• MiceAge Columnist
    • MiceAge Founder & Editor

Blog Entries

7/28: My Disneyland Home

Café Orleans facing a major upgrade, Plus Ultimate Orlando Challenge this weekend. Discuss it all here!
    "Politics is the profession whereby the inevitable is made to seem a great human achievement" - Quentin Crisp

Los Angeles, California, United States, United States

Re: 7/28: My Disneyland Home

I just wanted to point out a tiny thing on the clearance pullthrough for Everest - that's just one section of a train, not a full train being pulled through.

• MiceChat Administrator
    • Man of mystery and

Blog Entries

Kevin, thanks for the info on Cafe Orleans. I've always liked that location but rarely eat there for two reasons:

1) It is almost always closed - French Market is always open, they seem to close Cafe Orleans first - it is often closed even during the busy time before the start of Fantasmic.
    2) It has terrible food. For the price, you get a much better selection at French Market or River Belle. There just isn't much variety and for the type of food they offer, the price is far too high.

I hope that the return to table service (something that you have oodles of at WDW) we will also get an expanded and improved menu.

Let us know if you hear more.
    Find us on Facebook:

How do you support MiceChat? Join MiceChat GOLD!,

• done

I don't particularly care if Cafe Orleans is table service or not. I rather like the slide service. But anything that would make it have a decent menu would be great with me. It was one of the places that we ate at on a regular basis. Since they changed the menu a few years ago, we haven't been back. There is absolutely nothing on the menu that appeals to me at all. I like eclectic things, but I find their combinations to be just weird and unappetizing. I love sitting at the Cafe Orleans patio, so having a reason to do that (and not just as a seating for food we get from French Market) would be great.

• insufferable know-it-all

I've always preferred the food at Cafe Orleans, the darn thing's just never open.

If they come out with a menu anything close to what they're doing across the esplanade at Trattoria, it should be great. (Decent prices + good food = happy Morrigoon willingly spending money)

Unusually and exceedingly peculiar and altogether quite impossible to describe...

• Where Schemes Come True!

I can say that I've been to Disneyland somewhere in the neighborhood of 75 times and I didn't even know the Cafe Orleans existed...it looked like a cool place to eat...let's just hope they can shine it back up again and make it something to be proud of...
    Many Bothans died to bring MiceChat this information.

I'm a Disney fan in Dollywood land!

• Mentat

Cool Article Kevin!

I would love to see more table service in the park! I like to dine-- I like to drink too, but I imagine that will never happen inside DL-- and, I might add, I think that is for the best.

I can identify with your feeling of loss. I was a foods CM at the original Port Orleans resort (Before Dixie Landings stole part of the name! ) and worked in the table service restaurant called "Bonfamile's." It was awesome food and a good alternative to the foodcourt. The breakfasts inparticular, we're outstanding...ANYWAY, they closed it a while ago (5 years??) and I'll miss being able to return to Orlando and see it.

• ...or just Tonny

The cardboard thing on the EE car, as Kevin describes it, does indeed sound like a test for clearance. These things are very often used on coasters
    Ad luna in flamma gloria

I'm glad to hear that Cafe Orleans is undergoing drastic changes.
    I vowed several years ago not to eat there until they had a change in management. Perhaps the change to table service will be enough of a shakeup to prevent the conditions leading to my horrible experiences in the buffeteria line.

I'm willing to give the new table service a chance!

• The Original Disney Doll

I'm really excited to hear this news about Cafe Orleans. It has been pointed out many times the lack of table service inside DL and this is just another sign of (hopefully) more good things to come. And I think you hit the nail on the head, Kevin concerning CO's lack of identity. It sort of just blends in and you don't really notice it's exsistence. I've always thought that about all of NOS restaurants. I hope the new design will give it a big boost and let it stand out. It really is a lovely place.

Frodo failed....Eisner has the Ring!

•   
      MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • .-- . .-.. -.-. --- -- .

Thanks for the update Kevin,

Interesting news pertaining to Cafe Orleans. I don't get to visit the park on a regular basis as many AP's do since I live in Arizona, so when I do finally get to go, I (and my family) go all out a couple of nights with some nice dining time. I prefer to stay on property since this is what I came to do and our in park dining seems slim. I'm heading over in a couple of days for which my wife and I will celebrate our anniversary. We are going to do the Bayou with our entire party, but for our special day, we couldn't decide on another real good location. With this news we'll have a more robust selection in the future.

Again, thanks for another great update.

• Minion FOREVER!

Thanks for the update, Kevin.

And congrats on a major scoop on CO (if it bears out)... I completely agree that CO theme-wise
    seems to get lost in NOS and that hurts its sales.