baxter on nov 9 1994 the day the skyway closed.he told me it was one of his favorite attractions in disneyland.he said if it was his decision he would have shut down the ride.he also commented that it was walt disneys favorite ride.he loved his skyway.thanks for the info everyone.
    the disneyland skyway #1 fan robert

• Little Miss Sunshine

Quote Originally Posted by sir clinksalot View Post
    I so want to watch ours ... but it's sitting under the tree right now ...
    I'm really enjoying mine. I got one to give as a gift, and one to keep.

I watched the Golden Horseshoe segment yesterday. It was a lot of fun, and a nice warm-up to March (the Golden Horseshoe event in Anaheim). I was surprised that Walt was okay with Annette wearing that little saloon getup, but didn't want her wearing a bikini in the beach movies. Whenever I watch old footage, it really hits me how much older people are (if they are still alive at all). Especially Disneyland videos, where so much else still looks the same.

Wally Boag was adorable!!!! There are a couple of other segments I didn't find as interesting.
    Denise

www.mousesteps.com

Favorite TDL Typo:

on Bay Lake.

• Nuts about Disneyland

Quote Originally Posted by Mr_Incredible View Post
    Sounds great!!! Too bad I have to wait two weeks to open mine. Yeah, I picked it up from work this afternoon (and saving 72 cents on it with my discount), we only got two copies in and I was a bit worried it would be in such high demand, that I bought it and I guess I'll wrap it up and put someone else's name in the from part of the tag and then enjoy on the 25th! Yeah, I know it spoils the surprise, but as I said, there's no more than 14 or 15 copies at all our (Best Buy) stores in the province, so I had to buy it now. I have it in my hand right now, feels so tempting to open it up, but I can wait. It's only two more weeks!
    Best Buy seems to be all sold out. Coquitlam, Langley and Burnaby sold their copies the first day. None available online either. I managed to grab Walmart's last copy today ($25.83). Mine is going under the tree also.

• Wishin' I was at WDW.

Quote Originally Posted by zippythesquirrel View Post
    Best Buy seems to be all sold out. Coquitlam, Langley and Burnaby sold their copies the first day. None available online either. I managed to grab Walmart's last copy today ($25.83). Mine is going under the tree also.
    It's hard to find here too. I went out Wednesday looking for it for gifts (mine came from Amazon). Best Buy and Circuit City didn't have it. I found three copies on the shelf at World of Disney and picked up two.

Realizing I wanted to gift it to someone else as well, I got the last copy on the shelf at Virgin Megastore yesterday.

It's a great set. I can't believe they only ran 50,000 copies of it. Everywhere I went shopping for it I saw several copies of "Chronological Donald" and "Oswald the Lucky Rabbit."

(oh and off topic, the "Oswald" DVD is pretty cool too!)

• Little Miss Sunshine

I ordered mine on Amazon before it came out, I feel fortunate to have it if it's going to go so quickly!

The Golden Horseshoe portion is worth the price alone. I haven't seen the part with Tony Baxter yet, but plan to tonight.
    Denise

www.mousesteps.com

Favorite TDL Typo:

on Bay Lake.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast