Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456

Re: Treasures DVD: Tony Baxter Adds Spark to Nostalgic but Uneven 'Disneyland Secrets

wats up is anyone on here

• Infinitized!

Re: Treasures DVD: Tony Baxter Adds Spark to Nostalgic but Uneven 'Disneyland Secrets

I finally watched all of Disneyland. It is a great set. there is one thing that could have been included; a 30 to 45 minute documentary on the other parks that Disneyland spawned would have been great, i.e. WDW, Tokyo, Paris and Hong Kong. Perhaps a 2nd Disneyland set in the future?

I was a bit surprised at some of the obmissions. And a bit embarassed to admit what a crush I have on the young Rolly Crump!

I am SOOO excited to watch this but i just got another email from Best Buy saying that it is on a 90 day backorder!

You guys have any idea as to why? Should i cancel my BB online order and just get it thru Amazon?

Thanks in advance for advice!
    A Dream Is a Wish Your Heart Makes....

• Minion

I love this DVD set, the construction of Disneyland footage was probably the best feature though. I really wish there was a DVD that showed more recent footage though. Although to be honest, that might be kinda depressing.

Quote Originally Posted by CinderellaPrincess View Post
    You guys have any idea as to why? Should i cancel my BB online order and just get it thru Amazon?!

Yes, you should not have to wait for this DVD anymore go out and buy it today. Coincidentally my local Best Buy had several copies in store today. Try Costco or BJ's I bought my copy at BJ's for like $23

After checking my local Best Buy and Costco, with no luck, I purchased the set on Amazon and it took about a week to get shipped to me.
    Here you leave today and enter the world of yesterday, tomorrow and fantasy.

Quote Originally Posted by vonrollskyway1 View Post
    thank you.now ill half to get it.how long is the segment on the skyway???
    robert
    There are three or four shots of the Skyway. Entrance to the station, inside the station looking out at the gondalas arriving and gondalas in the air.

The reason given for the rides removal by the backstage tour guide was too much "adult" activity was taking place during the ride. I first rode it in '76 and wish they would bring it back.

While I loved what Lasseter had to say the video quality of him was not up to the great standards of the rest of the dvd. Anyone else notice that?
    Last edited by Konrad63; 01-17-2008 at 07:24 AM. Reason: lasseter
    Redbone Coonhound as seen in "Where The Red Fern Grows" & "Song of the South".

• Banned User

After watching Walt: The May Behind the Myth and this new Disney Secrets DVD...both a few times....I think I like the first better!

• Picturing the Magic

OMG I loved the 90 minute documentary so much. My family and I watched it christmas morning and it totally added to the nostalgia embedded in the dvd. IT was great.

*the picture Quality was perfect too!!*

(Sign up and search "Splashmoun10")

I use a Nikon D50 with a 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6 ED AF-S DX Zoom-Nikkor Lens and a Zoom-Nikkor 70-300m f/4-f/5.6 G

Check out my latest TR (August 4th---August 11th) at Disneyworld!

Check out my latest TR (January 4th) at Disneyland!

• Picturing the Magic

O yea, also...I finally watched the People and Places documentary on the dvd w/ the audio commentary with Tony Baxtor; he makes it tens time better.

(Sign up and search "Splashmoun10")

I use a Nikon D50 with a 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6 ED AF-S DX Zoom-Nikkor Lens and a Zoom-Nikkor 70-300m f/4-f/5.6 G

Check out my latest TR (August 4th---August 11th) at Disneyworld!

Check out my latest TR (January 4th) at Disneyland!

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456