• MiceChat News Team
    • Top Shelf!

BANZAI INSTITUTE for Biomedical Engineering and Strategic Information

Jonas Brothers: The 3 Mouseketeers

Music Spotlight
    The Jonas Brothers: Meet the 3 Mouseketeers

Before Disney and Miley Cyrus got their hands on them, the Jonases were a determined upstart trio of God-fearing Garden State sibs. Now they're pop music's latest superstars

While they may be foreign to you, the Jonas Brothers a genial fraternal trio consisting of Nick, 15; Joe, 18; and Kevin, 20 are indebted to a nation of infected fanatics like Brandi for their fortunes over the past year. (Oh, and another teen named Miley Cyrus may have had a little something to do with their success too but more on that later.)

The group's eponymous record, their second, debuted on the Billboard charts last August at No. 5, and has since moved nearly a million copies of hook-filled anthems and tender ballads. Viewers beyond their normal adolescent fan base 18.1 million at home and another million in NYC's Times Square were introduced to hits ''S.O.S.'' and ''Hold On'' via the most recent Dick Clark's New Year's Rockin' Eve. Their 140-date worldwide tour with concert-promoting juggernaut Live Nation, which launched last month, is selling out at an impressive rate.
    Who they are today are proven headliners: As the brothers' stint with Cyrus wound down, they struck a deal with Live Nation for a two-year worldwide excursion. Launched Jan. 31 in Tucson, Ariz., their tour is causing Cyrus-like levels of hysteria. When demand for a stop in Los Angeles exploded, the group's management scrambled to add performances, eventually tearing through some 18,000 stubs. And their three-song set in the 3-D movie version of the Cyrus concert, which hit theaters in late January and mopped up $31 million on its opening weekend, has only fanned the flames: A concert scheduled for next month in their home state of New Jersey sold 12,000 seats in two minutes.

If it's even possible, the mania will get a further shot in the arm with three upcoming projects on the Disney Channel: the TV movie Camp Rock in June; a behind-the-scenes reality series later this year; and this fall, the scripted series J.O.N.A.S.
    http://www.ew.com/ew/article/0,,20179349,00.html

•   
      MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • has a brand new mindset

Re: Jonas Brothers: The 3 Mouseketeers

Phew! I read the headline and instantly thought that Disney was making a 3 Musketeers movie with them. They aren't "bad" in terms of their singing, but from their appearances on Hannah Montana, let's hope they have time for some acting classes between now and their upcoming Disney Channel projects!!
    I love my awesome crazy wonderful friends!!

"Do you remember in kindergarten, how youd meet a kid,
    then 10 seconds later youd be playing like you were best friends?"

•   
    • Dept. 41 and Club 55

Re: Jonas Brothers: The 3 Mouseketeers

I heard their version of "Yo Ho! A Pirate's Life For Me" on Radio Disney a while ago. Why did they feel the need to change the lyrics to "stand up, me hearties, yo ho!"?? They will sing about all sorts of criminal activities, but won't sing about pirates drinking?

Epic fail.