• MiceAge Columnist
    • MiceAge Founder & Editor

Blog Entries

2/19: Five Years Later

A trip report; Ian returns to Disneyland Paris. Discuss it here.

DIRECT ARTICLE LINK: http://www.miceage.com/ianparkinson/ip021908a.htm
    "Politics is the profession whereby the inevitable is made to seem a great human achievement" - Quentin Crisp

• hatbox ghost believer

Re: 2/19: Five Years Later

Great update. Thank you so much for sharing. Hopefully they'll fix PM!!!
    Jon A. Leslie
    nojarama
    http://www.nojarama.com

• Banned User

Guernsey, Channel Islands, United Kingdom

Ian first of all welcome back we havn't read anything from you in ages and it was missed. I can't believe you havn't visited DLRP in over 5 years.

I can confirm that during the start Animagique did use more performers, through I couldn't tell you how many have been cut over the years. My problem when I watched the show last was how little efort the perfomers actually put into the show. It was like they took the day off or something.

Real you shame you missed a chance to ride Crush its a great ride, and is more than a kiddie coaster in my opinion. It gives you the same kind of rush that riding Rock N Roller Coaster does.

I completely agree with your assesment of Space Mountain: Mission 2. But one improvement I do enjoy is the new safety restraints which don't hurt your shoulders as much.

Phantom Manor is in desperate need of a refurb, and if you had done Pirates you would agree. I also was a bit shocked to see you praise the standards on Its A Small World as it was in a foul state last September when I visited last. But I'm visiting again next week for a couple of days and will keep an eye out to see if situation has improved.

The new parade is great it just needs more performers, less space between each float and a better soundtrack. I certainly perfer it to the previous parade.

Walt's is by far the best dining experience inside the park right now. And the Blue Lagoon should be avoided like the plague. You were right to make reservations here.

So Ian many thanks again for a wonderful trip report, and are there any plans to visit again in the near future, or will it be another 5 years?

• Dutch Dreamer

Great trip report, but to correct something... all buzz lightyear rides are all the same size... and ALL are buit in the space originaly occupied by a cricle vision theater... so my guess is that it just seemed larger in WDW, since the ride length and set depths are the exact same.

• MiceAge Columnist
    • Curator of Yesterland

Quote Originally Posted by jortlaban View Post
    Great trip report, but to correct something... all buzz lightyear rides are all the same size... and ALL are buit in the space originaly occupied by a cricle vision theater... so my guess is that it just seemed larger in WDW, since the ride length and set depths are the exact same.
    Actually, Buzz Lightyear's Space Ranger Spin at WDW's Magic Kingdom Park was originally If You Had Wings presented by Eastern Airlines (then If You Could Fly, then Delta Dreamflight, then Take Flight).

The former World Premier CircleVision (then Timekeeper) at WDW's Magic Kingdom Park is now Monsters, Inc. Laugh Floor.

The Buzz Lightyear ride in Florida reuses parts of the previous attraction, so it is different than the Buzz Lightyear rides in California, Japan, and France.
    Werner Weiss
    Curator of Yesterland, featuring discontinued Disneyland attractions